Marshall Backup Goaltender

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sunsetcliffs98

Marshall Backup Goaltender

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

They are down 1-5 to Breck and get a PP opportunity with 44.8 seconds left in the game. Marshall coach puts in senior backup goalie so he can "get in the game". 30 seconds later he gives up a short handed goal to Breck. Thanks coach!!
InYourFace09

Re: Marshall Backup Goaltender

Post by InYourFace09 »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:They are down 1-5 to Breck and get a PP opportunity with 44.8 seconds left in the game. Marshall coach puts in senior backup goalie so he can "get in the game". 30 seconds later he gives up a short handed goal to Breck. Thanks coach!!
Whats your point? He was a senior and letting him see the ice the last minute. That is why he is the back up.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

I see no problem with this... Obviously they weren't going to win, and obviously it was probably a bummer letting up a goal, but it was his last time ever playing.... Props to the coach
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

starmvp wrote:I see no problem with this... Obviously they weren't going to win, and obviously it was probably a bummer letting up a goal, but it was his last time ever playing.... Props to the coach
Totally agree with this.
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

We felt bad for him...
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

I am sure the kid was happy to see the ice in the State Tournament.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Granted the atmosphere isn't even comparable to Thursday's games, it is still cool to be in the net and play in the Xcel
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Its great to see his coach gave him a shot at the tourney. Its something he will remember for the rest of his life. Classy move I think.
whos_it

Post by whos_it »

The biggest stage in hockey and the kid gave up 4 fewer goals than the starter. By writing that all I am saying is I bet he will look back with fond memories. I would have killed to ride the pine, yet alone hit the ice in the biggest indoor high school tournament event in the nation. Way to go coach!!!!!! :D
whos_it

Post by whos_it »

154 teams in PGstat. 16 teams in the tourney. 2 goalies per team. 32 even get a chance to skate on the rink. Only about half of them will see the ice because of the game situations their team is in. Benefit of the doubt, 20 goalies play in the tourney out of 308 varsity goalies in the state. I bet he gets over feeling bad about playing by the time his kid has a SPECK of a chance at doing the same thing. Just saying.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

Sats81 wrote:Its great to see his coach gave him a shot at the tourney. Its something he will remember for the rest of his life. Classy move I think.
Agree!!
defense

Post by defense »

I'd have done it.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

starmvp wrote:I see no problem with this... Obviously they weren't going to win, and obviously it was probably a bummer letting up a goal, but it was his last time ever playing.... Props to the coach
Agreed.

Plus, it wasn't the coach that let Breck score.

8)
The Puck
LGW