Mark Loahr joins 500 Club!!!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mr Hockey

Mark Loahr joins 500 Club!!!

Post by Mr Hockey »

Congratulations to Totino Grace's Mark Loahr on winning his 500th game last night versus the number one ranked Breck Mustangs!!! Great coach and a great man!!! Way to go Coach Loahr!!!
fastncrash

Re: Mark Loahr joins 500 Club!!!

Post by fastncrash »

Mr Hockey wrote:Congratulations to Totino Grace's Mark Loahr on winning his 500th game last night versus the number one ranked Breck Mustangs!!! Great coach and a great man!!! Way to go Coach Loahr!!!
Who has Breck ranked #1?.... Congrats on the win for sure, just wondering on the ranking statement.
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

[quote="Mr Hockey"]Congratulations to Totino Grace's Mark Loahr on winning his 500th game last night versus the number one ranked Breck Mustangs!!! Great coach and a great man!!! Way to go Coach Loahr!!![/quote]

I give the credit to his assistant coaches and the talent poll that he recruits from. Mark Loahr is far from a great coach. How many D1 players has he developed?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Congrats! Great accomplishment and even more amazing to come in a great win.
fastncrash wrote:Who has Breck ranked #1?
They are #1 in LPH's last ranking.
GolfGuy7900

Post by GolfGuy7900 »

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
Mr Hockey wrote:Congratulations to Totino Grace's Mark Loahr on winning his 500th game last night versus the number one ranked Breck Mustangs!!! Great coach and a great man!!! Way to go Coach Loahr!!!
I give the credit to his assistant coaches and the talent poll that he recruits from. Mark Loahr is far from a great coach. How many D1 players has he developed?
How many D1 players have his assistant coaches developed? 500 wins is an accomplishment.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Congrats! Great accomplishment and even more amazing to come in a great win.
fastncrash wrote:Who has Breck ranked #1?
They are #1 in LPH's last ranking.
Oh. That's why I wasn't aware. I don't read Tabloids.

Taking nothing away from Breck, great team. And I don't care who you are, 500's an accomplishment. Credit where due.
HShockeyupnorth

Post by HShockeyupnorth »

Mark is a great man and great coach. He is example of what's right about HS athletics. Not self-centered like some.

And yes 500 is a great accomplishment.

Brutal post Maroon and Gold.
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

[quote="HShockeyupnorth"]Mark is a great man and great coach. He is example of what's right about HS athletics. Not self-centered like some.

Brutal post Maroon and Gold.[/quote]

Thanks I will take that as a positive. I never said 500 was not a great accomplishment. I do not give Mark Loahr the same Kudos I would give other coaches. I do not feel the same as you about the guy and I have every right to be able to speak my mind just like you do.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

HShockeyupnorth wrote:Mark is a great man and great coach. He is example of what's right about HS athletics. Not self-centered like some.

Brutal post Maroon and Gold.
Thanks I will take that as a positive. I never said 500 was not a great accomplishment. I do not give Mark Loahr the same Kudos I would give other coaches. I do not feel the same as you about the guy and I have every right to be able to speak my mind just like you do.
How about a simple congrats?
terrymoore1717

Post by terrymoore1717 »

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

Way to go Coach!
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

The talent pool he recruits from? (Except I spelled it correctly.)
It's the same pool for every (metro private) school. Give the guy credit if he and his program can pull the elite players.

I like this story mostly because a coach stayed with a team for 500 games let alone 500 wins. The turnover in a lot of programs make this accomplishment pretty great.
justhavefun

Post by justhavefun »

regardless of how some may think he picks his team, or recruits or what ever. the original Post was a Congratulations on 500 wins. thats a lot of hockey, a dedication and an accomplishment. just a guess, but i would think over 50% of todays high school coaches are far from having close to 500 Games let alone wins.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Clearly you didn't read my entire post.
justhavefun

Post by justhavefun »

my response was not about your post. all I am stating is "someone" posts about Wins, then "someone else" takes and turns it into ass'ts / players and states comments that he is far from a good coach.

I do not know the guy, can't tell you anything about him. all i can say is what is reported as an accomplishment. thats a big number, and I was congratulating for that accomplishment.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

500 is a big number of wins. Congratulations seem in order along with kudos on attracting the players and parents to avoid negative publicity. To make it that long in a single program and school administration clearly seems uncommon these days. Can't recall the last time I heard about a Breck kid leaving early mid-season for the USHL, visiting the dub team, or having a kid booted from the team for violating team rules with over active twitter ramblings but it does make this forum kind of boring with not much to rant about. Anybody know where you can get an active and all time list of most tenured coaches with a single school along with wins?