HDM 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HockeyFan_11

HDM 2015

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

Has anyone heard or seen on the internet where Hockey Day will be in 2015?
my2cents

HDM 2015

Post by my2cents »

I don't know, but Coon Rapids has a brand new outdoor rink that has refridgerated ice. They just played a HS game there.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Did see representatives from several possible bidders for HDM 2015 at the games in Elk River checking out the logistics. 1 Range town, a west metro town and a large central mn town among those I heard about.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

alcloseshaver wrote:Did see representatives from several possible bidders for HDM 2015 at the games in Elk River checking out the logistics. 1 Range town, a west metro town and a large central mn town among those I heard about.
Yep. Saint Cloud has been pretty open about their desire to host it in 2015.
stpaul

HDM

Post by stpaul »

My vote is for St. Paul on Harriet Island. Gorgeous setting and St. Paul has 3 sets of outdoor artificial ice equipment. They could move a set from Phalen, North Dale or the new one at Highland. How about a STA-HM and Johnson-Cretin double header held during the Winter Carnival. Top it off with the Wild at the X and fireworks over the river. I'm willing to give my ideas free to Mayor Coleman.
Last edited by stpaul on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thestickler07

Re: HDM

Post by thestickler07 »

stpaul wrote:My vote is for St. Paul on Harriet Island. Gorgeous setting and St. Paul has 3 sets of outdoor artificial ice equipment. They could move a set from Phalen, North Dale or the new one at Highland. How about a STA-HM and Johnson-Cretin double header held during the Winter Carnival.
That would be a pretty solid slate, although deciding who loses their home conference game for the matchup would be a heated discussion.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I've heard Eveleth.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Sats81 wrote:I've heard Eveleth.
Plenty of "pits" up there that would put the one in ER to shame! ;)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Access might be a problem. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
no doubt.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

Ill present my idea on this thread like i did HDM's current thread......Why not have it in the Duluth Harbor and East Vs Grand Rapids/Moorhead/Blaine and Renew the Hermantown/STA rivalry.....The setting of that harbor would be legendary!
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

alcloseshaver wrote:Did see representatives from several possible bidders for HDM 2015 at the games in Elk River checking out the logistics. 1 Range town, a west metro town and a large central mn town among those I heard about.
What, it's a double-top secret, and you'll turn to stone if you name the towns ? :roll:
BP

Post by BP »

stpaul wrote:My vote is for St. Paul on Harriet Island. Gorgeous setting and St. Paul has 3 sets of outdoor artificial ice equipment. They could move a set from Phalen, North Dale or the new one at Highland. How about a STA-HM and Johnson-Cretin double header held during the Winter Carnival. Top it off with the Wild at the X and fireworks over the river. I'm willing to give my ideas free to Mayor Coleman.
I love this idea, here would be my 3 games though:

STA-CDH
Hill-Prior Lake (PL will be stacked next year, Hill is every year)
Luverne-Warroad (both teams has some high end guys, if they return)
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

BobSaget wrote:
Golden Rats at SCSU.

Or is it only about one of the Minnesota D1 programs?
hawkhockey

Post by hawkhockey »

BobSaget wrote:
Any idea where they would play it in St. Cloud?
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

hawkhockey wrote:
BobSaget wrote:
Lake George? It's about 10 blocks from St. Cloud State and a block from St Cloud Tech High School. Good location.
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

Curious which of the 3 St. Cloud teams would participate in HDM if it did come to Lake George
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

BP wrote: I love this idea, here would be my 3 games though:

STA-CDH
The problem with HDM in St. Paul is finding a host team that is (a) good, and (b) willing to do all of the hard work needed to make it possible. St. Paul Johnson played in 2007 HDM and hosted the 2009 HDM. They haven't repeated hosts/locations yet, and public school hockey in St. Paul is in flux/decline. So that leaves the privates if you want Harriet Island. If Hill really has written off outdoor games after Moorhead, who does that leave...STAA? It's a community effort to host HDM, so problem with STAA is trying to figure out which community is behind them (or state, if they still have a Wisconsin kid on the roster) :wink:

It's FSN that gets to decide who plays, and here's their normal HDM format:

Game 1: Boys Undercard Game. Try to get a top-flight outstate A team against a midling-to-good metro AA team that has one or two top players that FSN can profile.

Game 2: Boys Marquee Game. Ideally, two powerhouse AA programs from different parts of the state, with one of the teams having done well in previous year's Tourney. AA State Champ gets first refusal rights? They love having an Up North AA team play this game, but how many times can they ask East/Rapids/Moorhead/CEC/Roseau?

Game 3: Girls game. Frankly, doesn't really matter since it's tape-delay.

The HDM host has to play in either Game 1 or Game 2. If it's at St. Cloud next year, the host school would play the early game (doesn't matter if it's Tech or Cathedral). I'll take your suggestion and propose...

Game 1: Cathedral/Tech vs. Prior Lake

I'll throw a bone to the Lakeville North fans and assume that they do well in the Tourney this year. If their underclassmen all return, they'd be a good pick for the second game. The FSN storyline could be "new" suburban program against "Classic" Northern team. That could be...

Game 2: Lakeville North vs. Roseau
GopherRock

Post by GopherRock »

hawkhockey wrote:
BobSaget wrote:
I thought I saw an article somewhere where the rink would be built at Dick Putz Field, the baseball field out at the MAC. However, I can no longer find the article.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

almostashappy wrote:
BP wrote: I love this idea, here would be my 3 games though:

STA-CDH
The problem with HDM in St. Paul is finding a host team that is (a) good, and (b) willing to do all of the hard work needed to make it possible. St. Paul Johnson played in 2007 HDM and hosted the 2009 HDM. They haven't repeated hosts/locations yet, and public school hockey in St. Paul is in flux/decline. So that leaves the privates if you want Harriet Island. If Hill really has written off outdoor games after Moorhead, who does that leave...STAA? It's a community effort to host HDM, so problem with STAA is trying to figure out which community is behind them (or state, if they still have a Wisconsin kid on the roster) :wink:

It's FSN that gets to decide who plays, and here's their normal HDM format:

Game 1: Boys Undercard Game. Try to get a top-flight outstate A team against a midling-to-good metro AA team that has one or two top players that FSN can profile.

Game 2: Boys Marquee Game. Ideally, two powerhouse AA programs from different parts of the state, with one of the teams having done well in previous year's Tourney. AA State Champ gets first refusal rights? They love having an Up North AA team play this game, but how many times can they ask East/Rapids/Moorhead/CEC/Roseau?

Game 3: Girls game. Frankly, doesn't really matter since it's tape-delay.

The HDM host has to play in either Game 1 or Game 2. If it's at St. Cloud next year, the host school would play the early game (doesn't matter if it's Tech or Cathedral). I'll take your suggestion and propose...

Game 1: Cathedral/Tech vs. Prior Lake

I'll throw a bone to the Lakeville North fans and assume that they do well in the Tourney this year. If their underclassmen all return, they'd be a good pick for the second game. The FSN storyline could be "new" suburban program against "Classic" Northern team. That could be...

Game 2: Lakeville North vs. Roseau
Good idea! SPA is another up and coming team and could certainly help fund a Harriet Island hockey day.

SPA vs. Warroad/EGF/TRF
Lakeville North vs. Wayzata

SSP would also be interesting if they'd be willing to turn their football stadium into a hockey rink.

SSP vs. International Falls or Rochester JM
STA vs. Duluth East
The Talon

Post by The Talon »

Dick Putz? If its in central MN, I'd have it at clemens stadium at SJU---
that would be a cool setting.......
hawkhockey

Post by hawkhockey »

bardown27 wrote:
hawkhockey wrote:
BobSaget wrote: Yep. Saint Cloud has been pretty open about their desire to host it in 2015.
Lake George? It's about 10 blocks from St. Cloud State and a block from St Cloud Tech High School. Good location.
That was my first thought but that just seems like a disaster. playing at the SJU football field would be pretty cool.