Section 3A (2013-2014)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Teak

Section 3A (2013-2014)

Post by Teak » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Starting this out early this year since the Marshall Independent has announced that Michael Weiss is replacing Dave Coudert as the Marshall High School boys' hockey coach. This is great news! Weiss comes with a much better hockey pedigree than Coudert, although Dave should get credit for taking Marshall to their first-ever A State Tournament.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/page ... l?nav=5021

Hopefully now we Tiger fans can see the team learn how to break out of their defensive zone! :lol:

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:13 am

Things are looking up in Marshall Weiss will be a great addition to their program. Brings a Moorhead background and college hockey experience to the rink. Should be a very good fit.

I saw on Hockey Hub that Ammerman has left Windom for Moorhead. I wonder who will end up there now. Too bad Ammerman had done a great job in only two years building up that program.

Any other coaching change news in Section 3A.... Sounds like the Luverne Head Coach is staying put.... However, I had heard some tidbits that his Assistant Coach may be looking for a Head Job of his own ??

Maybe Windom? Not sure just trying to get the summer rumor mill moving...

Also, New Ulm area are they going to be back in 3A next year or will they be forced to stay in AA?

Hope the summer is treating everyone well good to see a 3A Hockey Thread up in running. I will try not to get this one shut down.

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:57 am

MSHSL web site now lists the New Ulm team (including sleepy eye schools) among 11 teams in Section 3A

Hutchinson High School
Willmar High School
Coop: 44 "Morris Benson Area Storm"
Benson High School (HOST)
Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley H.S.
Morris Area School
Ortonville High School
Coop: 157 "Fairmont Cardinals"
Blue Earth Area High School
Fairmont High School (HOST)
Granada-Huntley-East Chain H.S.
Martin County West High School
Truman High School
Coop: 257 "Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato"
Dassel-Cokato High School
Litchfield High School (HOST)
Coop: 261 "Luverne Cardinals"
Adrian High School
Luverne High School (HOST)
Coop: 276 "Marshall H.S."
Lakeview High School
Marshall High School (HOST)
Minneota High School
Tracy-Milroy-Balaton High School
Coop: 322 "New Ulm Eagles"
Minnesota Valley Lutheran
New Ulm Cathedral High School
New Ulm High School (HOST)
Sleepy Eye High School
Sleepy Eye Saint Mary's High School
Springfield High School
Coop: 370 "Redwood Valley"
B O L D High School
Cedar Mountain High School
Redwood Valley High School (HOST)
Coop: 488 "Windom Area"
Jackson County Central High School
Mountain Lake High School
Southwest Star Concept H. S.
Windom Area High School (HOST)
Coop: 495 "Worthington H.S."
Fulda High School
Round Lake-Brewster
Worthington High School (HOST)

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 am

hockeydad Thanks!

Well New Ulm Area is back in Section 3A.

Top three Next Season
1. Hutch
2. New Ulm Area
3. Willmar

After that lots of question marks....

Should be a another fun year in 3A. Glad to see New Ulm Area back in.

Still have to figure out the coaching situation with Windom. Like I said I had heard the Luverne Asst. Coach name come up in those talks. Guy coaches High Performance in the spring with Weiss have heard some good things. Might be a good fit for Windom need a guy who will come in and want to build it.

Otherwise Hutch, New Ulm, Willmar should be good battles.

Two Darkhorses LDC & Marshall why- Goaltending, goaltending, goaltending. Campion and Wahl both are BIG goalies who will be able to stop lots of rubber. Weiss will get Marshall rolling again and Olson always puts a gritty group on the ice up in Litch.

Teak

Post by Teak » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:hockeydad Thanks!

Well New Ulm Area is back in Section 3A.

Top three Next Season
1. Hutch
2. New Ulm Area
3. Willmar

After that lots of question marks....
S3AHS, you don't see Luverne being competitive again this coming season? I was quite impressed with them last year (saw their 8-0 route of Marshall IN Marshall) and think that they will again contend at the top.

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Teak,

Good point I did not see that game in Marshall however, I was at the game in Gustavus where Campion and the Tigers shut down Luverne. Luverne had Superior talent and could not get the job done. I Luverne feel, as everyone knows, is always over-hyped. 4 years ago no one had ever even heard of them. Then they have had some nice runs over the past 3 seasons putting up 17, 21 and 22 wins seasons. I just don't see them being a factor this year. Last year was the best team they ever had and they crumbled in the spotlight. You will more likely start see them decline now much like Redwood Valley did.

I know they have a great feeder program and they have a some dynamite individual players. However, heard in the youth they allow South Dakota players on their teams which may inflate the value of their youth success. They do have some great kids coming up but factor in my example below:

Keep an eye out though for another young sensation Luverne will reveal this year. Have seen this kid he is the real deal but..... How long will he even stay at Luverne? Look at the Schaeffer kid in Marshall played as an 8th grader then left the program. Those are killers have heard this kid maybe on the same route. One and done.

When He leaves after his 8th grade year and the Sengvongxay kid leaves either this year or before his senior year and the Smedsrud kid leaves early they kill your program. If these kids would all stay then your looking at them being a contender down the road but from the sources that be in the bleachers that is not happening. Thus, you will see the slow decline of their particular program.

New Ulm, Hutch and Willmar seem to avoid those defections the best why in the end they are the favorite older and talented kids who stayed home.

Sorry just dont see Luverne in contention they will be around a 6 seed or 7 seed and you never know but just dont see it.

Hutch has everything back and great group of bantams coming off a State Tourney Bid at the A Bantam level. Love the Cowger kid, Adams will be a beast and they will have plenty of support.

New UlmBring back around 17 letter winners 2 very solid goalies their top two dman. They have to find a way to avenge the Hutch loss but they will be loaded next year. Peterson, Davis, Kraus, Hoffman and so much more fire power they will be fun to watch.

Willmar bring back around 14 to 16 seniors next year. They have to replace their SuperStar Schnieder but still this team has tons of kids with experience and the Best Coach in the Section. Great coaching goes along way in this section look for Willmar to be the one team that can trip the Top Two off.

I told you why I like Marshall & Litch because Goaltending can cure holes in other places you may have holes. They are team that could pull some stunners in the Playoff Scene.

After that I just dont see much.
Luverne best of the rest have to prove they can win when it counts.... Still some bitterness over last year's collapse with the parents have heard...
Morris Benson Have to replaces a TON!! however, will not be an easy win for most teams in this section.
Windom Need someone to come in and continue to build what Ammerman had started... I gave one name I heard maybe others no more information on who comes in.
Worthington, Fairmont, Redwood will have low number and struggle but still need these communities to hopefully keep hockey as the sport needs to hopefully continue to grow in the area.

Should be an interesting year... I know Last summer everyone was writing off Marshall so you just never know....

fastncrash

Post by fastncrash » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Teak,

Good point I did not see that game in Marshall however, I was at the game in Gustavus where Campion and the Tigers shut down Luverne. Luverne had Superior talent and could not get the job done. I Luverne feel, as everyone knows, is always over-hyped. 4 years ago no one had ever even heard of them. Then they have had some nice runs over the past 3 seasons putting up 17, 21 and 22 wins seasons. I just don't see them being a factor this year. Last year was the best team they ever had and they crumbled in the spotlight. You will more likely start see them decline now much like Redwood Valley did.

I know they have a great feeder program and they have a some dynamite individual players. However, heard in the youth they allow South Dakota players on their teams which may inflate the value of their youth success. They do have some great kids coming up but factor in my example below:

Keep an eye out though for another young sensation Luverne will reveal this year. Have seen this kid he is the real deal but..... How long will he even stay at Luverne? Look at the Schaeffer kid in Marshall played as an 8th grader then left the program. Those are killers have heard this kid maybe on the same route. One and done.

When He leaves after his 8th grade year and the Sengvongxay kid leaves either this year or before his senior year and the Smedsrud kid leaves early they kill your program. If these kids would all stay then your looking at them being a contender down the road but from the sources that be in the bleachers that is not happening. Thus, you will see the slow decline of their particular program.

New Ulm, Hutch and Willmar seem to avoid those defections the best why in the end they are the favorite older and talented kids who stayed home.

Sorry just dont see Luverne in contention they will be around a 6 seed or 7 seed and you never know but just dont see it.

Hutch has everything back and great group of bantams coming off a State Tourney Bid at the A Bantam level. Love the Cowger kid, Adams will be a beast and they will have plenty of support.

New UlmBring back around 17 letter winners 2 very solid goalies their top two dman. They have to find a way to avenge the Hutch loss but they will be loaded next year. Peterson, Davis, Kraus, Hoffman and so much more fire power they will be fun to watch.

Willmar bring back around 14 to 16 seniors next year. They have to replace their SuperStar Schnieder but still this team has tons of kids with experience and the Best Coach in the Section. Great coaching goes along way in this section look for Willmar to be the one team that can trip the Top Two off.

I told you why I like Marshall & Litch because Goaltending can cure holes in other places you may have holes. They are team that could pull some stunners in the Playoff Scene.

After that I just dont see much.
Luverne best of the rest have to prove they can win when it counts.... Still some bitterness over last year's collapse with the parents have heard...
Morris Benson Have to replaces a TON!! however, will not be an easy win for most teams in this section.
Windom Need someone to come in and continue to build what Ammerman had started... I gave one name I heard maybe others no more information on who comes in.
Worthington, Fairmont, Redwood will have low number and struggle but still need these communities to hopefully keep hockey as the sport needs to hopefully continue to grow in the area.

Should be an interesting year... I know Last summer everyone was writing off Marshall so you just never know....
WOW! Your even an idiot during the Summer months... I thought it might just be a Winter thing. Guess not.

BP

Post by BP » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 am

Luverne only graduated a couple of guys, correct?

p_cku

Post by p_cku » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 am

Luverne lost 6 seniors from last year team. Four of them saw a great deal of ice time and will be missed. But they return some very solid players and have some young talent coming up to the high school. They should be in the mixed at the end unless they lose some players to injuries in the Fall.

BP

Post by BP » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

p_cku wrote:Luverne lost 6 seniors from last year team. Four of them saw a great deal of ice time and will be missed. But they return some very solid players and have some young talent coming up to the high school. They should be in the mixed at the end unless they lose some players to injuries in the Fall.
Big drop off from last year?

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 pm

BP wrote:
p_cku wrote:Luverne lost 6 seniors from last year team. Four of them saw a great deal of ice time and will be missed. But they return some very solid players and have some young talent coming up to the high school. They should be in the mixed at the end unless they lose some players to injuries in the Fall.
Big drop off from last year?
Should not be a team fairly comparable to last year. Blue line will be something to watch as a place with holes to fill. Four year returning starter in the cage, and a solid core of forwards.

I'm interested in starting a secondary thread for section 3a and asking 3ahockeyscout to withhold from posting in it. He/She can ramble on in this one about how he/She hates the coach from luverne and can start his/her false rumors in this one. Would this be something people would be in favor of?

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 am

Sorry notTONIGHT,

I was trying to give a well thought out and detailed response why I just don't see Luverne being very good moving forward. When teams choke like they did last year it is very tough for small town programs to move forward. Most people will often say we put in that much time and still lost to Marshall.... Should just go back to the way things were. I did not even mention or ripe on the Luverne Head Coach.

Also, not rumors I spoke to some people in Windom after Ammerman had left about 2 weeks ago. They told me they were targeting the Luverne Asst. Coach he is a teacher with the same license as Ammerman so it made since. He gets to move up be a head coach and Windom gets a guy they seemed interested in.

We know I am not a Luverne fan however, I like this thread I want to contribute to it and not get it shut down again.

But enough on luverne....

Lets Talk about the actual favorites
New Ulm
Hutch
Willmar

What are going on in those areas..... Ohh wait we dont know because instead of spending time on this board all the time those programs are hard at work in summer trying to get better. :roll:

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 am

But that's where your wrong 3a. It's like an auburn fan down in Alabama. You don't say the crimson tide aren't contenders just because you don't like them. Why can't you figure that out? Are you that inept at complex thought? Luverne is one of the best squads in the section. No matter how much you say they aren't. If your contributions don't change, you will get this shut down again.

roundhead

Post by roundhead » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Sorry notTONIGHT,

I was trying to give a well thought out and detailed response why I just don't see Luverne being very good moving forward. When teams choke like they did last year it is very tough for small town programs to move forward. Most people will often say we put in that much time and still lost to Marshall.... Should just go back to the way things were. I did not even mention or ripe on the Luverne Head Coach.

Also, not rumors I spoke to some people in Windom after Ammerman had left about 2 weeks ago. They told me they were targeting the Luverne Asst. Coach he is a teacher with the same license as Ammerman so it made since. He gets to move up be a head coach and Windom gets a guy they seemed interested in.

We know I am not a Luverne fan however, I like this thread I want to contribute to it and not get it shut down again.

But enough on luverne....

New Ulm
Hutch
Willmar

What are going on in those areas..... Ohh wait we dont know because instead of spending time on this board all the time those programs are hard at work in summer trying to get better. :roll:
I don't understand that comment, but to be fair I have trouble following MOST of your "Logic". Luverne (as well as others from Sec. 3A) have been playing Summer HS League for quite a while now. Luverne skated right with Mankato West Wednesday night 4-2 without their starting goalie, and roughed up Mankato East 10-0. Luverne is just finishing up a 6 week (4 times per week) In-house Camp by hosting a Tournament this weekend, starting tonight with Windom-vs-Luverne at 6PM. Invited in programs MUCH larger than theirs including the DesMoines Capitals. Sounds to me like they are working on building their programs...?

You seem to be a very bitter and uninformed soul.

Teak

Post by Teak » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:54 am

roundhead wrote:Luverne (as well as others from Sec. 3A) have been playing Summer HS League for quite a while now. Luverne skated right with Mankato West Wednesday night 4-2 without their starting goalie, and roughed up Mankato East 10-0. Luverne is just finishing up a 6 week (4 times per week) In-house Camp by hosting a Tournament this weekend, starting tonight with Windom-vs-Luverne at 6PM. Invited in programs MUCH larger than theirs including the DesMoines Capitals. Sounds to me like they are working on building their programs...?
Interesting. I didn't know that there were summer leagues; are there any websites with info as to game locations and schedules?

I really don't see a need for another 3A thread. We are all mature adults and can abide by the rules. Now that we know that 3AHockeyScout does not like Luverne, we really don't need to be reminded of that. But his/her posts about teams other than Luverne are worth reading.

I saw in the Marshall Independent that Derek Rasmussen of Marshall is quite the baseball batter. Let's hope that swing of his translates into goals this coming winter, because the Mikel-Horvath-Zerr line needs to be replaced quickly! :lol:

roundhead

Post by roundhead » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Nice representation from Sec. 3A in the Lucia Model Camp. "Hey Hockey Scout", aaaaah nevermind.

Team One
G Thomas Hanson (Minnetonka j.v.)
G Chase Perry (Andover)
D Brad Budman (Santa Margarita Catholic)
D Jake Hartje (Detroit Country Day)
D Justin Stein (Thief River Falls)
D Justin Crowell (Rosemount)
D Nicholas Katzaroff (Anaheim Jr. Ducks U-18 )
D Patrick O'Connor (Moorhead)
F Joey Luedtke (Orono)
F Ethan McElvain (Stillwater bantams)
F Jake McGlocklin (Eastview)
F Carter Chorney (Lake of the Woods)
F Logan Norman (Luverne)
F Aaron Randall (Sartell)
F Luke Rongitsch (Chanhassen)
F David Taylor (Spring Lake Park)
F Bennett Witta (Minnetonka j.v.)

Team Two
G Tanner Balk (Legacy Christian)
G Nick Madson (Central Bucks South) Central Bucks South is a suburban Philadelphia high school
D Christian Canavati (Alexandria)
D Zach Cole (Legacy Christian)
D Kyle Jones (Duluth Marshall)
D Sam Karas (St. Francis)
D Billy Oakes (Princeton)
D Jake Rosenbaum (Santa Margarita Catholic)
F Brian Desmond (Santa Margarita Catholic)
F Tyler Funk (Hill-Murray)
F Michael Jost (Bloomington Kennedy)
F Alex Lorman (Rogers)
F Jack Poehling (Lakeville North)
F Nick Poehling (Lakeville North)
F Sam Scott (Shakopee)
F Luke Small (North Shore)
F Chaz Smedsrud (Luverne)
F Jacob Walker (Rogers)

Team Three
G Ryan Edquist (Shattuck bantams) from Lakeville
G Andrew Lindgren (Eagan)
D Conor Jensen (Bloomington Kennedy)
D Joe Kenney (Providence Academy)
D Jordan Klehr (Shattuck U-16) From Lino Lakes
D Spencer Kuhlman (Shattuck Midget AA) From Grand Forks
D Will LeNeave (Orono)
D Riese Zmolek (Rochester Century)
F Trevor Checketts (Phoenix Jr. Coyotes bantams)
F Nate Erickson (Maple Grove)
F Ryan DeConcini (Detroit Lakes)
F Colton Jones (Monticello)
F Peter Jones (Elk River)
F Chase Jungels (Benilde)
F Briggs Leadens (Elk River)
F Jade Miller (Grafton)
F Logan Nelson (St. Michael-Albertville j.v.)
F Bobby Tiedemann (Crookston bantams)

Team Four
G Blake Jackson (Chaska)
G David Johnson (Bloomington Kennedy)
D Nick Austin (Benilde)
D Eddie Eades (East Grand Forks)
D Cyril Nagurski (Bismarck Century)
D Derek Olmschenk (Cretin)
D Brady Schoo (Eden Prairie)
D Ryan Schwartz (Chanhassen)
F Jared Bethune (Warroad)
F David Brumm (Maple Grove)
F Logan Haskins (Rochester Mayo)
F Brandon Jungmann (Stillwater)
F Joe Norenberg (Maple Grove)
F Josh Passolt (Maple Grove)
F Nick Patrin (Chanhassen)
F Hank Roers (Bloomington Kennedy)
F Nathan Scofield (Northfield)
F Zach Sitarz (Andover)

Teak

Post by Teak » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

roundhead wrote:Nice representation from Sec. 3A in the Lucia Model Camp. "Hey Hockey Scout", aaaaah nevermind.

F Logan Norman (Luverne)
Yeah, those two names jumped out at me also when I saw the list. I was hoping to see a name from Marshall. :(

gingerroll

Post by gingerroll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 am

Teak wrote:
roundhead wrote:Nice representation from Sec. 3A in the Lucia Model Camp. "Hey Hockey Scout", aaaaah nevermind.

F Logan Norman (Luverne)
Yeah, those two names jumped out at me also when I saw the list. I was hoping to see a name from Marshall. :(
This camp has been going downhill. Not sure if it is a great accomplishment signing up for this camp.

gingerroll

Post by gingerroll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:58 am

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:

New Ulm
Hutch
Willmar- remove
Luverne- add

3A is just a scoreboard watcher, doesn't know the game or how it is supposed to be played.

Section 3A HockeyScout

New Windom Coach

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm

New Windom Coach Named

Tim Mellstrom former Girls Head Hockey Coach at IFalls will take over at Windom next season.
Here is the link:
http://www.ifallsjournal.com/sports/mel ... 1368b.html

Should be interesting to see how that works out. Good to hear a Northern Guy heading our way.

Windom has also added Hutch, LDC and Willmar to their schedule next year. They tried to get New Ulm but were declined by NU.... Very cool to see the other programs add Windom to their schedules

Makes for some much clearer seeds come playoff time.... Now if only New Ulm would add teams like Windom would help the whole section. Have heard they are very selective on who they will allow to play them.

Hope Every Enjoy Their July 4th!!!

Section 3A HockeyScout

Section 3A Schedules

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Here is some interesting facts as far as seeding and scheduling goes…..

Every year I go to as many Section 3A games as possible so I always make out a calendar of all the teams and when you Section 3A Match-ups will occur during the year.

Games in BOLD will be the games I will be attending next year.

There will be 11 teams in Section 3A next year, which means seedings will be much more important then past years. Below I have all 11 teams listed along with when they will play Section opponents:

Hutchinson Tigers

Section 3A Games Schedule

Nov. 29 vs. Morris Benson
Nov. 30 vs. Windom
Dec. 7 @ Marshall
Dec. 10 vs. New Ulm

Dec. 20 vs. LDC
Dec. 28 vs. Willmar
Jan. 28 @ LDC
Feb. 7 vs. Luverne

(3) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: Redwood, Fairmont, Worthington

Willmar Cardinals

Nov. 26 vs. Morris Benson
Dec. 14 vs. Marshall
Dec. 28 vs. Hutchinson
Jan. 4 vs. LDC
Jan. 11 @ Luverne
Jan. 21 vs. New Ulm

Feb. 8 @ Windom

(3) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: Redwood, Fairmont, Worthington

Fairmont Cardinals

Dec. 10 @ Luverne
Dec. 17 @ Worthington
Dec. 19 vs. Windom
Jan. 2 vs. New Ulm
Jan. 4 vs. Redwood
Jan. 7 vs. Luverne
Jan. 9 vs. Worthington

Jan. 25 vs. Marshall
Feb. 1 @ Redwood
Feb. 6 @ Windom
Feb. 8 @ Marshall
Feb. 13 @ New Ulm

(4) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: Morris Benson, LDC, Hutch, New Ulm

New Um Area Eagles

Dec. 5 vs. Marshall
Dec. 10 @ Hutchinson
Jan. 2 @ Fairmont
Jan. 18 vs. LDC
Jan. 21 @ Willmar
Jan. 30 @ Marshall

Feb. 8 @ LDC
Feb. 13 vs. Fairmont

(5) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: Luverne, Windom, Redwood, Morris Benson, Worthington

Litchfield Dassel Cokato Dragons

Nov. 29 vs. Windom

Nov. 30 vs. Morris Benson
Dec. 7 vs. Luverne
Dec. 10 @ Redwood
Dec. 20 @ Hutchinson
Jan. 4 @ Willmar
Jan. 18 @ New Ulm
Jan. 23 @ Marshall

Jan. 28 vs. Hutchinson
Feb. 8 vs. New Ulm

(2) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: Worthington, Fairmont

Marshall Tigers

Nov. 26 vs. Worthington
Dec. 3 vs. Luverne
Dec. 5 @ New Ulm
Dec. 7 vs. Hutchinson
Dec. 10 vs. Windom
Dec. 12 vs. Redwood
Dec. 14. @ Willmar
Jan. 2 @ Luverne
Jan. 7 @ Worthington
Jan. 13 @ Windom
Jan. 16 @ Morris Benson
Jan. 21 @ Redwood
Jan. 23 vs. LDC
Jan. 25 @ Fairmont
Jan. 28 vs. Morris Benson
Jan. 30 vs. New Ulm
Feb. 8 vs. Fairmont

PLAYS ALL SECTION 3A TEAMS (Only Team)

Redwood Valley Cardinals

Nov. 26 vs. Windom
Dec. 3 vs. Worthington
Dec. 5 vs. Luverne
Dec. 12. @ Marshall
Dec. 19 vs. Litchfield
Jan. 4 @ Fairmont
Jan. 7 vs. Morris Benson
Jan. 9 @ Windom
Jan. 21 vs. Marshall
Feb. 1 vs. Fairmont
Feb. 3 @ Morris Benson
Feb. 6 @ Worthington

(3) Section 3A Team Not Playing: New Ulm, Hutch, Willmar

Worthington Trojans

Nov. 26 @ Marshall
Dec. 3 @ Redwood
Dec. 5 @ Windom
Dec. 17 vs. Fairmont
Dec. 19 @ Luverne
Jan. 4 vs. Morris Benson
Jan. 7 vs. Marshall
Jan. 9 @ Fairmont
Jan. 18 @ Morris Benson
Jan. 21 vs. Windom
Jan. 28 vs. Luverne
Feb. 6 vs. Redwood

(4) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: New Ulm, Hutch, LDC, Willmar

Morris Benson Area Storm

Section 3A Game Schedule
Nov. 26 @ Willmar

Nov. 29 @ Hutchinson
Nov. 30 @ LDC
Dec. 7 vs. Windom
Dec. 14 @ Luverne
Jan. 4 @ Worthington
Jan. 7 @ Redwood
Jan. 11 @ Windom
Jan. 16 vs. Marshall
Jan. 18 vs. Worthington
Jan. 25 vs. Luverne
Jan. 28 @ Marshall
Feb. 3 vs. Redwood

(2) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: New Ulm, Fairmont

Luverne Cardinals

Dec. 3 @ Marshall

Dec. 5 @ Redwood
Dec. 7 @ LDC
Dec. 10 vs. Fairmont
Dec. 14 vs. Morris Benson
Dec. 17 vs. Windom
Dec. 19 vs. Worthington
Jan. 2 vs. Marshall
Jan. 7 @ Fairmont
Jan. 11 vs. Willmar
Jan. 17 vs. Redwood
Jan. 25 @ Morris Benson
Jan. 28 @ Worthington
Feb. 3 @ Windom
Feb. 7 @ Hutchinson

(1) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: New Ulm

Windom Eagles

Nov. 26 @ Redwood
Nov. 29 @ LDC
Nov. 30 @ Hutchinson

Dec. 5 vs. Worthington
Dec. 7 @ Morris Benson
Dec. 10 @ Marshall
Dec. 17 @ Luverne
Dec. 19 @ Fairmont
Jan. 9 vs. Redwood
Jan. 11 vs. Morris Benson
Jan. 13 vs. Marshall
Jan. 21 @ Worthington
Feb. 3 vs. Luverne
Feb. 6 vs. Fairmont
Feb. 8 vs. Willmar

(1) Section 3A Teams Not Playing: New Ulm

Teams that Stick Out:
The Good
Marshall- Only team that plays everyone good for them!
Windom- Much improved schedule
Litch & Hutch- Great to see these guys add teams like Morris Benson and Windom

The Bad
New Ulm Area
- Dont play over half the teams in your own Section?!?! I know I was told that Windom asked and was refused come on.... Maybe they were better off going AA as originally proposed.

Biggest Game of the Season:
Dec 10 2013 New Ulm Area @ Hutchinson: Most likely the Section 3A Championship preview. The Barn in Hutch will be rocking should be a fun game and tell us early on alot about each team.

Game That Should Be Scheduled:
New Ulm vs. Luverne ????
What gives last year we had the Seeding questions because these two never played... Not playing again this year that MAKES ZERO SENSE... Whose at Fault.... This is a game that should be played
Last edited by Section 3A HockeyScout on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Here is my winter travel log for next season. See you all at 3A rink near you! Can’t wait for Section 3A Hockey in the Great State of Hockey Next Winter!!

Section 3A HockeyScout’s Spot Light Games

November 2013
Nov. 26 Morris Benson @ Willmar
Nov. 29 Windom @ LDC
Nov. 30 Windom @ Hutchinson

December 2013
Dec. 3 Luverne @ Marshall
Dec. 5 Marshall @ New Ulm
Dec. 7 Hutchinson @ Marshall
Dec. 10 New Ulm @ Hutchinson
Dec. 14 Marshall @ Willmar
Dec. 17 Fairmont @ Worthington
Dec. 19 Windom @ Fairmont
Dec. 20 LDC @ Hutch
Dec. 28 Willmar vs. Hutch (Little Falls Tournament)

January 2014
Jan. 2 Marshall @ Luverne
Jan. 4 LDC @ Willmar
Jan. 7 Morris Benson @ Fairmont
Jan. 9 Worthington @ Fairmont
Jan. 11 Willmar @ Luverne
Jan. 13 Marshall @ Windom
Jan. 18 LDC @ New Ulm
Jan 21 New Ulm @ Willmar
Jan 23 LDC @ Marshall
Jan 25 Luverne @ Morris Benson
Jan 28 Morris Benson @ Marshall
Jan 30 New Ulm @ Marshall

February 2014

Feb 1 Fairmont @ Redwood
Feb 3 Luverne @ Windom
Feb 7 Luverne @ Hutchinson
Feb 8 LDC @ New Ulm
Feb 13 Fairmont @ New Ulm
Feb 18 Section 3A Play-In Games
Feb 20 Section 3A Quarterfinals
Feb 22 Section 3A Semifinals @ Gustavus Ice Arena
Feb 26 Section 3A Chamionship @ Gustavus Ice Arena

March 2014
March 5 Class A State Tournament
March 6 Class A State Tournament
March 7 Class A State Tournament
March 8 Class A State Tournament

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Here is my winter travel log for next season. See you all at 3A rink near you! Can’t wait for Section 3A Hockey in the Great State of Hockey Next Winter!!

December 2013
Dec. 3 Luverne @ Marshall
Dec. 5 Marshall @ New Ulm
Dec. 7 Hutchinson @ Marshall
This week will test Marshall to see how they fare against the section's top teams. Thanks for posting the schedules! :!:

goldy313

Re: Section 3A Schedules

Post by goldy313 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
The Bad
New Ulm Area
- Dont play over half the teams in your own Section?!?! I know I was told that Windom asked and was refused come on.... Maybe they were better off going AA as originally proposed.
Just a hunch but New Ulm had to put together a schedule hoping they'd be in 3A but with the knowledge that they might be in 6AA, meaning why schedule many 3A teams? Also, coincidence or not the Eagles non conference schedule has a heavy dose of Wright County Conference teams in it, the South Central only has 6 schools and it's been pretty widely speculated the SCC isn't long for this Earth. Conferences are largely football driven with the rest of the sports along for the ride, getting in good graces with another conference may prove useful in the long run.....see Red Wing and Northfield vs St Thomas as an example.

RRubberbeeskit

Lucia Camp

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:35 pm

gingerroll wrote:
Teak wrote:

F Logan Norman (Luverne)
This camp has been going downhill. Not sure if it is a great accomplishment signing up for this camp.

The Lucia camp has dropped off significantly. The caliber of player on the rosters the last couple of years has been down. Many top players are now going to the USHL and NAHL tryouts which typically have a higher level of play.
It seems as though the kids are much younger at the Lucia camp now.
I belive at one time they had 8 teams at Lucia also. Not sure of the big number drop other than the above mentioned tryouts.