AA Preseason Rankings 2013-2014

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Maybe there not selling enough pull tabs or he didn't have a strong enough "Elite" season to get some help with the tuition. At least he wasn't on the cover of this years.... wait a minute! I do wish this kid the best if the rumors on this bored are true and it will be a blow to HM.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

What school district do his parents live in?
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

So, out of curiosity, in a situation similar to this, if a player gets CUT from their HS team, do the trasfer rules still apply?
Hockey922

Post by Hockey922 »

inthetwine wrote:What school district do his parents live in?

I believe South St. Paul
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Heard that Willie is actually still at H-M. Just not on the team. I believe it was someone else that went to Tartan.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

BodyShots wrote: Love it. :lol: NOT due before school starts, but when hockey tryouts begin.

Only in PIONEER land! :roll:
Almostashappy was asking and the answer is no. HM allows monthly payments spread over 10 months. Only in SSM land, I guess. Nice try there, BS.

Also - some accuracy about Willie Brown would be nice. Various posts have him going to Tartan, WBL, SSP & Juniors, quit the team, kicked off the team, in school and out of school.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

s st paul on monday. gone from hill school. will seek a financial exception for transfer rule. some drinking or tabacco situation which was against team school rules.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Drinking or tobacco is against any teams or schools rules. Perhaps we can start the "factual" debate elsewhere of one team maybe having harsher rules than another. For example: first time suspended per MSHSL rules and second time kicked off the team instead of MSHSL rule for 2nd time offense with missing more games. Think of it as a Lechner vs. Pauly policy battle of sorts with team variables (alcohol/chew, twitter ramblings, WHL weekend visits, star player or not, ect). Maybe SSP will be able to ignore the transfer and substance rules and get him on the ice since they are able to focus on bigger fish like getting the private school they couldn't beat in football out of the conference. I look forward to Karl's next rankings to see the impact on the originally #2 rated team but expect a dip.
netminder.net

Post by netminder.net »

Looks as though he played this past weekend for the Northern Lights of the MNJHL;

http://www.mnjhl.com/roster_players/391 ... son=114896

Sorry if this has already been posted
hondo98

Post by hondo98 »

Blaine versus STA scrimmage yesterday was a blow out going the Bengals way. Blaine is big and fast with 3 solid lines. The first line I would categorize as one of the tops in the State. They will be fun to watch this year.

On the other hand, STA looked typically small and fast but got pushed around in the corners by much bigger forwards and D. They will be physically dominated by larger teams.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

hondo98 wrote:Blaine versus STA scrimmage yesterday was a blow out going the Bengals way. Blaine is big and fast with 3 solid lines. The first line I would categorize as one of the tops in the State. They will be fun to watch this year.

On the other hand, STA looked typically small and fast but got pushed around in the corners by much bigger forwards and D. They will be physically dominated by larger teams.
I know what you are saying, but not always indicative of what the season will bring.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Blaine looked good this past weekend in scrimmages at SLP too.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Perhaps Blaine is near the top of the AA heap.

But STA will still have a quality team. I do not think anyone thought STA would not have some difficulty in the AA section and possibly state tournament.

And, I am not a fan of STA.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

elliott70 wrote:Perhaps Blaine is near the top of the AA heap.

But STA will still have a quality team. I do not think anyone thought STA would not have some difficulty in the AA section and possibly state tournament.

And, I am not a fan of STA.
Listen to the man, game recognize game.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

LPH's top 10:
1. Wayzata
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Hill
5. Eden Prairie
6. BSM
7. STA
8. Elk River
9. Burnsville
10. Duluth East
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Pretty sure Karl will have a new No. 1 team next week. :wink:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Pretty sure Karl will have a new No. 1 team next week. :wink:
Yeah, no new rankings til next Sunday, but if Edina keeps on playing the way they did tonight, I might have to take back what I said about there not being an obvious #1. Tonight, they were exactly that.
Tenoverpar

Post by Tenoverpar »

LOOKING BACK...Karl's PRESEASON rankings and comments were pretty good as a whole. Lakeville North obviously exceeded everyones expectations and Prior Lake, STA, BSM didn't...otherwise the preseason writeup is always fun to look back on
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

elliott70 wrote:
hondo98 wrote:Blaine versus STA scrimmage yesterday was a blow out going the Bengals way. Blaine is big and fast with 3 solid lines. The first line I would categorize as one of the tops in the State. They will be fun to watch this year.

I know what you are saying, but not always indicative of what the season will bring.

Yeah, despite looking better in the scrimmage and having a better overall record and having a better record with common opponents, folks here are still convinced otherwise...
nahc

Post by nahc »

Karl is all knowing!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet job Karl!