NHL Combine Invitees

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

north_bear

NHL Combine Invitees

Post by north_bear »

A handful of Minnesotans have been invited to attend the NHL scouting combine in Toronto May 27th - June 1st. Congrats to Tommy Vannelli (Minnetonka), Connor Hurley (Edina), Teemu Kivihalme (Burnsville), Hudson Fasching (Apple Valley) & Avery Peterson (Grand Rapids). The top 79 players on the NHL's Central Scouting final ranking of N.A. skaters were invited. Good luck to them on impressing scouts as the NHL entry draft approaches.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=17733
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Granttenn

Conspiracy

Post by Granttenn »

Conspiracy - Now I know it goes all the way to the top..

The top 79 prospects are invited to combine.. Any idea who number 80 and 81 are - Hill Murray's Jake Guentzel is 80th and Blake Heinrich is 81st. Literally.. For them to both leave early last year and both happen to be one after the other in the ratings is coincidental enough but for the cutoff to be right at 79... Come.on.. It's the price Hill pays for greatness I guess..

Of course Hill should be a top 4 team going into the season again with the replacement for Dugas in place & already drafted by the USHL (Hometown listed as Hudson & he's a 6'2" 97').. Not to mention 3 other USHL draft choices (F's) who all should be returning (Anderson 98', Brown 95', & Slattery 96') plus F' Funk who recently made the MN U18 team and Josh French, who centered the 1st line for most of last year.. Sounds to me like they are loaded for Bear again..(Sorry WBL).... C'mon Defense, if they come around - a big if, this could be another year in the championship game..

-
Bluewhitefan

Re: Conspiracy

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Granttenn wrote:Conspiracy - Now I know it goes all the way to the top..

The top 79 prospects are invited to combine.. Any idea who number 80 and 81 are - Hill Murray's Jake Guentzel is 80th and Blake Heinrich is 81st. Literally.. For them to both leave early last year and both happen to be one after the other in the ratings is coincidental enough but for the cutoff to be right at 79... Come.on.. It's the price Hill pays for greatness I guess..

Of course Hill should be a top 4 team going into the season again with the replacement for Dugas in place & already drafted by the USHL (Hometown listed as Hudson & he's a 6'2" 97').. Not to mention 3 other USHL draft choices (F's) who all should be returning (Anderson 98', Brown 95', & Slattery 96') plus F' Funk who recently made the MN U18 team and Josh French, who centered the 1st line for most of last year.. Sounds to me like they are loaded for Bear again..(Sorry WBL).... C'mon Defense, if they come around - a big if, this could be another year in the championship game..

-
So sad that the HM kids are always getting overlooked. Please.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I didn't know Ken Pauly was involved in sending out invites to the NHL combine. That's what you get for skipping your senior year in MN I guess (or going to Vancouver for the weekend). A kid from HM being slighted, no less with the last name of Guentzel? That's funny. :lol:
Granttenn

Re: Conspiracy

Post by Granttenn »

Granttenn wrote:Conspiracy - Now I know it goes all the way to the top..

-

Just kidding of course. Guentzel already made a name for himself with USHL rookie of year so good to see players like Avery Peterson get a chance at the combine..

-
hockeyoldtimer

NHL combine

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Granttenn,
That is too bad about Geuntzel not getting invited. He is truly a talented player and has done well in the USHL.
I agree Hill will be very strong with Stattery, Anderson, Brown, and French. They should have another great year.
I would not count on the 6'2" USHL drafted goalie from Hudson though. If he is who I think he is he was 4th on the depth chart at St. Paul Academy last year and left for Omaha U16 where he was benched for inconsistent play. No Dugas for sure.
The rest of the team very solid and if they can find a good replacement for Dugas they will be hard to beat.