Section 3A (2013-2014)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wooshlager
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by wooshlager » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:06 am

Rattled I wont be able to watch this game. Only one I wanted to see.

Deck Slide
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Deck Slide » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 pm

MrGoalieBoy wrote:Should be a fun week! If Meyer plays out of his mind, who knows what could happen! Although, after seeing Luverne's defense struggle early on, I'm a little worried about Hermantowns forecheck and Luverne handling it.. Would love to see another Cardinal victory.
Tough Draw.. Hermantown and EGF would be nice teams in the AA bracket.. Everyone wants to see how good Meyer is.. We will see because he will get tested probably more in one game than he has all year. Respect is earned and never given. If 3A wants to make a statement no better time to start than right now.

Scout14
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Scout14 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈

lefthanded_freak
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by lefthanded_freak » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Scout14 wrote:Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈
What do you mean?

notTONIGHT
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by notTONIGHT » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

lefthanded_freak wrote:
Scout14 wrote:Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈
What do you mean?
I think he is referring to the "coincidence" that the Hermantown coaching staff was in mankato for the Luverne/New Ulm tilt on thursday

BobSaget
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by BobSaget » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
lefthanded_freak wrote:
Scout14 wrote:Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈
What do you mean?
I think he is referring to the "coincidence" that the Hermantown coaching staff was in mankato for the Luverne/New Ulm tilt on thursday
I'd imagine they had scouts watching the 3A final and 5A final (probably more)...common sense indicated they had a pretty good chance (about 66.67%) they'd be playing one of those teams in the first round.

Bruce isn't scared to do a little team scouting...nor are many of the other coaches really.

Thehockeyplaya
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:31 am

Thursday

Post by Thehockeyplaya » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Hermantown had two coaches at the 5A final game on Thursday too.

whos_it
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Re: Thursday

Post by whos_it » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Thehockeyplaya wrote:Hermantown had two coaches at the 5A final game on Thursday too.
You are just killing the conspiracy theories .... knock it off ;)

HawkeyPower
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am

Post by HawkeyPower » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 pm

notTONIGHT wrote:
lefthanded_freak wrote:
Scout14 wrote:Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈
What do you mean?
I think he is referring to the "coincidence" that the Hermantown coaching staff was in mankato for the Luverne/New Ulm tilt on thursday
No coincidence. Hermantown sent Coaches to 3 different section final games on Thursday.

NLHockey
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by NLHockey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 pm

HawkeyPower wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
lefthanded_freak wrote:
Scout14 wrote:Why would the Hermantown coaches have such interest in watching the New Ulm / Luverne game on Thursday night?

These seeds aren't rigged are they?

Glowing minds will never know....🙈🙈🙈
What do you mean?
I think he is referring to the "coincidence" that the Hermantown coaching staff was in mankato for the Luverne/New Ulm tilt on thursday
No coincidence. Hermantown sent Coaches to 3 different section final games on Thursday.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by fastncrash » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

wooshlager wrote:Rattled I wont be able to watch this game. Only one I wanted to see.
You don't have a computer?... and $4.95?

prep45.com

wooshlager
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by wooshlager » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:15 pm

I have a comp and pre payed for tomorrows games on prep 45. Im out west so ill be able to watch for an hour before I have prior engagements I have to attend to Which means the lineups and about 5 min of gametime since they take so long. Will be able to watch the night games however. Just was excited to see the Cards in action for once. Hope they play well.

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by fastncrash » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

wooshlager wrote:I have a comp and pre payed for tomorrows games on prep 45. Im out west so ill be able to watch for an hour before I have prior engagements I have to attend to Which means the lineups and about 5 min of gametime since they take so long. Will be able to watch the night games however. Just was excited to see the Cards in action for once. Hope they play well.
In out East, and admittedly, I didn't read all the fine print... but aren't they archived for some time?

wooshlager
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by wooshlager » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:58 pm

fastncrash wrote:
wooshlager wrote:I have a comp and pre payed for tomorrows games on prep 45. Im out west so ill be able to watch for an hour before I have prior engagements I have to attend to Which means the lineups and about 5 min of gametime since they take so long. Will be able to watch the night games however. Just was excited to see the Cards in action for once. Hope they play well.
In out East, and admittedly, I didn't read all the fine print... but aren't they archived for some time?
No clue, went on for first time today... if they are that would be great, will have to stay off here and twitter so they don't ruin it for me.

Scout14
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Scout14 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 pm

wooshlager wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
wooshlager wrote:I have a comp and pre payed for tomorrows games on prep 45. Im out west so ill be able to watch for an hour before I have prior engagements I have to attend to Which means the lineups and about 5 min of gametime since they take so long. Will be able to watch the night games however. Just was excited to see the Cards in action for once. Hope they play well.
In out East, and admittedly, I didn't read all the fine print... but aren't they archived for some time?
No clue, went on for first time today... if they are that would be great, will have to stay off here and twitter so they don't ruin it for me.
Wooslager don't fail us now!!!

Come on big fella get on the cards bus!

ROLL CARDS ROLL!

wooshlager
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by wooshlager » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Scout14 wrote:
wooshlager wrote:
fastncrash wrote:
wooshlager wrote:I have a comp and pre payed for tomorrows games on prep 45. Im out west so ill be able to watch for an hour before I have prior engagements I have to attend to Which means the lineups and about 5 min of gametime since they take so long. Will be able to watch the night games however. Just was excited to see the Cards in action for once. Hope they play well.
In out East, and admittedly, I didn't read all the fine print... but aren't they archived for some time?
No clue, went on for first time today... if they are that would be great, will have to stay off here and twitter so they don't ruin it for me.
Wooslager don't fail us now!!!

Come on big fella get on the cards bus!

ROLL CARDS ROLL!

Ha bro I pretty much hopped on when trout picked them to finish 6th in the section this year. Anything to shut him up. That guy is a doofus.

Section 3A HockeyScout
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:22 am

I Hope today that Luverne plays hard and can stick with the Mighty Hermantown Hawks. My Brain says no way though. Hermantown is a different animal then anything the Cards have seen all season.

Hermantown 7 Luverne 1

** The hope for ROLLCARDSROLL Nation is that your boys learn from this experience and can continue to work to be a solid program on more of a year by year basis.**

whos_it
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by whos_it » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:21 pm

3-2

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:I Hope today that Luverne plays hard and can stick with the Mighty Hermantown Hawks. My Brain says no way though. Hermantown is a different animal then anything the Cards have seen all season.

Hermantown 7 Luverne 1

** The hope for ROLLCARDSROLL Nation is that your boys learn from this experience and can continue to work to be a solid program on more of a year by year basis.**
Looks to me like that is what tiny Luverne is attempting to do. Great for the game of hockey!!

elliott70
Posts: 13628
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:54 pm

I sure hope that Jaxson Nelson stays around (or moves to Bemidji).

He is fun to watch.

Deck Slide
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Deck Slide » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Luverne just not deep enough defensively. Good Core coming back even if Nelson leaves..

whos_it
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by whos_it » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm

2 goal (empty netter) loss to arguably the toughest program in 1A hockey is pretty damn impressive. My hat is off to the Cards. Take one at marriucci now!!!

TooMuchFUn
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 am

Post by TooMuchFUn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:58 pm

[quote="northwoods oldtimer"][quote="Section 3A HockeyScout"]I Hope today that Luverne plays hard and can stick with the Mighty Hermantown Hawks. My Brain says no way though. Hermantown is a different animal then anything the Cards have seen all season.

Hermantown 7 Luverne 1

** The hope for ROLLCARDSROLL Nation is that your boys learn from this experience and can continue to work to be a solid program on more of a year by year basis.**[/quote]

Looks to me like that is what tiny Luverne is attempting to do. Great for the game of hockey!![/quote]

I'm hoping 3Ahockey trout will soon choose to post on some other section's thread...why not grace someone else with all his excellent insight into the world of hockey....

MrGoalieBoy
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by MrGoalieBoy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I would really bet any other team out of this section would have gotten SPANKED in this game. Luverne showed today they are way above the section. IMO.

lefthanded_freak
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by lefthanded_freak » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm

MrGoalieBoy wrote:I would really bet any other team out of this section would have gotten SPANKED in this game. Luverne showed today they are way above the section. IMO.
I think Willmar would have done as well.

Post Reply