Governors Who Play Hockey

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Shinbone_News

Governors Who Play Hockey

Post by Shinbone_News »

I guess it's probably a good thing that the Gov. Dayton thread got locked -- hate it when this board goes political, IMO it's a lose/lose no matter what your personal political preferences.

That said, would it be OK to celebrate MN politicians who played the game...??? Dayton, check. T-Paw did and occasionally does, the Coleman family still straps 'em on almost every Sunday, Wendy Anderson played... The Body did not (as far as I know).

Who else? Al Quie -- not so much. Arne Carlson??? Maybe. Elmer Olson? I'm guessing the northerners and city boys generally did, the southerners not
Puckguy19

Re: Governors Who Play Hockey

Post by Puckguy19 »

Shinbone_News wrote:I guess it's probably a good thing that the Gov. Dayton thread got locked -- hate it when this board goes political, IMO it's a lose/lose no matter what your personal political preferences.

That said, would it be OK to celebrate MN politicians who played the game...??? Dayton, check. T-Paw did and occasionally does, the Coleman family still straps 'em on almost every Sunday, Wendy Anderson played... The Body did not (as far as I know).

Who else? Al Quie -- not so much. Arne Carlson??? Maybe. Elmer Olson? I'm guessing the northerners and city boys generally did, the southerners not
Dayton, yes, Pawlenty, yes, Ventura, no, Carlson, no, Perpich, no, Anderson, yes. Prior to that, I'm guessing mostly no. 8)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Puckguy19 wrote:
Shinbone_News wrote:I guess it's probably a good thing that the Gov. Dayton thread got locked -- hate it when this board goes political, IMO it's a lose/lose no matter what your personal political preferences.

Dayton, yes, Pawlenty, yes, Ventura, no, Carlson, no, Perpich, no, Anderson, yes. Prior to that, I'm guessing mostly no. 8)
There were some talented hockey-playing Perpiches to come out of Hibbing, who I presume were of some relation to the governor. No idea if he played or not, though.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Former State Rep. and gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer played. Played in college hockey (Fairbanks I believe). He now coaches.

8)
Last edited by PuckU126 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Puck
LGW
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

karl(east) wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote:

There were some talented hockey-playing Perpiches to come out of Hibbing, who I presume were of some relation to the governor. No idea if he played or not, though.
A lot of cousins and their children. 8)
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

PuckU126 wrote:Former State Rep. and Gov. Elect Tom Emmer played. Played in college hockey (Fairbanks I believe). He now coaches.

8)
Don't see how this fits with the thread. He was never governor.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

It's not limited to just governors.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

PuckU126 wrote:Former State Rep. and Gov. Elect Tom Emmer played. Played in college hockey (Fairbanks I believe). He now coaches.

8)
You mean gubernatorial candidate. He was never Governer Elect.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

The Exiled One wrote:

8)
You mean gubernatorial candidate. ...
Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks for the correction.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

hockeydad wrote:

8)
Don't see how this fits with the thread. He was never governor.
Something to add to it since there is a limited number of governors that actually did play, dad.

Name us some more governors if its so important. :P

8)
The Puck
LGW