Cloquet School Board Retains Esse

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

Cloquet School Board Retains Esse

Post by karl(east) »

...by a vote of 3-1. Though I doubt we've heard the last of this, as both sides had lawyers lined up even before tonight's proceedings.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Has Lee ever locked a thread started by Karl? :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Bonehead wrote:Has Lee ever locked a thread started by Karl? :lol:
:lol:

I think so, but I asked his permission first. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:

Lee
Yeah, I think that happened fairly recently. And it could certainly happen again, if this one goes the way of the last one, and if I don't beat him to the 'lock' button. :wink:

It seemed like a development worth mentioning, though.
kniven

Re: Cloquet School Board Retains Esse

Post by kniven »

karl(east) wrote:...by a vote of 3-1. Though I doubt we've heard the last of this, as both sides had lawyers lined up even before tonight's proceedings.
http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S29 ... ?cat=10347
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

That is good. [for the jacks] Not FL> :wink:
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

I'd be surprised if the name Michaud (or Ketola) appears on the Cloquet roster next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the parents pull the kids from the program, which would be a shame. The mom claims district officials never interviewed her sons. As an outside observer, I have to wonder of her sons are allowed to have their own opinion on this matter, or if Mommy and Daddy are driving the bus. Hopefully the program can move on from this, but judging by the article this issue isn't going away with last nights decision.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

karl(east) wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Yeah, I think that happened fairly recently. And it could certainly happen again, if this one goes the way of the last one, and if I don't beat him to the 'lock' button. :wink:

It seemed like a development worth mentioning, though.
Definitely worth mentioning! And thanks to Kniven for the article. Sounds like a short leash for Esse. Hope he can adjust to politically correct coaching.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Lumberjack wrote:I'd be surprised if the name Michaud (or Ketola) appears on the Cloquet roster next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the parents pull the kids from the program, which would be a shame. The mom claims district officials never interviewed her sons. As an outside observer, I have to wonder of her sons are allowed to have their own opinion on this matter, or if Mommy and Daddy are driving the bus. Hopefully the program can move on from this, but judging by the article this issue isn't going away with last nights decision.
I'd put my money on this.
Bulldog3489

Post by Bulldog3489 »

When the crazy video of the Rutgers basketball coach got on youtube, the coach, AD and school lawyer were fired. Every high schooler now carries around cell phones that can be hidden in pockets and hockey bags, so all coaches have to learn to control themselves or they won't be around too long. The internet is forever.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Bulldog3489 wrote:When the crazy video of the Rutgers basketball coach got on youtube, the coach, AD and school lawyer were fired. Every high schooler now carries around cell phones that can be hidden in pockets and hockey bags, so all coaches have to learn to control themselves or they won't be around too long. The internet is forever.
It's a no win situation; kids/parents think a coach screwed up, boom, stuff hits the fan.

Kids screw up somehow........still the coaches fault.
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

Good to see that Esse and his assistants will be back on the bench next year. This guy has put in hundreds of hours to build this program top to bottom.

There are parents and players who don't like their coaching staff in every sport, in every community, these things will happen, it's just too bad it had to go this far.

It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like next year, but hopefully everyone comes back as HS hockey in my opinion is the most fun hockey you will ever play. Good day for Cloquet Hockey!
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I can't believe a coach got mad and swore?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

mulefarm wrote:I can't believe a coach got mad and swore?
Amazing, isn't it?

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

I bet the kids swear more than the coach's.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

What is going on with my second favorite range squad?
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

thestickler07 wrote:What is going on with my second favorite range squad?
Range?
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

jacks85 wrote:Good to see that Esse and his assistants will be back on the bench next year. This guy has put in hundreds of hours to build this program top to bottom.

There are parents and players who don't like their coaching staff in every sport, in every community, these things will happen, it's just too bad it had to go this far.

It will be interesting to see what the roster looks like next year, but hopefully everyone comes back as HS hockey in my opinion is the most fun hockey you will ever play. Good day for Cloquet Hockey!
I understand the commitment and time that Coach Dave Esse has put into the program. Yet sometimes those who labor in the early stages don't always last to see the full benefit of what they built. I'm glad Coach Dave Esse got a reprieve, but at some point change isn't always bad. 8)
jacks85

Post by jacks85 »

I agree, change sometimes isn't a bad thing, i just think the association would take a big turn in the wrong direction if they lost these coaches.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Rocketwrister wrote:
Range?
It's a geography problem some in the seven-county Metro have at times. :mrgreen:

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

east hockey wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:
Range?
It's a geography problem some in the seven-county Metro have at times. :mrgreen:

Lee
Haha come on now, let's not go down the who's range and who isn't rabbit hole.

I just want to know what the crisis with my #2 fav jackets is!

Who's got Rainier on speed dial?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

thestickler07 wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote: Range?

Lee

LumberJackets? :P

Strike two...
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

karl(east) wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:
east hockey wrote: It's a geography problem some in the seven-county Metro have at times. :mrgreen:

Lee

LumberJackets? :P

Strike two...
CEC damn and here I was thinking about my favorite school Hibbing the whole time! :lol:

Coaching drama home on the range just all runs together. :lol:
artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 »

Lumberjack wrote:I'd be surprised if the name Michaud (or Ketola) appears on the Cloquet roster next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the parents pull the kids from the program, which would be a shame. The mom claims district officials never interviewed her sons. As an outside observer, I have to wonder of her sons are allowed to have their own opinion on this matter, or if Mommy and Daddy are driving the bus. Hopefully the program can move on from this, but judging by the article this issue isn't going away with last nights decision.
To be fair, those kid(s) could be given the boot for their own happenings.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

mulefarm wrote:I can't believe a coach got mad and swore?
I think hitting a kid with a chair is a little more than mad and swearing.
Go Hounds.