Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lowstickside

HP 17 Rosters

Post by Lowstickside »

Same stuff every year.....

Last year, a player from out east, who played Canadian MJ, and gave up a scholarship, obviously, was picked for the European team, and played. Did he go thru the tryout process? No.

You WILL see kids make the trip to NY and possibly to the World tournament team who will be cut after the Final 54 tournament here in MN.
Thought they were done, but there they are again.

Kids are spirited thru the final 54's and already have been told they will be going to the National camp in NY. Participate in the process, your going to NY and maybe further.

MSHSL does not require membership in USA Hockey to participate, so why are H.S. coaches and all of their political baggage allowed to participate in the process to such a large degree. They should be picking up pucks while the USA Hockey representatives make the decisions.
Mailman

Re: HP 17 Rosters

Post by Mailman »

Lowstickside wrote:Same stuff every year.....

Last year, a player from out east, who played Canadian MJ, and gave up a scholarship, obviously, was picked for the European team, and played. Did he go thru the tryout process? No.

You WILL see kids make the trip to NY and possibly to the World tournament team who will be cut after the Final 54 tournament here in MN.
Thought they were done, but there they are again.

Kids are spirited thru the final 54's and already have been told they will be going to the National camp in NY. Participate in the process, your going to NY and maybe further.

MSHSL does not require membership in USA Hockey to participate, so why are H.S. coaches and all of their political baggage allowed to participate in the process to such a large degree. They should be picking up pucks while the USA Hockey representatives make the decisions.
What is the process to make the European team in terms of tryouts ?
May be apples to oranges vs. Minnesota hs process.

In terms of MSHSL not requiring membership in USA hockey to participate, doesn't a kid have to register, at some point, with USA hockey to attend ?
Lowstickside

Post by Lowstickside »

In terms of MSHSL not requiring membership in USA hockey to participate, doesn't a kid have to register, at some point, with USA hockey to attend ?
Kids get to the final 54 weekend and a team of about 20 is picked from that to travel to NY and participate on teams from all of the other states. Once there, all the kids are mixed in with the other players, teams are formed, and games are played as a tryout process. Fairly similar to MN process.

Kids have to be registered with USA Hockey for the selects process, but not to play HS hockey. Why would this process be put in the hands of non USA Hockey members? Are their goals the same as USA Hockey. Not always.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Lowstickside wrote:

Kids get to the final 54 weekend and a team of about 20 is picked from that to travel to NY and participate on teams from all of the other states. Once there, all the kids are mixed in with the other players, teams are formed, and games are played as a tryout process. Fairly similar to MN process.
Thanks, but I think I confused you. The kid made the *European* team; obviously, that team's picks don't affect any Mn hs kid, or am I missing something ?
For that matter, was the kid even hs age ?
Kids have to be registered with USA Hockey for the selects process, but not to play HS hockey. Why would this process be put in the hands of non USA Hockey members? Are their goals the same as USA Hockey. Not always.
Hmmm.......I thought kids had to register with USA before the hs season started each year ?
Lowstickside

HP 17

Post by Lowstickside »

1. Saw some debate regarding Canadian MJ kids and the USA Hockey Selects process and just pointed out the player on last years "tournament" roster and his circumstances. He is now 18 and will be a likely 1st round pick this spring. Did he take a MN kids spot? We will never know, but he took a spot from someone.

2. I don't think you have to join USA Hockey to play MSHSL Hockey, but yes, after or before the season, to participate in the Selects process, or to play in some Tier 1 AAA tournaments, a player will need to register.
RRubberbeeskit

Re: HP 17

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

Lowstickside wrote:1. Saw some debate regarding Canadian MJ kids and the USA Hockey Selects process and just pointed out the player on last years "tournament" roster and his circumstances. He is now 18 and will be a likely 1st round pick this spring. Did he take a MN kids spot? We will never know, but he took a spot from someone.

2. I don't think you have to join USA Hockey to play MSHSL Hockey, but yes, after or before the season, to participate in the Selects process, or to play in some Tier 1 AAA tournaments, a player will need to register.
A player must be registered with USAH to play in any USA Hockey sanctioned event.
MSHSL is the sanctioning body for MN High School Athletics only and has no direct affiliation with USA Hockey that I know of. I am not sure where the coaches recommendation to tryout comes from unless USAH has permission from the MSHSL allowing the coaches to suggest trying out to a player.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Section 4

Zach Weier STA
Jake Dittel WBL
Seamus Donohue STA
Mitch Reinke Stillwater
Dusty Krueger H-M
Devin Cates Stillwater
Zach Ledman Tartan
Drew Blackmun SPA
Brandon Richards Spring Lake Park
Mitch Slattery H-M
Jake Wahlin WBL
Tyler Nowak H-M
Tommy Giller WBL
Carter Roo Totino
Kai Barber Totino
Jack Daugherty STA
Davis Zarembinski H-M
Austin Welch WBL
Gabe Splichal Tartan
Chase Gorman WBL
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Well, with Nanne, Walker, and now Dougherty, there are three d spots taken from the 54's/National camp.

If I was a hs d-man this spring, I wouldn't be to excited about my odds :P
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Have a great time in Canada!! We'll see you in a couple years when you get to play for your old high school's section team!!

Somebody please explain to me how the floodgates won't open..?...?..

Is this the Minnesota Hockey that allowed this, the same as the one that allowed Pauly to exterminate a kid for going there? ](*,)
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

MrBoDangles wrote:Have a great time in Canada!! We'll see you in a couple years when you get to play for your old high school's section team!!

Is this the Minnesota Hockey that allowed this, the same as the one that allowed Pauly to exterminate a kid for going there? ](*,)
It's all good - as long as we get the best team. Rules and policies be damned. Anyone who hasn't figured out that the 15s/16s/17s programs are a complete money grab isn't paying attention.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

Bluewhitefan wrote:It's all good - as long as we get the best team. Rules and policies be damned. Anyone who hasn't figured out that the 15s/16s/17s programs are a complete money grab isn't paying attention.
Hmm

8 Sections - yeah know 15s are districts which there are 12
3 Levels 15/16/17 oh and U18s 3.5 Levels
$80 for tryouts
50 kids per section

8 x 3 x $80 x 50 = $96,000 just for 4 hours of tryouts!

Tryout hours 8 x 3 x 4hrs = 96 hours

$1.000 an hour

Ice time $200 an hour

Coaches 4 @50 $200 an hour

Other cost $100 an hour

Profit $500 per hour, I'll do it!
394 West

Post by 394 West »

MrBoDangles wrote:Have a great time in Canada!! We'll see you in a couple years when you get to play for your old high school's section team!!

What does the deal with Baer have to do with anything related to this topic?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

17's Section 6 A/AA

58 Andres Aguilar Eden Prairie 10
57 Brady Schoo Eden Prairie 10
15 Dylan Woolf Holy Family 11
14 Chandler Lindstrand Wayzata 11
18 Adam Evenson Fergus Falls 11
56 Christian Canavati Alexandria 10
7 John Peterson F Holy Family 10
53 Nathan Dingmann Wayzata 10
51 Josh Laven F Hopkins 10
49 Riley ArgetsingerEden Prairie 10
13 Jack Keeley F Eden Prairie 11
45 Spencer Zwiener Sartell 10
8 Chad Olson Wayzata 11
6 Ryan Kimbrel Hopkins 11
5 Joseph Marooney Holy Family 11
4 Evan Fleming Benilde St. Margarets 11
10 Colton Schmidt Eden Prairie 11
55 Samuel McNeil Minnetonka 10
66 Jake Kielly G Eden Prairie 10
65 Sam Dalton G Hopkins 11
buttend

Post by buttend »

394 West wrote:

Since JW plays hockey and goes to school in Canada but his parents live in Edina he tryouts in Sect 2!

Alec Baer played at BSM signed up to play in Vancouver and his parents live in SLP., I guess Alec should have tried out in Sect 2 as well!
394 West

Post by 394 West »

buttend wrote:
394 West wrote:

Since JW plays hockey and goes to school in Canada but his parents live in Edina he tryouts in Sect 2!

Alec Baer played at BSM signed up to play in Vancouver and his parents live in SLP., I guess Alec should have tried out in Sect 2 as well!
Let me restate. What does a HS coaches decision have to do with the HP 17's?
observer

Post by observer »

Let me restate. What does a HS coaches decision have to do with the HP 17's?
I think there's curiosity because it seems Coach Giles may have submitted Tyler's name but Coach Pauley may not have submitted Alec's.

It is a Minnesota Hockey process to identify the best Minnesota players for USA Hockey but does seem like some unusual moves.
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

Nice having options sign up or don't !!!!!! leave it at that!
Last edited by Tuuk2score on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

RUKidding wrote:ONLY QUESTION...
How did Jack Walker make it back into the mix???

Boys 17 Section 2A-2AA (ORANGE)
FIRST LAST POS. SCHOOL
2 Will LeNeave D Orono Varsity
15 Tyler Nanne D Edina Varsity
17 Dylan Weigel D Burnsville Varsity
38 Ryan Gazich D Holy Angels Varsity
40 Tyler Lindstrom D Breck Varsity
41 Jack Walker D Edina

6 Michael Orke F Breck Varsity
9 Parker Mismash F Edina JV
18 Mark Lyman F Blake Varsity
19 Gavin Payne F Orono Varsity
21 Dylan Malmquist F Edina Varsity
23 Jack Murphy F Prior Lake Varsity
24 Mark Sharp F Breck Varsity
31 Joey Luedtke F Orono Varsity
33 Miguel Fidler F Edina Varsity
34 Cole Borchardt F Burnsville Varsity
46 Cullen Munson F Edina Varsity
47 Anthony Rikberg F Burnsville Varsity
64 Dyllan Lubesmyr G Burnsville JV
66 Erik Anderson G Chanhassen Varsity
RUkidding: Thanks for the Sec.2 posting and posing the interesting JW question. It has made this a very interesting thread. It raises more questions about USA hockey and MSHL hockey.I guess most any coach can recommend trying out for Reebok HP as long as the player is of NTDP caliber. I would be surprised if JW s canadian coach recommended him to tryout.
Superstar and Pioneer thanks for posting Sec. 6 and 4 rosters.
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

CasseauCougar wrote:
preferhockey wrote:Definitely not right, why would MN hockey allow this? Players for tryouts per MN hockey are nominated by HS coach.
I know if I was a defenseman from Edina, let alone Section 2, I'd be pretty PO'd. Wonder what Giles thinks of it. BTW, wonder how that 'growth spurt' is coming?

:roll:
The only other defenseman from Edina did tryout and made it !! What's your point!
Ugottobekiddingme

Post by Ugottobekiddingme »

Tuuk2score wrote:
CasseauCougar wrote:
preferhockey wrote:Definitely not right, why would MN hockey allow this? Players for tryouts per MN hockey are nominated by HS coach.
I know if I was a defenseman from Edina, let alone Section 2, I'd be pretty PO'd. Wonder what Giles thinks of it. BTW, wonder how that 'growth spurt' is coming?

The only other defenseman from Edina did tryout and made it !! What's your point!
!!I think his point was that if another defenseman from Section 2 was excluded!! They would be PO'ed!!!!!!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

394 West wrote:

What doesn't it have to do with it?

MSHSL should have no correlation with this program if they will ALLOW a kid to be kicked out for looking, but then ACCEPT another back in with open arms.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

pioneers wrote:Section 4

Zach Weier STA
Jake Dittel WBL
Seamus Donohue STA
Mitch Reinke Stillwater
Dusty Krueger H-M
Devin Cates Stillwater
Zach Ledman Tartan
Drew Blackmun SPA
Brandon Richards Spring Lake Park
Mitch Slattery H-M
Jake Wahlin WBL
Tyler Nowak H-M
Tommy Giller WBL
Carter Roo Totino
Kai Barber Totino
Jack Daugherty STA
Davis Zarembinski H-M
Austin Welch WBL
Gabe Splichal Tartan
Chase Gorman WBL
Sweet. 6 WBL youth hockey players. There is hope for the future. (New coaches for Football, Baseball, and ........ :wink: )
394 West

Post by 394 West »

MrBoDangles wrote:
394 West wrote:

What doesn't it have to do with it?

MSHSL should have no correlation with this program if they will ALLOW a kid to be kicked out for looking, but then ACCEPT another back in with open arms.
I dont believe MSHL has any control for why someone gets kicked off a team when they go directly against what a coach tells them.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

Ugottobekiddingme wrote:
Tuuk2score wrote:
CasseauCougar wrote: I know if I was a defenseman from Edina, let alone Section 2, I'd be pretty PO'd. Wonder what Giles thinks of it. BTW, wonder how that 'growth spurt' is coming?

!!I think his point was that if another defenseman from Section 2 was excluded!! They would be PO'ed!!!!!!
Actually, that's part of my point. The other is that a kid that bailed on Giles made the section team anyway.
WCHBlog

Post by WCHBlog »

So is the argument in this thread that the system is too political and the best kids don't make it through, or that certain kids shouldn't make it through because they chose to play for the "wrong" team? Because those two ideas would seem to be mutually exclusive.