Section 7AA 2013-2014?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Slammer wrote:
sticksave wrote:
Slammer wrote:How about this-

East had been to state the last FIVE years. Once someone knocks them off, we can talk about a different arena.

As far as I know they've earned the right.
HMMMMMMM, What came first the home field advantage or the going to state????????????????? Might be the argument for the change. Its all about being fair dude.
East was the best team in the section for the past five years. It wouldn't have mattered where they played.
I wonder who the best team is this year. I'm excited for the sectional tournament!
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

7AA Play-off Predictions

Play-in Game
(8)St. Francis 8 over (9)Cambridge-Isanti 2

Quarter-Finals
(1)Duluth East 6 over (8)St. Francis 1
(4)Grand Rapids 3 over (5)Forest Lake 2
(3) Andover 4 over (6) St. Michael/Albertville 1
(2) Elk River 7 over (7)Cloquet-Esko-Carlton 4

Semi-Finals
(4)Grand Rapids 2 over (1)Duluth East 0
(2) Elk River 4 over (3)Andover 0

Finals
(2) Elk River 3 over (4)Grand Rapids 2
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Andover or Forest Lake to the X
chief22

Post by chief22 »

MrBoDangles wrote:Andover or Forest Lake to the X
Ahhh....no
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

St. Francis- 6

Cambridge- 2

St. Francis earns the right to lose to East in three days.
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Slammer wrote:
sticksave wrote:
Slammer wrote:How about this-

East had been to state the last FIVE years. Once someone knocks them off, we can talk about a different arena.

As far as I know they've earned the right.
HMMMMMMM, What came first the home field advantage or the going to state????????????????? Might be the argument for the change. Its all about being fair dude.
East was the best team in the section for the past five years. It wouldn't have mattered where they played.
I will call BS on that comment!
slyer

Post by slyer »

the section finals have been in Duluth for over 20 years, they used to be played at the dump that's 20+ years of home ice advantage let me know how many teams have better records away from home in ANY sport, enough of the bs. it looks like in the last ten years that the home team has won every game between er and de until this year hmmmm not a bad thing to have for 20+ years
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

slyer wrote:the section finals have been in Duluth for over 20 years, they used to be played at the dump that's 20+ years of home ice advantage let me know how many teams have better records away from home in ANY sport, enough of the bs. it looks like in the last ten years that the home team has won every game between er and de until this year hmmmm not a bad thing to have for 20+ years
I thought in the mid 90s the section finals switched back and forth between Hibbing and Duluth. Isn't that what happened?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Traxler wrote:
slyer wrote:the section finals have been in Duluth for over 20 years, they used to be played at the dump that's 20+ years of home ice advantage let me know how many teams have better records away from home in ANY sport, enough of the bs. it looks like in the last ten years that the home team has won every game between er and de until this year hmmmm not a bad thing to have for 20+ years
I thought in the mid 90s the section finals switched back and forth between Hibbing and Duluth. Isn't that what happened?
Yes. slyer doesn't have a good grasp of 7AA history and would prefer to forget any facts which don't support his "woe is us" theories.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Didn't ER beat Hibbing on the Range in 3 OT's in 99, Paul Martin never left the ice in during OT.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Slammer wrote:
sticksave wrote: HMMMMMMM, What came first the home field advantage or the going to state????????????????? Might be the argument for the change. Its all about being fair dude.
I will call BS on that comment!
Any East fan that can look in the mirror and believe it is not an advantage to play in Duluth is delusional. They have had great teams yes and may have won all these games but it is distinct advantage. By the nature of sports, the teams at a disadvantage are going to bring up these points. East has been on top and has the right to crow about it, if they were traveling South like their BB team for example it might be different story.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

The easiest fix would be for Andover and Elk River to be placed in 5AA and provide some competition for Maple Grove and Blaine. There just isn't an arena available that would work for the 7AA attendance. Mariucci is brutal for sections. I could see St. Cloud working, but really, we all want to spend Semi-Final Saturday in Saint…Cloud…instead of Duluth? Barf.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I agree DJ, ER has been moved many times to different sections and would love to be in 5AA. Sars hated taking a spot of a northern team in state. If H-town ever opts up they would move someone out. Centennial or Blaine should be in 7AA by geography similar to Flake. St. Cloud will never be an option, see previous post, admin and $$$.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

alcloseshaver wrote:I agree DJ, ER has been moved many times to different sections and would love to be in 5AA. Sars hated taking a spot of a northern team in state. If H-town ever opts up they would move someone out. Centennial or Blaine should be in 7AA by geography similar to Flake. St. Cloud will never be an option, see previous post, admin and $$$.
If Hermantown opts up, you could move Andover and Elk River out and 7AA would still have eight teams. In a perfect world (okay, my perfect world), Marshall and Denfeld would also play in 7AA and you could dump Forest Lake and either St Francis, Cambridge or St. Michael-Albertville.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

It's fun to speculate, but Hibbing or Greenway would opt up before Hermantown or Marshall. Moving Brainerd and Bemidji to 7AA and adding some of the growing schools on I-94 (Rogers, St. Michael/Albertville) to 8AA is more of a possibility than any of the 7A schools opting up. This would make room for Elk River and Andover in Section 5AA.
kniven

Post by kniven »

east hockey wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:I agree DJ, ER has been moved many times to different sections and would love to be in 5AA. Sars hated taking a spot of a northern team in state. If H-town ever opts up they would move someone out. Centennial or Blaine should be in 7AA by geography similar to Flake. St. Cloud will never be an option, see previous post, admin and $$$.
If Hermantown opts up, you could move Andover and Elk River out and 7AA would still have eight teams. In a perfect world (okay, my perfect world), Marshall and Denfeld would also play in 7AA and you could dump Forest Lake and either St Francis, Cambridge or St. Michael-Albertville.

Lee
Well said Lee. I agree 110%
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

greenway1969 wrote:It's fun to speculate, but Hibbing or Greenway would opt up before Hermantown or Marshall. Moving Brainerd and Bemidji to 7AA and adding some of the growing schools on I-94 (Rogers, St. Michael/Albertville) to 8AA is more of a possibility than any of the 7A schools opting up. This would make room for Elk River and Andover in Section 5AA.
Forget to take your anti-delusional pills this morning? Why would Greenway opt up to get beaten up by AA schools and be bottom feeders?
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Can't you think beyond your orange-colored glasses? I'm talking about the likelihood of Hermantown opting up not which team is better. Those schools (Hermantown, Marshall and Denfeld) will never opt up. It is just not going to happen so you might just as well say that Hibbing and Greenway will opt up some day.
slyer

Post by slyer »

when Is the last time de has played a playoff game outside of Duluth?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

slyer wrote:when Is the last time de has played a playoff game outside of Duluth?
Now that's an interesting question... Probably when the section played some games on the Range.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

alcloseshaver wrote:
slyer wrote:when Is the last time de has played a playoff game outside of Duluth?
Now that's an interesting question... Probably when the section played some games on the Range.
Easy. Last year's State Tournament! :mrgreen:

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

I think they played Greenway in 2002 in Hibbing.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

east hockey wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
Easy. Last year's State Tournament! :mrgreen:

Lee
Last five state tournaments, that is. :lol:
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Actually, over the past 20 years, East's W/L percentage in section playoffs played outside Duluth is higher than those played in Duluth. So the theory of "get them off their home rink, see how they do" is invalid.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
sticksave

Post by sticksave »

east hockey wrote:Actually, over the past 20 years, East's W/L percentage in section playoffs played outside Duluth is higher than those played in Duluth. So the theory of "get them off their home rink, see how they do" is invalid.

Lee
OMG show me where you got those facts from. I guess if you go back 25 years. WE ARE TALKING SECTIONS!!!!!!!