Transfers for '13-14?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Post by BP »

Now that school has started, any updates on transfers besides these?

1) Hibbing kid to Hermantown
2) Payne from Orono to Tonka
3) Roo from Totino to BSM

There has to be plenty more.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Sean Wendlandt to H-M Think he played AAA last year.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
stpaul

HM

Post by stpaul »

pioneers wrote:Sean Wendlandt to H-M Think he played AAA last year.
He is from Hudson. 9th grade at SPA. 10th grade at Omaha AAA. Sounds like he was already at HM this spring.
thespellchecker

Re: HM

Post by thespellchecker »

stpaul wrote:
pioneers wrote:Sean Wendlandt to H-M Think he played AAA last year.
He is from Hudson. 9th grade at SPA. 10th grade at Omaha AAA. Sounds like he was already at HM this spring.
Thus he will be eligible for varsity one year after he enrolled at Hill. Perhaps for the state trny if he enrolled 1 yr ago to the day
or before the post season rosters are due.
shakey

Post by shakey »

394 West wrote:
SWPrez wrote:
minnscout wrote:I hope he likes to block shots and play boring hockey
C'mon Minnscout. The West Coast BSM offense (bounce puck off glass/cross defensive zone passes to speeding Besse/Labosky combined with a five man forecheck) was effective against North Suburban opponents, you are independent now and no longer have Labosky/Besse. Kind of the equivalent of floating a kid at the far blue line at squirts - works at that level but not at higher levels.

With your kids in the Wayzata program, why no love for Wayzata? I actually was pretty impressed that they could take a team of average players and make it to state by playing a complete game of hockey. I could see where a kid would want to play there. Kudos to them.
Hmm that must be why BSM had a better regular season record this year as an independent than two years ago when they won state playing a north suburban conference. Their breakout is coached to move it up the ice passing and controlled. If anything they overworked that. This year Besse, Lobosky and Moore played great team D.

The reality is without Dingman Wayzata was a 500 team last year and likely does not get out of section 6. Check out the # of one goal games. Maybe Ahrens can pick up the slack. Wayzata should not think that the freshman and sophomore that ran most of their scoring will see their senior or maybe Jr year.
Labosky is showing his stellar defensive form in Tri-City. Ha!
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Lazy Scout wrote:If this is true, Plante better have told him to stay in Hibbing and make his team proud. If not, he is the biggest hypocrite in all of MN hockey. Remember all of his players have been born and raised in one zip code.
:-k
OTB987

Post by OTB987 »

Anyone have some player transfers that have not been mentioned yet?
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

OTB987 wrote:Anyone have some player transfers that have not been mentioned yet?
Burnsville has a name on their roster that I don't recognize. Havluj ?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
OTB987 wrote:Anyone have some player transfers that have not been mentioned yet?
Judging by a name like "Petr Havluj," you'd assume he's a foreign exchange student.

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact he can have.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

czech republic
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

karl(east) wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Judging by a name like "Petr Havluj," you'd assume he's a foreign exchange student.

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact he can have.
Reminds me of the story about a Czech player taking the NHL pre-draft physical. When he took the eyesight test they asked him if he could read the bottom line on the eye chart. He said, "Read it !? I used to play with the guy!"