Section 3A (2013-2014)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

DrGaf wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote: Down in "Roseau South" big sexy is a nickname for sengvongxay. If the rumor is still being floated, i can squash it. Nobody is leaving the team.
Take it easy Dude. One good regular season in Section 3A does not get you the title, "Roseau South." We can revisit in about 50 years.
perhaps "Roseau Junior Gold" would have been more appropriate.

Hell, I've been in and around hockey for 30+ years, this is the first year I even remember Luverne being relevant.

Enjoy the season Luverne, great talent down there. But let's not make this out to be a historic run.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

DrGaf wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote: Down in "Roseau South" big sexy is a nickname for sengvongxay. If the rumor is still being floated, i can squash it. Nobody is leaving the team.
Take it easy Dude. One good regular season in Section 3A does not get you the title, "Roseau South." We can revisit in about 50 years.
perhaps "Roseau Junior Gold" would have been more appropriate.

Hell, I've been in and around hockey for 30+ years, this is the first year I even remember Luverne being relevant.

Enjoy the season Luverne, great talent down there. But let's not make this out to be a historic run.
Luverne has some talent coming up through their youth ranks too so they might not just be a flash in the pan. Of course there is there is Beers who will be a Bantam this year but there are some talented players at Pee Wee on down. It's been interesting watching what is going on in Luverne. The sport of hockey is really catching on in that town and those athletes that used to turn to other sports are now turning towards the ice.

We'll see what the future holds.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

the thrill wrote:Well both of those tidbits are good to know:
1) Big Sexy is Sengvongxay
2) That no one is leaving the Cards
I heard yesterday that Toby is indeed trying to make an NA team and is planning on leaving.
MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy »

Hscout000 wrote:
I heard yesterday that Toby is indeed trying to make an NA team and is planning on leaving.
Would love to hear your source that "Big Sexy" is planning on leaving. My guess is that he would not be leaving. Luverne will be tough to beat again for this section.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Section 3A better be ready for a big announcement in about an hour.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:Section 3A better be ready for a big announcement in about an hour.
How about those CARDS!!!
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I am giddy with anticipation.
Iranger33

Post by Iranger33 »

Congrats to Luverne.
timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

How cool is that?!!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

timcorbin21 wrote:How cool is that?!!
Depends who you are. ... trout probably thinks it's way less cool than we do.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

timcorbin21 wrote:How cool is that?!!
Very, very cool.

Well done Cardinals !
Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout »

Hscout000 wrote:
Has there been any final word on Sengvongxay? If he is in Luverne for his senior year they will be very good again. If he is gone I should not have said they are DONE but they will not contend for a 3A Title.

If he is back good for Luverne it is great to see Section 3A get a team on Hockey Day MN wow. Never thought I would see someone from our area get that kind of recognition. They should be fun watch they have the Big Three (Sengvongxay (If Coming Back??), Smedsrud and Nelson) those kids are worth the price of admission in our area. Good for the kids and their program seems to be taking the steps to become more legitimate.

Have they improved their overall schedule will be a big question and please someone fill me on Sengvongxay is he gone or here?

I am putting together a Season Preview that will be coming out in September.... Can't wait for 2014-15 Section 3A Hockey.

Congrats to Luverne represent or Section well on Hockey Day MN like you did last year at the State Tourney.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
Hscout000 wrote:
Has there been any final word on Sengvongxay? If he is in Luverne for his senior year they will be very good again. If he is gone I should not have said they are DONE but they will not contend for a 3A Title.

If he is back good for Luverne it is great to see Section 3A get a team on Hockey Day MN wow. Never thought I would see someone from our area get that kind of recognition. They should be fun watch they have the Big Three (Sengvongxay (If Coming Back??), Smedsrud and Nelson) those kids are worth the price of admission in our area. Good for the kids and their program seems to be taking the steps to become more legitimate.

Have they improved their overall schedule will be a big question and please someone fill me on Sengvongxay is he gone or here?

I am putting together a Season Preview that will be coming out in September.... Can't wait for 2014-15 Section 3A Hockey.

Congrats to Luverne represent or Section well on Hockey Day MN like you did last year at the State Tourney.
Sengvongxay is not leaving. He will play for Cardinals.

Luverne is playing on National TV for hockey day, and Totino-grace wanted to play Luverne so they are rolling down to BMIA before christmas. Is that an improvement? Has Section 3A ever had an opponent like that travel to play them?

Just a couple trap games, or "down" programs added to the mix i suppose.
Last edited by notTONIGHT on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Hscout000 wrote: I heard yesterday that Toby is indeed trying to make an NA team and is planning on leaving.

Luverne is playing on National TV for hockey day, and Totino-grace wanted to play Luverne so they are rolling down to BMIA before christmas. Is that an improvement? Has Section 3A ever had an opponent like that travel to play them like that?

A big Thank You goes out to the Hutchinson Tigers the Cardinals are thanking you for your inept ability to find the town of Luverne.

Hutch to State where are you? Or did Trout take over for you?

They will think there in the top four of the section but yet will end up 8-16. But we play all the big boys... Yada yada yah...

Big thank you to hutch!!!
MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy »

IMO, teams like Hutchinson and Litchfield that won't travel to play Luverne are really a joke. Luverne isn't that little kid on the block anymore. Neither of those teams have beaten Luverne in the past couple of years AT THEIR OWN HOME RINK. But if Luverne is taking advantage of this by getting a team like Totino Grace on their schedule, kudos to them. I'll be cheering for Luverne on Hockey Day.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

MrGoalieBoy wrote:IMO, teams like Hutchinson and Litchfield that won't travel to play Luverne are really a joke. Luverne isn't that little kid on the block anymore. Neither of those teams have beaten Luverne in the past couple of years AT THEIR OWN HOME RINK. But if Luverne is taking advantage of this by getting a team like Totino Grace on their schedule, kudos to them. I'll be cheering for Luverne on Hockey Day.
I agree. Hutch wont come to Luverne but Totino Grace will? Luverne has not only beaten Hutch, but done so very convincingly after the almost 3 hour ride up there. What planet are they living on?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
MrGoalieBoy wrote:IMO, teams like Hutchinson and Litchfield that won't travel to play Luverne are really a joke. Luverne isn't that little kid on the block anymore. Neither of those teams have beaten Luverne in the past couple of years AT THEIR OWN HOME RINK. But if Luverne is taking advantage of this by getting a team like Totino Grace on their schedule, kudos to them. I'll be cheering for Luverne on Hockey Day.
I agree. Hutch wont come to Luverne but Totino Grace will? Luverne has not only beaten Hutch, but done so very convincingly after the almost 3 hour ride up there. What planet are they living on?
Their living on the planet and assumption that if they play Luverne that the Cards will kill their program.... Meaning that how will they sell it to their youth parents on driving to Luverne.... FYI the same way they ended up selling it to the Minnesota hockey board... Whine whine whine....

Good luck Tigers!!!
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Hscout000 wrote: I heard yesterday that Toby is indeed trying to make an NA team and is planning on leaving.

Luverne is playing on National TV for hockey day, and Totino-grace wanted to play Luverne so they are rolling down to BMIA before christmas. Is that an improvement? Has Section 3A ever had an opponent like that travel to play them?

I'm curious what Toby's plans are then since I know last I heard a made and is attending training camp for an NA team. Seems odd to go to camp with an NA team unless he is not playing elite league and will play before and after the high school season in the NA. I hope he stays as I think you are better off playing elite and playing on a team that should make it to state and now gets hockey day. Some cool experiences that you would be missing out on.

Would be a huge loss for Luverne if he leaves.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

Hscout000 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote: Has there been any final word on Sengvongxay? If he is in Luverne for his senior year they will be very good again. If he is gone I should not have said they are DONE but they will not contend for a 3A Title.

I'm curious what Toby's plans are then since I know last I heard a made and is attending training camp for an NA team. Seems odd to go to camp with an NA team unless he is not playing elite league and will play before and after the high school season in the NA. I hope he stays as I think you are better off playing elite and playing on a team that should make it to state and now gets hockey day. Some cool experiences that you would be missing out on.

Would be a huge loss for Luverne if he leaves.
Kids go to camp all the time, many of them just to get the quality ice time and competition in the summer. If they get an offer they can't refuse, then maybe they jump on it. Skating in camp and being drafted and being tendered are three very separate things.