Duluth Easts Future

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Three of the top four highschool teams were in the Bantam AA semis. I would guess East will be just fine. SMA will be a force in 7AA. I didn't see Hill's Bantam team anywhere !! :roll:
MrBoDangles

Re: East

Post by MrBoDangles »

wannagototherink wrote:
allstatebenders wrote:
blueblood wrote:How many of the current bantam A's will play for Duluth East versus other schools in the Duluth area?
Majority will be with Duluth East. A few of the good players go to Marshall though.
I think you may see this trend stop at least as long as they are in the same section as Hermantown. They may compete against those small range schools but Hermantown's program is growing and will be good for the foreseeable future. This is just my opinion but I think that hurts the Toppers and the defections will start to end.
Agree
Hermmunster58

Post by Hermmunster58 »

I don't see why Randolph wouldn't be back for the 2013-14 season. DE will be solid once again. Their bantan A teams were very strong the past two years and had a few sophs get a taste of varsity and contribute this season. Consistency at goalie may be the only question.
In 7AA next year, I see Elk River as the front runner with a very solid group coming back including in goal. DE should battle ER for the #1 seed. Other teams in 7AA that could mak an impact will be Forest Lake and Grand Rapids. FL has some strong returners who can score but their depth will be a big question mark. GR loses a lot to graduation however they have always had a strong youth program, always seem to reload each year and some stellar players returning. Cloquet will be a wild card, bantans were weak but their jv appeared very solid. It will be fun to watch what type of team takes the ice net season. Andover will be a non-issue, loses a slew to graduation from a team that could have been the biggest disappointment in AA this past year. Their bantams seemed weak this season and there was no noticable help from anyone from their state bantam team a year ago which has to be even more disappointing. They will be solid between the posts but the cupboard is bare in front of him.
allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders »

Hermmunster58 wrote:I don't see why Randolph wouldn't be back for the 2013-14 season. DE will be solid once again. Their bantan A teams were very strong the past two years and had a few sophs get a taste of varsity and contribute this season. Consistency at goalie may be the only question.
In 7AA next year, I see Elk River as the front runner with a very solid group coming back including in goal. DE should battle ER for the #1 seed. Other teams in 7AA that could mak an impact will be Forest Lake and Grand Rapids. FL has some strong returners who can score but their depth will be a big question mark. GR loses a lot to graduation however they have always had a strong youth program, always seem to reload each year and some stellar players returning. Cloquet will be a wild card, bantans were weak but their jv appeared very solid. It will be fun to watch what type of team takes the ice net season. Andover will be a non-issue, loses a slew to graduation from a team that could have been the biggest disappointment in AA this past year. Their bantams seemed weak this season and there was no noticable help from
anyone from their state bantam team a year ago which has to be even more disappointing. They will be solid between the posts but the cupboard is bare in front of him.
Randolph will be back for sure at least one more year. That is confirmed. There is one year left he has to do for teaching 4th grade, (you have to teach to coach) and then he can decide whether he wants to leave or not. DE will be solid with Gunnar Howg in net. He played very well in JV last year, we will see how he transitions into Varisty. But with both Bantam AA and PeeWee AA going far in state (with Bantam AA in the ship) DE's future is very bright and they are the favorite next year in 7AA.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Just a side note, but I was looking at the Bulldogs schedule for next year and the weekend of Semi-Final Saturday the dogs are playing at Amsoil vs. North Dakota. That will make for a great weekend of hockey, and my bet is the same 4 teams as this season will be at the semi's next year.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders »

East got beaten by Edina in 2ot on a PP goal today for the bantam AA championship.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

allstatebenders wrote:East got beaten by Edina in 2ot on a PP goal today for the bantam AA championship.
I attended the game...great game...DE led 3-2 with 3:02 remaining in the 3rd period. Edina pulled their goalie with just over a minute remaining. There was a face-off in the DE zone with less than 1 minute to go...Edina scored with about 35 seconds remaining in the 3rd to tie it 3-3. Final shots were like Edina 56 DE 29. DE goalie played extremely well and entire DE team played very well. DE had a couple good scoring chances in OT...Edina had about 10 good scoring chances in OT before winning.

Penalty called on DE player during 2nd OT was called for hooking an Edina player rushing through the neutral zone into the DE zone...a tough call against DE (as it was not like the hooked player was on a clean breakaway). Not saying a hook didn't occur, but refs often let that call go in double OT. Obviously a heat-breaking lose for the Hounds.

Still, for a team not even ranked as a LPH top 20 team 3 weeks ago...a team not expected to advance to State by many people (myself included) 3 weeks ago..what a dramatic late season run...Coach Pitosia, his assistant caoches and the DE players should be congratulated!!! They earned 2nd place in Bantam AA State...quite an accomplishment.

CONGRATUATIONS also to Edina...they refused to lose...and found a way to pull it out...and win ANOTHER State Title.