Transfers for '13-14?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Transfers for '13-14?

Post by BP »

Who and where are kids transferring to?
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Heard a couple Shattuck kids are returning to Minnesota High School hockey, I have nothing concrete but the same names keep popping up from multiple sources.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Any rumors since they are fair game on this bored? If a SSM name includes RP from the 16 team, I've heard he's staying put in Faribault.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

Better than a rumor has it Payne is leaving orono to tonka
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I've heard of several going to Hopkins.

What's that? This isn't a basketball forum? Sorry.
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

Slap shot: Hockey players transferring TO Hopkins would be a huge development. Youth players in the 1997-2000 birth years have been leaving Hopkins for Minnetinka or Tier 1 hockey. Please enlighten the forum of your knowledge. Thanks.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

(Misses the humor)

Don't worry Slapper, I follow ya'.
Be kind. Rewind.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

O-townClown wrote:(Misses the humor)

Don't worry Slapper, I follow ya'.
:)
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

Word on the street is Wayzata landed a pretty talented kid from Cleveland
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

[quote="MegaMan"]Word on the street is Wayzata landed a pretty talented kid from Cleveland[/quote]

Yes I sat next to him at the State tournament and talked to him about moving to Minnesota. They did not move to Minnesota for hockey but they moved for his dads job. However they did a lot of research on where to move to and chose Wayzata.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
MegaMan wrote:Word on the street is Wayzata landed a pretty talented kid from Cleveland
Yes I sat next to him at the State tournament and talked to him about moving to Minnesota. They did not move to Minnesota for hockey but they moved for his dads job. However they did a lot of research on where to move to and chose Wayzata.
I am sure he will do well on the Wayzata JV.
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

394 West wrote:
Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
MegaMan wrote:Word on the street is Wayzata landed a pretty talented kid from Cleveland
I am sure he will do well on the Wayzata JV.
Have you seen him play? Don't think he can make Varsity?
officehazard

Post by officehazard »

Have you seen him play? Don't think he can make Varsity?
He will be on the first line, the only question is whether he is F or D.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

I hope he likes to block shots and play boring hockey
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

And go to state :)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Tigers33 wrote:And go to state :)
Beat me to it. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

minnscout wrote:I hope he likes to block shots and play boring hockey
C'mon Minnscout. The West Coast BSM offense (bounce puck off glass/cross defensive zone passes to speeding Besse/Labosky combined with a five man forecheck) was effective against North Suburban opponents, you are independent now and no longer have Labosky/Besse. Kind of the equivalent of floating a kid at the far blue line at squirts - works at that level but not at higher levels.

With your kids in the Wayzata program, why no love for Wayzata? I actually was pretty impressed that they could take a team of average players and make it to state by playing a complete game of hockey. I could see where a kid would want to play there. Kudos to them.
394 West

Post by 394 West »

SWPrez wrote:
minnscout wrote:I hope he likes to block shots and play boring hockey
C'mon Minnscout. The West Coast BSM offense (bounce puck off glass/cross defensive zone passes to speeding Besse/Labosky combined with a five man forecheck) was effective against North Suburban opponents, you are independent now and no longer have Labosky/Besse. Kind of the equivalent of floating a kid at the far blue line at squirts - works at that level but not at higher levels.

With your kids in the Wayzata program, why no love for Wayzata? I actually was pretty impressed that they could take a team of average players and make it to state by playing a complete game of hockey. I could see where a kid would want to play there. Kudos to them.
Hmm that must be why BSM had a better regular season record this year as an independent than two years ago when they won state playing a north suburban conference. Their breakout is coached to move it up the ice passing and controlled. If anything they overworked that. This year Besse, Lobosky and Moore played great team D.

The reality is without Dingman Wayzata was a 500 team last year and likely does not get out of section 6. Check out the # of one goal games. Maybe Ahrens can pick up the slack. Wayzata should not think that the freshman and sophomore that ran most of their scoring will see their senior or maybe Jr year.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Do like to watch the wild or the penguins? I like to watch skill benildr will be fine next season without bessr and labosly
BP

Post by BP »

Looks like Roo to BSM. Anyone else out there transferring?
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

Hibbing kid that made it to New York is transferring to hermantown. I wonder if Plante was there with open arms, or told him to stay and play with his buddies? I guess we'll find out this winter??
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

If this is true, Plante better have told him to stay in Hibbing and make his team proud. If not, he is the biggest hypocrite in all of MN hockey. Remember all of his players have been born and raised in one zip code.
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

Hibbing kids parents have a 55811 zip code. Mom working in Duluth. Not sure of dad. Rumor has it he got passed on Hibbing coaching job so got hill out of there. At least his parents moved. I'll bet Roo plays varsity and parent don't move an inch. Just like last years situation.
rainier

Post by rainier »

HockeyBum wrote:Hibbing kids parents have a 55811 zip code. Mom working in Duluth. Not sure of dad. Rumor has it he got passed on Hibbing coaching job so got hill out of there. At least his parents moved. I'll bet Roo plays varsity and parent don't move an inch. Just like last years situation.
Heard same rumor. Too bad it ended in a transfer. The younger brother has also been a perennial MN Select, sad to see them leave Hibbing.

Not much Plante can do about this. Family moves into school district and these kids will be top players, can't keep them off the team. If this "breaks the seal" on kids moving into Hermantown for hockey and it increases, then staying in A becomes hard to defend, regardless of enrollment.
BP

Post by BP »

With all the kids going to Jr's, NDTP, and AAA, what are the transfers out there happening with school starting soon besides Roo to BSM and Payne to Minnetonka?