School's represented most on Ted Brill & MN U18 teams @

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Wallyworld

School's represented most on Ted Brill & MN U18 teams @

Post by Wallyworld »

School's represented most on the Ted Brill & MN U18's teams @ CCM

Though I realize a number of top kids skipped either the Ted Brill or HP18's, I still thought it was enlightening to look at total kids from various schools that will be competing on one of the two teams in the CCM NIT later this month...

Of course they were lead by my Pioneers (yes admitting bias) with 4 players in Zach Lavalle & Sam Becker from Sr's and Willie Brown & Tyler Funk from U18's. It's surprising that John Dugas, the runner up for top SR G didn't make the Brill cut..

Next, were four schools with 3 players selected including STA (all on SR's team) along with Duluth East (Toscano was a bit of a surprise to me), Blaine (all 3 on U18 team including Tyler Cline), and Hermantown (all 3 on the Sr team including Jake Zelz. & C. Benson)..

Other non-power schools to have a couple of kids selected include Brainerd (both on U18's- Pohlkamp & L. Rivard).

As far as MIA, Benilde did have 2 kids but for such a power??.... Also Tonka had 1 player selected while Edina had 0 despite a couple of their leaders playing in the Brill (Jordhal & Brauer- who was 2nd in Elite League pts. last fall), Wayzata was noticeably absent though a lot of their talent is young, apart from J Wahl. Eagan is another school not represented..

The biggest surprise for me was that of the 4 schools with 3 players selected, only Duluth East had players on each of the two teams (Hill's 4 players were split 2&2).... Hermantown had all 3 of their kids on the SR's team as did STA while Blaine had all 3 of their kids on the U18's team........ STA with 3 on the Sr's but no one on the U18's team, what about all that depth??.. (again I realize not every player participated so we can skip that rebuttal)..

Just an FYI for those of us still going through withdrawals from all the action of the past HS season....

'
bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 »

Dugas was injured with a pulled groin so did not play the entire weekend which was a bummer for him I'm sure.
Brauer was a surprise not making the selection, as for him, are there plans for him to play Jrs?? He played well with the Lourdes boys on his line in the Elite league to end up 2nd in scoring.
almostashappy

Re: School's represented most on Ted Brill & MN U18 team

Post by almostashappy »

Wallyworld wrote: The biggest surprise for me was that of the 4 schools with 3 players selected, only Duluth East had players on each of the two teams (Hill's 4 players were split 2&2).... Hermantown had all 3 of their kids on the SR's team as did STA while Blaine had all 3 of their kids on the U18's team........ STA with 3 on the Sr's but no one on the U18's team, what about all that depth??.. (again I realize not every player participated so we can skip that rebuttal)..
'
If you are wondering about depth, might need to remember that the U18 program is designed for the small fraction of 2014 grads who are too old to tryout for Reebok HP 17's. Looking at the U18 roster probably tells you more about the geographic distribution of red-shirted kindergartners than anything else.