Hockey Bible is out and available...

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dueling21

Hockey Bible is out and available...

Post by dueling21 »

The 6th annual high school hockey "bible" is available now at https://breakdownsportsusa.sportngin.co ... /974444670

It's the first edition ever in full color. Tons of good information in 224 pages, all about Minnesota boys' high school hockey and the 2013-14 season to come.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

And a certain writer on this forum has a great article about Duluth East and Mike Randolph in the book...nice work, Karl!
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

Dueling, have they gone out in the mail yet? I have not received my book yet.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

badgermom78 wrote:Dueling, have they gone out in the mail yet? I have not received my book yet.
Not yet...just back from the printer so they'll start shipping this weekend. Everyone who ordered should have one in their hands by Halloween!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

dueling21 wrote:And a certain writer on this forum has a great article about Duluth East and Mike Randolph in the book...nice work, Karl!
Oh, stop. You'll have Karl thinking he's some kind of Grantland Rice. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

Must be a 1st for the cover.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:
dueling21 wrote:And a certain writer on this forum has a great article about Duluth East and Mike Randolph in the book...nice work, Karl!
Oh, stop. You'll have Karl thinking he's some kind of Grantland Rice. :mrgreen:

Lee
:lol: I'll settle for being the Grantland Rice of Duluth East hockey freelance journalism. A very lucrative field, obviously.

Cover misfortune aside, I'm looking forward to getting my copy!
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Is the reference to the cover related to the recent news that Sheehy is leaving Burnsville? Is this some type of Madden jinx? Congratulations to Edina on winning another section 2AA title. :evil:

Will the top 100 seniors, 75 juniors and 50 others be listed on this bored?
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Read the Sheehy quotes in the Burnsville article and you'll see why we put him on the cover. Of course, three days after we pick it up from the printer...

Unfortunate timing.
Marty2013

Post by Marty2013 »

did anyone pick their book up? how is it this year? does it look like team analyisis accurate? trying to get some feedback before I make a purchase. just curious on some feedback. thx
Sk8 Str8

Post by Sk8 Str8 »

did anyone pick their book up? how is it this year? does it look like team analyisis accurate? trying to get some feedback before I make a purchase. just curious on some feedback. thx
Well, its no coffee table book shaped like a coffee table...but it is pretty good!
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Marty2013 wrote:did anyone pick their book up? how is it this year? does it look like team analyisis accurate? trying to get some feedback before I make a purchase. just curious on some feedback. thx

It is really good; the kids couldn't put it down yesterday. Just gets you pumped up for the season. The book has all full color pictures this edition, good feature articles, really thorough section and state breakdowns, and no flinching on the predictions for individual players or teams (like EGF #1 in Class A).
Marty McSorely

Post by Marty McSorely »

It's nice book. Haven't looked at the whole thing but whoever picked Century to finish third in Section No One Cares (1AA) is nuts!
bsubeaver94

Any top 10 news

Post by bsubeaver94 »

I was expecting to have my book by Mon. and mail came today (wed) and still nothing.. Not sure how closely there info is held, obviously dont want to divulge too much but can anyone who has seen book share the AA top 10 at least.. I'm sure that will be public knowledge as discussion starts in a couple of days anyways. If not, thats OK too. Thanks.. I havent see a single pre-season Top 10 yet not even from the highly regarded and ususally timely Karl-nac the Magnificent and his eastern sealed mason jar :)[/i]
AverageHockeyJoe

The Bible

Post by AverageHockeyJoe »

Have purchased a copy every year it has come out. Quality continues to get better and better. I guess that is why the price is higher and higher.

Although this year, you better have your "readers" (reading glasses) handy for you older fellas... They put so much copy on every page, to keep the page count down, due to now being four color...

Top 10 AA for those who are waiting for their edition:

1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Burnsville
5. STA
6. Hill-Murray
7. Benilde
8. Eden Prairie
9. Elk River
10. Minnetonka
karl(east)

Re: Any top 10 news

Post by karl(east) »

bsubeaver94 wrote:I havent see a single pre-season Top 10 yet not even from the highly regarded and ususally timely Karl-nac the Magnificent and his eastern sealed mason jar :)
Patience, patience. They'll be out a week from today. :)

Also, for the record: while I wrote the article on East and made a few stray predictions, I had no input on their preseason rankings.
koolio

Post by koolio »

Finally got a chance to take a look at the Encyclopedia today. They certainly do a nice job with it aside from me having to put my reading glasses to good use to read the small print. I did notice a few glaring omissions from the Super 100 Seniors List IMHO including Hale (BSM), Murphy (Prior Lake), Zerban (Elk River), Gerads (Blaine).

Anyone else?
bsubeaver94

Post by bsubeaver94 »

koolio wrote:Finally got a chance to take a look at the Encyclopedia today. They certainly do a nice job with it aside from me having to put my reading glasses to good use to read the small print. I did notice a few glaring omissions from the Super 100 Seniors List IMHO including Hale (BSM), Murphy (Prior Lake), Zerban (Elk River), Gerads (Blaine).

Anyone else?
Wow if Hale isnt a top 100 Sr's then I dont know how much I would trust the rankings. Hale was tied for 12th in the Elite League and though the evaluators overlooked him a bit for the year end all-star teams (White & Red) by making him an alternate behind 24 other F's he's still a top 20 F in the state and I am the least of the BSM fans. He, along with Nass and Roo are main reason I had Benilde skirting Top 5 along with Edina, Blaine, Wayzata (watch out for a major letdown year though as my gut says they overperformed last year and I could easily see them behind EP) and Hill....bye bye Burny w/o Tyler..oh that's another topic - sorry..

Zerban is a little different with only 21pts last year for ER after leading team with 29 as Soph but still a top 100. Never heard what story was with him and Sitarz (Andover) & French (Hill 1st line C for most of yr) playing with Blades this fall rather than Elite League when Sitarz and Zerban both played Elite last year - Sitarz a call up played great but Zerban only had 8pts in 21 games which is weak for a Jr.

Jack Murphy has been underachieving too long now so I could see that one. 18pts last year for Lakers and only 3pts in 12 Elite League games this fall.. btw the guy from Western College Blog who rates Mn kids by class each year (not saying great scout) but consistent with lower rankings on Zerban & Murphy he had them way down at 50 & 54th rated Juniors last spring if my info is correct - so its not just one source seeing stock falling a bit on these two.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

bsubeaver94 wrote:
koolio wrote:Finally got a chance to take a look at the Encyclopedia today. They certainly do a nice job with it aside from me having to put my reading glasses to good use to read the small print. I did notice a few glaring omissions from the Super 100 Seniors List IMHO including Hale (BSM), Murphy (Prior Lake), Zerban (Elk River), Gerads (Blaine).

Anyone else?
Jack Murphy has been underachieving too long now so I could see that one. 18pts last year for Lakers and only 3pts in 12 Elite League games this fall.. btw the guy from Western College Blog who rates Mn kids by class each year (not saying great scout) but consistent with lower rankings on Zerban & Murphy he had them way down at 50 & 54th rated Juniors last spring if my info is correct - so its not just one source seeing stock falling a bit on these two.

I'm with koolio. Not to be critical, but IMHO leaving PL's Murphy completely off the top 100 senior list was a huge mistake/oversight. Murph made the MN HP national team for 96s this summer, was drafted by the USHL, and also played in a game this past weekend for the NAHL Magicians. There are obviously some coaches and scouts out there who are ranking him quite a bit higher than the bible staff does.

Having said that, still appreciate what the book has done; it's a great resource, and you know we like to debate this stuff anyway!
Sk8 Str8

Post by Sk8 Str8 »

OU, don’t you know the fastest way to college scholarship for your son is to come on the board with multiple user names (bsubeaver/Granttenn/WallyWorld/BogeyMan/??) to tout his points while simultaneously ripping other kids (by name)…Don’t forget to rip coaches that don’t put him on the right line or PP (oops, that thread got banned). You scour the Hub for statistics to prove your case, give us top ten lists when your son is on one, tell us size does not matter anymore…and make sure everybody, knows who is the best player on Hill Murray.

We are lucky to have these impartial hockey savant’s…otherwise we would be bored!
buttend

Re: The Bible

Post by buttend »

AverageHockeyJoe wrote:Top 10 AA for those who are waiting for their edition:

1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Burnsville
5. STA
6. Hill-Murray
7. Benilde
8. Eden Prairie
9. Elk River
10. Minnetonka
Burnsville is lower with Sheehy gone, Minnetonka is not a top 10 team this year.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Butt since we all want to be like Mike (or Karl) I'd add EP and ER should be in the top 6. STAA is probably to high with the turnover they had and questions at goalie similar to East. Centennial could replace both B'ville and Tonka. Also a top 10 ranking without a team from the true north doesn't seem right so East gets the nod since they always find a way and have a coach who gets it done. Looking forward to getting the puck rolling. :P
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

AverageHockeyJoe wrote:Have purchased a copy every year it has come out. Quality continues to get better and better. I guess that is why the price is higher and higher.

Although this year, you better have your "readers" (reading glasses) handy for you older fellas... They put so much copy on every page, to keep the page count down, due to now being four color...

1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Burnsville
5. STA
6. Hill-Murray
7. Benilde
8. Eden Prairie
9. Elk River
10. Minnetonka

Just in case some of us do care, do you have a top 10 for Class A?
What is a Green Wave anyway?
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

TTpuckster wrote:
AverageHockeyJoe wrote:Have purchased a copy every year it has come out. Quality continues to get better and better. I guess that is why the price is higher and higher.

1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Burnsville
5. STA
6. Hill-Murray
7. Benilde
8. Eden Prairie
9. Elk River
10. Minnetonka

TT, you'll love it! Our certain favorite team is #1
OU812

Post by OU812 »

TTpuckster wrote:

1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Burnsville
5. STA
6. Hill-Murray
7. Benilde
8. Eden Prairie
9. Elk River
10. Minnetonka

Since you ask this is the bible top 15 for Class A

1. East Grand Forks
2. Breck
3. Hermantown
4. Warroad
5. Duluth Marshall
6. Thief River Falls
7. Mankato West
8. Totino
9. Mahtomedi
10. St Cloud Cathedral
11. Blake