Closed Schools

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood

Closed Schools

Post by blueblood »

Several Metro schools that qualifed for State are closed today, does that mean the teams can't practice?
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

That decision is up to the school districts and/or individual schools.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Forget practice. How about travel. EGF, both Marshalls, Lourdes, Hermantown all have a ways to go and play tomorrow. I would guess they may have left yesterday...
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

Zamman wrote:Forget practice. How about travel. EGF, both Marshalls, Lourdes, Hermantown all have a ways to go and play tomorrow. I would guess they may have left yesterday...
Another advantage for STA!!! The rich get richer!!!

ATTICA! ATTICA!

:P
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
EliteHockeyMind

Post by EliteHockeyMind »

DrGaf wrote:
Zamman wrote:Forget practice. How about travel. EGF, both Marshalls, Lourdes, Hermantown all have a ways to go and play tomorrow. I would guess they may have left yesterday...

ATTICA! ATTICA!

Just embarrasing yourself...what is the excuse going to be "the team had bus legs from the long drive" now? There wasn't going to be a Class 1A upset any way you want to look at it. STA will destrow Apollo, Breck will destroy Marshall. Hermantown and Duluth Marshall travel the same distance, and so will EGF and Lourdes.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

EliteHockeyMind wrote: Just embarrasing yourself...what is the excuse going to be "the team had bus legs from the long drive" now? There wasn't going to be a Class 1A upset any way you want to look at it. STA will destrow Apollo, Breck will destroy Marshall. Hermantown and Duluth Marshall travel the same distance, and so will EGF and Lourdes.
Not exactly, EGF about 340 miles compared to 70 or 80 miles for Rochester.

EGF is there (or about there now - Tuesday); so it really will not be a factor.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

EliteHockeyMind wrote:
DrGaf wrote:

ATTICA! ATTICA!

Just embarrasing yourself...what is the excuse going to be "the team had bus legs from the long drive" now? There wasn't going to be a Class 1A upset any way you want to look at it. STA will destrow Apollo, Breck will destroy Marshall. Hermantown and Duluth Marshall travel the same distance, and so will EGF and Lourdes.
EliteHockeyMind is not equal to my EliteSarcasmMind.

Deep breaths mon ami
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

EliteHockeyMind wrote:Just embarrasing yourself...what is the excuse going to be "the team had bus legs from the long drive" now? There wasn't going to be a Class 1A upset any way you want to look at it. STA will destrow Apollo, Breck will destroy Marshall. Hermantown and Duluth Marshall travel the same distance, and so will EGF and Lourdes.
:oops:
Looks easy from here

Post by Looks easy from here »

thestickler07 wrote:
EliteHockeyMind wrote:Just embarrasing yourself...what is the excuse going to be "the team had bus legs from the long drive" now? There wasn't going to be a Class 1A upset any way you want to look at it. STA will destrow Apollo, Breck will destroy Marshall. Hermantown and Duluth Marshall travel the same distance, and so will EGF and Lourdes.
I was just looking for the town of St. Thomas I can't find it on the map anybody know where it is
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Looks easy from here wrote:I was just looking for the town of St. Thomas I can't find it on the map anybody know where it is
Its right next to Greenway.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

and just south of Cretin-Derham Hall and Hill-Murray
EliteHockeyMind

Looks easy from here wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:
I was just looking for the town of St. Thomas I can't find it on the map anybody know where it is
Clever, I bet you are one of the idiots who thinks you need a town to call yourself part of a community as well huh?
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Actually, the town of St. Thomas is a little burgh in Derrynane Township, Le Sueur County. It is about seven miles east of Le Sueur. The town itself consists of a church and a bar/general store that has been closed for a number of years, a ballfield/park and a handful of houses. No school. Four different school districts converge near the town. The only ones with hockey teams are Le Sueur and New Prague. The others are Belle Plaine and TCU (which is part of Le Sueur's co-op).
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

EliteHockeyMind wrote:
thestickler07 wrote: :oops:
Clever, I bet you are one of the idiots who thinks you need a town to call yourself part of a community as well huh?
Hook, line and sinker. Throw it back, Looks Easy. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

east hockey wrote:Hook, line and sinker. Throw it back, Looks Easy. :mrgreen:

Lee
Its shotgun fishing status at this point.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

thestickler07 wrote:
Did you find Eastview?
EliteHockeyMind

east hockey wrote:
EliteHockeyMind wrote:
Looks easy from here wrote: I was just looking for the town of St. Thomas I can't find it on the map anybody know where it is

Lee
He may have been trolling for a response like mine, but in the end he's just an upset fan from Hermantown who will have to earn their public school championship in the 3rd place game or worse once again. Haters gon' hate.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

EliteHockeyMind wrote: He may have been trolling for a response like mine, but in the end he's just an upset fan from Hermantown who will have to earn their public school championship in the 3rd place game or worse once again. Haters gon' hate.
I'm convinced you are the alter ego of elliot.
Looks easy from here

Post by Looks easy from here »

EliteHockeyMind wrote:
east hockey wrote:
EliteHockeyMind wrote: Clever, I bet you are one of the idiots who thinks you need a town to call yourself part of a community as well huh?

Lee
He may have been trolling for a response like mine, but in the end he's just an upset fan from Hermantown who will have to earn their public school championship in the 3rd place game or worse once again. Haters gon' hate.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

thestickler07 wrote:
EliteHockeyMind wrote: He may have been trolling for a response like mine, but in the end he's just an upset fan from Hermantown who will have to earn their public school championship in the 3rd place game or worse once again. Haters gon' hate.
I'm convinced you are the alter ego of elliotT.
No on is the alter anything of ELLIOTT70.

He stands alone among men, among gods, among all super beings.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.....
can't stop laughing....
:lol:
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

elliott70 wrote: No on is the alter anything of ELLIOTT70.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.....
can't stop laughing....
So did you just create another account then?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

thestickler07 wrote:
elliott70 wrote: No on is the alter anything of ELLIOTT70.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.....
can't stop laughing....
So did you just create another account then?

I should, I have enough dang computers and hook ups and other such things.
But no, it's just me, no alter-ego, no super powers, (some say too much EGO), not much normal powers.

:lol: :lol:

still laughing....
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

hockeydad wrote:Actually, the town of St. Thomas is a little burgh in Derrynane Township, Le Sueur County. It is about seven miles east of Le Sueur. The town itself consists of a church and a bar/general store that has been closed for a number of years, a ballfield/park and a handful of houses. No school. Four different school districts converge near the town. The only ones with hockey teams are Le Sueur and New Prague. The others are Belle Plaine and TCU (which is part of Le Sueur's co-op).
Given that geography they must have a town ball team then.
Chaz Barknarkles

Post by Chaz Barknarkles »

goldy313 wrote:
hockeydad wrote:Actually, the town of St. Thomas is a little burgh in Derrynane Township, Le Sueur County. It is about seven miles east of Le Sueur. The town itself consists of a church and a bar/general store that has been closed for a number of years, a ballfield/park and a handful of houses. No school. Four different school districts converge near the town. The only ones with hockey teams are Le Sueur and New Prague. The others are Belle Plaine and TCU (which is part of Le Sueur's co-op).
Given that geography they must have a town ball team then.
I'm assuming that their town ball team must play against the lowest level of competition as well. I'm sure it is too hard to get to state if you have to go through Belle Plaine every year.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Actually, no town ball team. The ball field that is there is configured for slo-pitch. I remember playing in a couple tournaments there in my college days (ancient history). I think the biggest event they have now is a tourney for all the area fire departments every summer. It is surprising though, because nearly every other small blip on the map in the area has their own ball team. Union Hill is about five miles away and they field a pretty good ball club usually.