Tri-Metro

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Tri-Metro

Post by BP »

penguinos

Post by penguinos »

Another conference with changes.

This seems to be mostly about other sports but it is kind of a shame with the conference getting better adding Minneapolis, for hockey, this year and Holy Angles next.

I think this isn't going to help Breck's cause if they plan to stay single A. Being part of this conference they could say they were part of a group of smaller private schools. Independent scheduling should lead to more AA opponents, and with STA gone they are the clear single A top dog and next target for public flogging for staying A.

This leaves St. Paul Johnson, St. Paul Como and Minneapolis and possibly Holy Angels as the only hockey teams for next year.

I would guess this forces the St. Paul teams hand and causes a merger, which makes sense anyways with their continuing decreases in youth numbers. They could go Metro East, Minneapolis could go Metro West...those would be the decent fits competitively.

I saw that St. Paul Highland did join the Two Rivers Conference for hockey, which is where Minneapolis played and dominated last year. That is another possibility for the holdovers but that seems like a strange fit with most of that conference being pretty far to travel to.
nahlscout99

Post by nahlscout99 »

Now that Breck has dropped out of the Tri Metro and will play an independent schedule beginning in 2014, my sources tell me that Breck will finally opt up to AA beginning in 2014.

For playoffs, they will be most likely be placed in Section 6 with BSM,
Holy Family, EP, Mtka, Hopkins, Wayzata and Armstrong.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

nahlscout99 wrote:For playoffs, they will be most likely be placed in Section 6 with BSM,
Good luck with that! :shock:
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

If the Tri-Metro is down to only the two St. Paul schools, Minneapolis and Holy Angels, that would mean only one true Tri-Metro team would be offering hockey, which would likely mean the Tri-Metro would drop hockey as a conference sport.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
nahlscout99 wrote:For playoffs, they will be most likely be placed in Section 6 with BSM,
Good luck with that! :shock:
Should have held out for a sweetheart deal like STAA got with 3AA. Maybe they could make like Blake and open a second campus south of the metro and try and get in Section 1. :lol: