Class A TV commentary

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nahlscout99

Class A TV commentary

Post by nahlscout99 »

Houser and Ben Clymer are terrible.

They just talk about nonsense during the game instead of
doing play by play. My nephew had the puck on his stick alot
during the game and they never even mentioned his name because
they were telling some stupid story.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

This thread has potential.
StreetStix

Post by StreetStix »

I've found this to be quite common, especially on the high school games shown on FSN during the regular season. These announcers just tell random stories rather than providing a play by play. It can definitely be frustrating at times.
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

is this the official 2013 housleyism thread?
mulefarm

Re: Class A TV commentary

Post by mulefarm »

nahlscout99 wrote:Houser and Ben Clymer are terrible.

They just talk about nonsense during the game instead of
doing play by play. My nephew had the puck on his stick alot
during the game and they never even mentioned his name because
they were telling some stupid story.
I hope they aplogize to your nephew. I hope you're not scared for life?
nahlscout99

Post by nahlscout99 »

Kids work hard all year to get to state and the tv guys cant even
provide play by play?

Mule farm-get a life you donkey
gfhockey

Post by gfhockey »

whats the johnny on the spot count so far?
BBB

Post by BBB »

Just be thankful for the stupid 2 class system. Your nephew would just be getting home from the batting cage if it were not for this watered down hockey tourney known as the class a bracket.
Clymer and housley are not play by play guys so their role isn't to mention how many touches your nephew had. What did he do when he had the puck? Anything worth mentioning?
I feel bad for the tv guys on the quarterfinal day it's widely known that 4 of the teams will struggle to get a solid scoring opportunity let alone a goal and they can't just speak their mind and say their are 4 good teams in class a and rest at just ok or worse. Clymer and housley were probably two of the best hs players in the country when they were 17-18 so it's probably harder than you think for them to relate to and comment on the level of hockey that they are forced to watch.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

BBB wrote:Just be thankful for the stupid 2 class system. Your nephew would just be getting home from the batting cage if it were not for this watered down hockey tourney known as the class a bracket.
Clymer and housley are not play by play guys so their role isn't to mention how many touches your nephew had. What did he do when he had the puck? Anything worth mentioning?
I feel bad for the tv guys on the quarterfinal day it's widely known that 4 of the teams will struggle to get a solid scoring opportunity let alone a goal and they can't just speak their mind and say their are 4 good teams in class a and rest at just ok or worse. Clymer and housley were probably two of the best hs players in the country when they were 17-18 so it's probably harder than you think for them to relate to and comment on the level of hockey that they are forced to watch.
Agreed. The A tourney is terrible especially the first day. 45 just goes for the brand name for coverage. I think it was a real loss when Tory Holt was reduced to interviews in girls coverage. He'd have been as asset on play by play.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:I think it was a real loss when Tory Holt was reduced to interviews in girls coverage. He'd have been as asset on play by play.
This Torry Holt? :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Wonder if we could do any worse having this as a sort of dream job reward for a couple of top students at Brown?

Seriously.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
celly93

Post by celly93 »

"East Grand Forks is in the northeast corner of Minnesota"

No, it's not.
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

celly93 wrote:"East Grand Forks is in the northeast corner of Minnesota"

No, it's not.
Came in to post this....
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

BBB wrote:Just be thankful for the stupid 2 class system. Your nephew would just be getting home from the batting cage if it were not for this watered down hockey tourney known as the class a bracket.
Thank you for your input. However, I'm pretty sure we've heard enough of this argument. The great thing about the USA is that we have a wide variety of television channels that you can watch instead of this "watered down hockey tourney" you speak of.
DMan-dad

Post by DMan-dad »

Can someone tell us why they keep saying "Rochester Lord" instead of "Rochester Lourdes"?
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

Must be religous I guess.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

DMan-dad wrote:Can someone tell us why they keep saying "Rochester Lord" instead of "Rochester Lourdes"?
Because the 's' is indeed silent.
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

duluth dave wrote:Must be religous I guess.
Not because of religion. It's because it's French. For the Frogs - Paris is Paree. However back when I was in HS we played Lourdes in most sports. They were Lourdes back then.