AA Quarterfinal: #5 Centennial vs. #4 Wayzata

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Centennial
25%
Wayzata
75%

Total votes: 36

Awil95

Post by Awil95 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 am

TheNightman wrote:
WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
goldy313 wrote:I think you're right, had they called it a goal I think the call would have to stand.
I ran this by Lou Nanne in the elevator, and he agreed. :)
I had a great view of it from where I was sitting. I'm not a fan of either side, but Dingmann snatched it right when it was on the line. I would say about half the puck crossed. Very close, but I think they got the call right.
They were showing the replay up in the press box and it looked like the puck crossed the line but Dingmann's glove was over it when it crossed, so it wasn't definitive.
I clearly saw a picture of the puck passing through the net on channel 12 but they don't have the ability to get that video
As dingman was pulling it out the glove raised a little and you could see te luck underneath the glove across the line if I recorders it ill go back and grab a picture of it .
Anyways good game by both very exciting and I guess you just have to have some luck sometimes

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:40 am

Very impressed with Centennial. Hats off to Wayzata for their resilience and coming back, thought Centennial had the advantage for 50 of the 51 mins in regulation. I think Centennial will win the Consolation.

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 am

Centennial was the best student section of the day, but no band?

Speaking of bands, it was as though Wayzata's band really didn't want anyone to hear them.
Buy ya a soda after the game!

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 am

TooManyEagles wrote:I'm still in shock, and have been since about 15 seconds after the OT goal. Admittedly I'm biased as a Wayzata grad, but is this game not on the level of BSM/Edina or Burnsville/Rapids? Thats to say, competing for the title of "best tournament game of the new millennium".
Think that one probably goes to Tonka/Lakeville North on the girls side.
I can splash in the rink puddles!

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Not sure it ranks that high but sure was entertaining compared to the rest of the boring first round games. Would have been nice to see the blue collar NW suburbs represented in the semis's like the glory days of the early 2000's when they won a title every year. Tough to pull for the affluent suburd teams.

WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

alcloseshaver wrote:Not sure it ranks that high but sure was entertaining compared to the rest of the boring first round games. Would have been nice to see the blue collar NW suburbs represented in the semis's like the glory days of the early 2000's when they won a title every year. Tough to pull for the affluent suburd teams.
Blaine? Anoka? Elk River? I don't know that any of these areas truly qualify as "blue collar." And from a theoretical standpoint, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more blue collar, "bring your lunch pail to work" team than Wayzata. No superstars, here..............just hard workin' guys.

Milk Carton Matty #6

Post by Milk Carton Matty #6 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Tornadoes 2003StateChamps wrote:
observer wrote:Did Munson play youth hockey for Centennial?
He played for White Bear Lake and then for Hill Murray but had some issues with notifying another team on how to beat a another goalie and Hill's coach found out about it and sent him packing.
That was actually at Centennial last season, and he was not sent packing