MSHSL Ticket Procedure

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

edinahornet2004

MSHSL Ticket Procedure

Post by edinahornet2004 »

Does anyone know why they don't use Ticketmaster for the state tournament? The line for tickets gets pretty long and it's like they change the rules every year. Only 1 ticket person at the window when you used to be able to buy multiples. Why can't they just do it through Ticketmaster? I was with a family tonight at the game and they brought there 2 year old son and he even got charged $11 for a ticket. I mean he is 2, it's like come on. I am guessing the state high school league might just be making to much money of the Tournament. Just kind of sucks having to wait in a line . It's like why doesn't the league have the have technology in place to sell single game tickets online? I mean I know there is stub hub and all those other ticket sites they sell are way over face value. Plus all the scalpers obviously. I wish it was like the section tournaments where it is general admission and they just tell each teams fans where to sit in what sections. Anyone think they will ever change how they do this? What are your thoughts?
wingnuts

Re: MSHSL Ticket Procedure

Post by wingnuts »

edinahornet2004 wrote:Does anyone know why they don't use Ticketmaster for the state tournament? The line for tickets gets pretty long and it's like they change the rules every year. Only 1 ticket person at the window when you used to be able to buy multiples. Why can't they just do it through Ticketmaster? I was with a family tonight at the game and they brought there 2 year old son and he even got charged $11 for a ticket. I mean he is 2, it's like come on. I am guessing the state high school league might just be making to much money of the Tournament. Just kind of sucks having to wait in a line . It's like why doesn't the league have the have technology in place to sell single game tickets online? I mean I know there is stub hub and all those other ticket sites they sell are way over face value. Plus all the scalpers obviously. I wish it was like the section tournaments where it is general admission and they just tell each teams fans where to sit in what sections. Anyone think they will ever change how they do this? What are your thoughts?
I think you should except it and move on. There are way more things to complain about. Plus if you don't want to pay for your 2 year old, then get a babysitter. The 2 year old shouldn't be going to begin with.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I got in line Friday evening at 5:40. It was the longest line I've ever been in at the tournament, easily. I barely stood still at all, we were moving almost the entire time. We easily made it into the building in time for the first face-off. There were several ushers watching the line. They were very polite, courteous, and professional. They kept an eye out for those groups of 4/5 kids who tried to cut in line. It's an amazing operation, and I'm grateful I don't have to pay Ticketscamster $6.95 in additional fees for each ticket.

I would like to see them go back to two tickets per person. It's really naive to think that scalpers are going to wait in line for two upper level seats or standing room, then go out on Kellogg and sell them. That way, Mom and one kid could get dropped off and get in line while Dad and the other kid could park the mini van. Or I could get two while my old man could sit somewhere. Seems like a decent way to treat a Navy veteran.
ShootNScore88

Post by ShootNScore88 »

You didn't need to buy a ticket for your 2 year old. Non-school aged children are free. There is a sign right by the ticket window stating this.
easton18

Post by easton18 »

I think the general admission idea will never happen given the number of people who have had season tickets for many years and have had to wait it out to get in the lower level (or club level, etc.). Call it selfishness but that's the way it is, and it's pretty tough to argue against the cash flow from a business perspective: take the money up front in October and mail tickets in February, cash for the MSHSL 6 months earlier. I feel like a fair number of people wouldn't bother to renew their season tickets if they knew they were general admission and would have to show up super early to every session. The attractiveness of season tickets for the buyers is they get the same seat every night guaranteed, and can show up whenever you want, while the MSHSL sells those tickets in October before the season even starts, regardless of what teams are in the tournament. As for why they don't sell tickets online through Ticketmaster or another site is beyond me. I agree that the process could be more efficient than having a line running out of the Xcel lobby and through the RiverCentre concourse...
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

With the whole process when they only sell at Xcel one hour before the session, they may be trying to avoid mass ticket sales for scalping...
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

It would be pretty hard to put the tickets that are sold one hour prior to the start of the game on Ticketmaster. Those tickets are the ones returned that went unsold at the schools and they don't know what those are until them get them back pretty much the same day. Besides who wants to get ripped off by the Ticketmaster charges?
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I still like that people can walk up & buy tickets & go to an event if they really want to.

I do think they should maybe go to an online/ticketmaster solution for the Class A. Perhaps I'm being a snob, but I'd gladly pay a $6 charge & get my ticket right away & go to the Expo instead of waiting in line for that long.

I do wish they made the seat selection process or changes a bit easier & more technically advanced. I don't see a reason why change in seats should be a written request of a description of what you're looking for & they either give it to you or not without a right of refusal. The technology is there to make the seat selection process online. For Gopher hockey, they literally have every single seat listed & you know what you select and if you want to upgrade, you're given the options available & you can choose not to switch if you don't like what the options are.