2013/2014 coach openings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ndirishfighting

2013/2014 coach openings

Post by ndirishfighting »

besides Maple Grove and possibly Cloquet any other openings as of yet?
As far as boys
They’re kids NOT PROFESSIONALS
It’s just a game!
IMHO

Post by IMHO »

Heard there 'may' be trouble in Tonka too. Something about a lawsuit. Obviously there will never be any details on that one. Too bad if true. Urick is an awesome coach.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Hibbing/Chisholm position is open.
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

rainier wrote:Hibbing/Chisholm position is open.
Sounds like it's pretty cutthroat over there. May as well just let all the parents be Co head coaches. :wink:
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
thebluemamba

Post by thebluemamba »

This one really interests me since Clayfton, who looked to be the for sure replacement, resigned
rainier

Post by rainier »

pipersniper12 wrote:
Sounds like it's pretty cutthroat over there. May as well just let all the parents be Co head coaches. :wink:
I had heard a rumor of a HS-youth hockey fallout, but I don't know any specifics, so I can't tell you if it was true or not.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

I've heard rumors, but is that official?
rainier

Post by rainier »

ShakestheClown wrote:
I've heard rumors, but is that official?
DeCenzo's son posted a long Twitter message about his Dad retiring, but I don't know if papers have been signed or whatever.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

IMHO wrote:Heard there 'may' be trouble in Tonka too. Something about a lawsuit. Obviously there will never be any details on that one. Too bad if true. Urick is an awesome coach.
If I was in this school district & I had to watch my most hated rival win 11 titles while my schools best is a runner-up finish to one of those 11 champions, I'd file a lawsuit too! :lol:
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

This is right up NDirishfightings alley!! Here's your chance for the big leagues!
ndirishfighting

well since I already coached hs hockey & am in south bend.
you can have it smart a**, since you seem to know everything
It’s just a game!
allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders »

Randolph is coaching one last year, but after that that's a big coaching job to fill.
blindref

Post by blindref »

Dylan Mills at DE?
allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders »

blindref wrote:Dylan Mills at DE?
That's my best guess.
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

ndirishfighting wrote:well since I already coached hs hockey & am in south bend.
you can have it smart a**, since you seem to know everything
B team doesn't count
BP

Post by BP »

Sad trend that there will be a lot of coaching jobs open because parents are bullying these guys out.....sad state of affairs right now.
ndirishfighting

Damn, why not? thats too bad I never coached a B team
so if you think you know who I am or thought you knew who I was your wrong
It’s just a game!
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

IMHO wrote:Heard there 'may' be trouble in Tonka too. Something about a lawsuit. Obviously there will never be any details on that one. Too bad if true. Urick is an awesome coach.
Haha

Not true.
dusterbender

Post by dusterbender »

Perhaps I am completely lost and out of the loop but a buddy of mine ran into this. What is the story tater fans? I hadn't heard much but if someone could get me caught up I'd appreciate it.

http://www1.stcloudstate.edu/joblisting ... rSort=Date

:shock: :oops:
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

dusterbender wrote:Perhaps I am completely lost and out of the loop but a buddy of mine ran into this. What is the story tater fans? I hadn't heard much but if someone could get me caught up I'd appreciate it.

http://www1.stcloudstate.edu/joblisting ... rSort=Date

:shock: :oops:
Rather than go through a search last spring, Cullen was hired with the "interim" tag for 12/13. AD stated they would re-evaluate this March, which includes posting the position for a permanent replacement. Would be shocked if they choose to make a change. 8)
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

Apple Valley is open in the SSC. Jerry Hayes retired after 17 seasons. Good coach, 1 state tourney appearance and 7 section final appearances. Great teams in '01 and '05 that were upset in sections. His '11 team was another good squad with AJ Michaelson and Hudson Fasching. He developed a fair amount of talent with guys like David Fischer, Dan Sexton, etc... Best wishes to Coach Hayes!

http://www.district196.org/District/Emp ... Activities
spudlover

Post by spudlover »

Things are not what they may seem in Spud country-Many feel that Cullen is not the answer and are seeking a change. Outsiders may think he did a great job because the Spuds made the state tourney, but I feel they made it in spite of him, very weak section this past year and a lousy record vs top teams- hope he is removed and the Spuds get someone with experience.
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

spudlover you are obviously not a spud lover or have any clue what you are talking about. The complete lack of talent on the team has far more to do with their lack of success during the regular season then the head coach. This group of kids, led by a fine coaching staff, overachieved at the end of the year in order to finish as well as they did. The only people that think they made the state tourney in spite of him are the few parents who's little johnny didn't get enough ice time or credit for all the assists he should have.

If Coach Cullen were not hired for this job next year it would be a complete slap in the face to the coaching profession.
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

The Bear wrote:spudlover you are obviously not a spud lover or have any clue what you are talking about. The complete lack of talent on the team has far more to do with their lack of success during the regular season then the head coach. This group of kids, led by a fine coaching staff, overachieved at the end of the year in order to finish as well as they did. The only people that think they made the state tourney in spite of him are the few parents who's little johnny didn't get enough ice time or credit for all the assists he should have.

If Coach Cullen were not hired for this job next year it would be a complete slap in the face to the coaching profession.
Couldn't agree more! Every coach is going to have those few parents/players who dislike them because they think they are owed something. Moorhead team and coaching staff was smart by playing those teams in the regular season. If Brainerd would have played that competition throughout the year, they would have lost just as many games, but they would have been more prepared for playoffs
spudlover

Post by spudlover »

Well Bear..Oh yes im a spudlover-I never hammered any of the players on the team like you just did-on the contrary there was a lot of talent on the team, not top 5 in the state talent, but enough to make it to state coming from a down section this year. You clearly are not a fan with a criticism like that. My comments were on the coach only-I have known these kids for years and they are a great bunch of young men. And I do have a player on the team who played every game so I do know what I'm talking about-and its my opinion and many others as well. Far too often when anybody doesn't like the coach, clueless people like you claim its disgruntled parents who are mad about johnnys playing time but that isn't always the case. And wow!-a complete slap in the face to the coaching profession? He had 1 yr coaching experience before this season so hardly a pro. You must drink beer with him or you must be a paid advocate.

And it was great playing the competition we did-we have for many years-was just stating that we didn't do well this year against the top teams and a good coach could have overcome SOME of those loses-and I agree that Brainerd would have been much more prepared if they had a tougher schedule. So the current coaching staff had nothing to do with our current schedule-we have played those top teams for years and years. Terry Cullen got that started a long time ago.