Nanne to NTDP?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HornetsFan

Nanne to NTDP?

Post by HornetsFan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm watching the replay of last nights NTDP @ U Michigan game from last night on FSNorth right now, and I noticed Tyler Nanne playing defense for the NTDP. Did he leave Edina? What's going on here, is he allowed to leave for a short period of time to play with the NTDP and then come back? Anyone who knows anything about this situation feel free to fill me in!

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm

He's a Nanne, so anything goes :wink:

Isn't he the same one, who didn't get selected for the 16/17 national camps outright, but then was able to go anyway ?

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:53 pm

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Maybe they can beat Elk River 8)

BP

Post by BP » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Look for him to commit to Michigan soon.

preferhockey

Post by preferhockey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Sorry, but many, many, many players probably better!

Lucky him in this case.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:55 pm

preferhockey wrote:Sorry, but many, many, many players probably better!

Lucky him in this case.
No need to be sorry about it.

JaginCake

Nanne

Post by JaginCake » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Great for Tyler Nanne if he gets his shot. Isn't Gersich his cousin as well?

Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Will be interesting to see how Edina fares now, blueline was definitely the weakness for that team.

nobama

Post by nobama » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 pm

the whole program has gone dysfunctional and the dirty politics are what the program has continually earned over it's lifespan. proof is in the pudding..

whose name keeps surfacing with all of this :idea:

above the law are we :roll:

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:36 pm

nobama wrote:the whole program has gone dysfunctional and the dirty politics are what the program has continually earned over it's lifespan. proof is in the pudding..

Silly guy.

Rules, laws, and taxes only apply to us little people. :lol:

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Hscout000 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Edina fares now, blueline was definitely the weakness for that team.
Yes, it WAS a weakness

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 pm

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Hscout000 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Edina fares now, blueline was definitely the weakness for that team.
Yes, it WAS a weakness
:)

JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:03 pm

nobama wrote:the whole program has gone dysfunctional and the dirty politics are what the program has continually earned over it's lifespan. proof is in the pudding..

Are we arguing that some Edina kids have more privilege than others? That's gold Jerry! Gold!
"I find tinsel distracting"

observer

Post by observer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 am

My question is are there 4-5 senior defensemen more deserving of playing a weekend with the NTDP?

Or, is this an add for the rest of the season?

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:58 am

It's who ya know not what ya know. You all should know that. You can't tell me none of you got a job ever cause you knew the manager or the boss was a family friend. It's called connections!! And apparently you guys for have any :)
And the nanne's do have some!!

All I will say is I absolutely love listening to Lou nanne on kfan. I wish he was the gm for any of our sporting teams. And yes I think he would do a better job then any of the current gm's.

nobama

Post by nobama » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:27 am

if you can't spell but poopah gets you to the spelling bee is that a good or a bad thing. :mrgreen:

NoExcuses

Post by NoExcuses » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:45 am

Tigers33 wrote:It's who ya know not what ya know. You all should know that. You can't tell me none of you got a job ever cause you knew the manager or the boss was a family friend. It's called connections!! And apparently you guys for have any :)

All I will say is I absolutely love listening to Lou nanne on kfan. I wish he was the gm for any of our sporting teams. And yes I think he would do a better job then any of the current gm's.

I agree..... lets see Cam Neely..NO, Tom Barrasso...NO, Who is this Yzerman guy...NO, LaFontaine...NO, Yes I know Brian Lawton

Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:58 pm

observer wrote:My question is are there 4-5 senior defensemen more deserving of playing a weekend with the NTDP?

I would assume for rest of year since according the the eligibility sheet is now ineligible to play High School hockey.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/publications ... igInfo.pdf

point 5 in checklist. Have not and will not compete in non-school events in my sport after reporting for the school team.

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Hscout000 wrote:
observer wrote:My question is are there 4-5 senior defensemen more deserving of playing a weekend with the NTDP?

I would assume for rest of year since according the the eligibility sheet is now ineligible to play High School hockey.

point 5 in checklist. Have not and will not compete in non-school events in my sport after reporting for the school team.
Not sure if it's written anywhere, but I believe they might make an exception when playing for your country. However, I don't know how recent your rule was implemented. I'm also not sure if the national team exception covers games other than international tournaments.

buttend

Post by buttend » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Hscout000 wrote:

I do not think rule is enforced if the team you go to temporarily is considered a US National Team for International tournaments..... Not sure about games vs college teams!

USHL, NAHL, MNJHL, MJHL= Ineligible

U18 Team USA = eligible

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:16 pm

There are exceptions:

E. Special Considerations:
1. National Teams and Olympic Development Programs
The MSHSL may permit participation by high school students on bona fide national teams or in Olympic development programs if:
a. The program is approved and supported by the national governing body of the sport or if there is an Olympic development program of training and competition.
b. Directly funded by a national governing body on a national level.
c. Authorized by a national governing body for athletes having potential for future national team participation.
Students who are invited to participate on National Teams or in Olympic Development Programs must contact their high school principal to obtain an application form. This must be completed at least thirty (30) days prior to participation.
2. During the school year, students who participate for their school in a sport may participate through training, try-out or competition on a National Team or in a United States Olympic Development Program provided the student receives an individual invitation from the United States Olympic Committee or the United States National Governing Body on the national level for that sport.
3. Students who have completed their eligibility in a sport are exempt from the non-school competition and training rules in that sport

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Tigers33 wrote:It's who ya know not what ya know. You all should know that. You can't tell me none of you got a job ever cause you knew the manager or the boss was a family friend. It's called connections!! And apparently you guys for have any :)

You sum it up well.... Now get off your knees and wipe off that cherry red Chapstick.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok, I'll tell ya.

I've never got a job per your listed criteria. :wink:

OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Hscout000 wrote:

Didn't Vanelli play a game or two last year and return to Tonka?