Edina Classic

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes the cake?

Edina
32%
Eden Prairie
25%
Elk River
32%
Grand Rapids
11%

Total votes: 44

sanryam

Post by sanryam »

edgeless2 wrote:So much for ER didn't look very elite to me
How do you figure? In my opinion, these teams matched up very evenly. Shots on goal were 31 29 ER, both goalies played pretty well and defense/penalty killing was exceptional on both sides. I thought it was a very competitive game. Or as EP coach Lee Smith put it, "very even-steven"
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Only saw the EP-ER game:

-Elk River I thought took it to EP in the 1st period.
-EP got better as the game went on.
-EP pretty much owned the 3rd.

Elk River is a good team. Works hard and seems to have a lot more talent than previous years in the classic. Can definitely play with the elite teams. I do think their ceiling isn't as high as Eden Prairie's though. EP seemed a little more skilled and you could tell that on the power play. I forget if EP's 1st goal was on the PP or not, but even if it wasn't, you could just tell the puck seemed to dance a little more on their PP.

Elk River is elite though. Both teams are elite. I think EP's goalie is underrated.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

sanryam wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:So much for ER didn't look very elite to me
How do you figure? In my opinion, these teams matched up very evenly. Shots on goal were 31 29 ER, both goalies played pretty well and defense/penalty killing was exceptional on both sides. I thought it was a very competitive game. Or as EP coach Lee Smith put it, "very even-steven"
Even Steven?? They were ranked #2 in the state and went ofer the weekend.