Class A Rankings 1-26-14

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who should be the top seed in section 4A?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 am

Mahtomedi Zephyrs
37%
St Paul Academy Spartans
11%
Totino-Grace Eagles
53%

Total votes: 19

Crimson Live

Post by Crimson Live » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Warroad 4-3 over Roseau. Now lets see if they can come up with another win Saturday when they host EGF

25 sheet power

Re: Class A Rankings 1-26-14

Post by 25 sheet power » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

hockey9011 wrote:
frozenponds wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:

Teams to Watch

Kittson Central (13-3-1)

While the Bearcats probably won’t score too many goals in the semifinals, it looks like they may get there. I do not expect them to score much on Thursday, but they have already beaten Crookston and winning on Saturday should secure the 4 seed in section 8A. Kittson Central is top 5 Class A in goals scored, goal allowed and goal differential.
This week: Mon @ Crookston, Thurs vs East Grand Forks, Sat vs Park Rapids

Park Rapids (11-3-3)
Not a team that is likely to make any noise, they have a good shot at being a top 4 seed in section 8A. With 3 of their skaters with 15 or more points not seniors, it’ll be interesting to see if they can continue the winning into future seasons.
The teams to watch in Section 8 having a hard time with Crookston. Not sure how PR can be a team to watch with ties with Greeenway and Red Lake falls and KCC losses to Detroit Lakes and Lake of the Woods. Crookston might not have the record but a dangerous team with Heppner on all full cylinders and a netminder that can be there for them. With that said, I think the top 6 teams in the tough section 8 could handle some of those #1 seeds in the south.
Yeah I agree that counting out Crookston would be a mistake. It would have been a sight to see if all of there players had stayed to play for them.. Paul bittner, Zach yon, and that EGF defenseman are all from Crookston. If those 3 had stayed, I think they would have been the favorites in 8A
Yons in Roso and they dont have imports, so no. nice try trying to claim him though.

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 pm

What do you mean? Yon played for Crookston till Peewees when he left and moved to Roseau and won the VFW state championship when he got there

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 pm

How? Roseau is home grown hockey only! Warroad on the other hand...

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 pm

25 sheet power wrote:How? Roseau is home grown hockey only! Warroad on the other hand...

Look it up if you don't believe me. He played for Crookston growing up

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 am

hockey9011 wrote:
25 sheet power wrote:How? Roseau is home grown hockey only! Warroad on the other hand...

Look it up if you don't believe me. He played for Crookston growing up

how would he get on the team? rosaeu wouldnt let him play. Whats next you going to tell me Cole Bjugson is a import too?

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah, just ask anyone in Roseau. No player has ever laced up the skates for the Rams who hasn't been born, raised, and spent their entire life there.

Yon got there in PeeWee's but everyone in Roseau has selective amnesia when you ask about that.

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:59 am

Maybe the Ram faithful can help me with this, I'm putting the pieces together but I would like to hear their explanation.

http://beta.inforum.com/event/article/id/232697/

So if I'm reading this right Dave Bjugson won the ND State Title as the Fargo North Girls coach in 2009 but stepped down to pursue other "challenges in coaching". See link above.

Could these challenges be becoming an assistant coach in Roseau?
Convenient that he had a son who was a pretty good player as well?
See link below.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/20 ... ason=27330

So I guess according to Yon moving to Roseau in PeeWee or Bantams is all the way up in youth hockey.

“We move the puck so well together,” agreed Yon. “We’ve been playing all the way up since youth hockey, so we know where each other is all the time.” See link below.

http://www.roseauhockeyonline.com/news_ ... _id=381467

Isn't it great the information that you can find on the Internet? Funny all we hear about is Sylvester, Roth, and Bethune in Warroad and where they came from. Last time I checked they all played Bantams in Warroad. So I guess if you asked Yon this is considered all the way up. Or is this just the standard that they use in Roseau and Warroad is held to a different one?

I could care less where everyone is born and raised, it really shouldn't take away from their hockey abilities or the place that they play.

But until Roseau (pot) keeps calling Warroad (kettle) black, or continues to throw stones while they live in their glass houses it will never end.
Last edited by Hockeylogger on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:10 am

I feel terrible for the Roseau team and players, they have a very good team this year and have a very good chance of making it to the state tournament.

Once this information gets out these players will have to turn it their jerseys and no longer play for the Rams. This will definitely be tough for the team to overcome.

But rules are rules and according to everyone in Roseau they would rather not have these players play for them to maintain the purity that is Roseau "homegrown" talent.

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:42 am

http://kroxam.com/kroxam/Sports_Feever.htm
I know this link is to an extremely long post but if you scroll halfway down, you will find talk of Crookston squirt hockey. It will talk about how Yon, Heppner, and Cameron all made the same super series team from crookston.

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:15 am

Can't be true, Frank Fee must be a liar and got Yon mixed up with someone else.

Go to the rink and ask anyone, they might even have the rule posted somewhere. Roseau would never play anyone who wasn't born there and played every game of their life in a Roseau jersey.

I'm guessing Roseau will now no longer recognize the PeeWee and Bantam State Championships that they won because they are now tarnished because of these players.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 am

Take the Roseau stuff to another thread. This one pertains to Class A. Last time I checked, Roseau is AA.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:52 am

How much more of a favorite would Totino Grace have been this year with Roo? Anybody know the reason why he left?