Section 4AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

hockeysocks wrote:Wbl looks to be hitting their stride at the right time... they'll be a tough out for hill this year. Anyone saying tartan should be seeded ahead of mv has a screw loose. No argument can be made to support that, tartan has no quality wins in the section and they lost to mv. MV has wins over stillwater, wbl and tartan in section play, tartan has nothing close to that to put on their resume. No matter, this will come down to wbl or hill.
I smell an early upset of Hill, but don't ask me why!
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

No surprise here on the Seedings.

1. Hill-Murray
2. WBL
3. Stillwater
4. Roseville
5. Mounds View
6. Tartan
7. NSP
8. Irondale
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Hill over Irondale
WB over North
Stillwater over Tartan
Roseville over Moundsview

Hill over Roseville 4-1
WB over Stillwater 5-2

Hill over WB 5-3 (en)
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

4AA Play-Off Predictions

Quarter-Finals
(1)Hill-Murray 11 over (8)Irondale 0
(5)Mounds View 3 over (4)Roseville 2
(3)Stillwater 6 over (6)Tartan 3
(2)White Bear Lake 5 over (7)North St. Paul 2

Semi-Finals
(1)Hill-Murray 5 over (5)Mounds View 1
(2)White Bear Lake 4 over (3) Stillwater 1

Finals
(2)White Bear Lake 2 over (1)Hill-Murray 1 (3 O.T.)
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

inthetwine wrote:I smell an early upset of Hill, but don't ask me why!
Why?
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

Playoff prediction

Quarterfinals:
Irondale (4) Hill-Murray (0)
White Bear Lake (6) North St. Paul (3)
Stillwater (3) Tartan (0)
Mounds View (7) Roseville (6) (OT)

Semifinals:
Irondale (5) Mounds View (0)
White Bear Lake (4) Stillwater (1)

Final:
White Bear Lake (1) Irondale (0) - An anonymous tipster sends proof to the MSHSL, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, the Kontinental Hockey League, and United States Border Patrol that Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod Goaltender Georgy Gelashvili has been the starting goaltender for Irondale in their two section games. Gelashvili played under the pseudonym Иван Драго and led Irondale to the Final before it was discovered. Gelashvili is immediately deported, and Irondale is forced to forfeit the Section Final. Hill-Murray and Mounds View want the Section to be replayed, but the MSHSL's bylaws prevent that and White Bear Lake is granted a state tournament berth. White Bear Lake agrees to an exhibition match with Hill-Murray at the Coliseum for one last hurrah, however it is cancelled after the Coliseum's refrigeration system breaks down.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

stpaul wrote:
inthetwine wrote:I smell an early upset of Hill, but don't ask me why!
Why?
Wishful thinking.

Every year a few say this. Sooner or later, someone is right.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Hill-Murray has only been eliminated in the quarterfinals once, by North St. Paul. White Bear has more to worry about than Hill-Murray does. North St. Paul had White Bear on the ropes last year until they took a bunch of bad penalties in the third period. In recent years White Bear has had some difficulty in the QF (remember Johnson?).
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

HM definitely not as CLEARLY dominate this season. But as anyone who has watched them this year can attest they can come out and put together periods that are dominating. If they can put enough together they are a contender vs anyone and could "easily win."

And Zach... Too soon buddy. Too soon.
Last edited by Nevertoomuchhockey on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

greenway1969 wrote:Hill-Murray has only been eliminated in the quarterfinals once, by North St. Paul.
Uh, yeah, thanks for the reminder.
Goalie-Dad

Post by Goalie-Dad »

ZachHalverson wrote:Playoff prediction

Final:
White Bear Lake (1) Irondale (0) - An anonymous tipster sends proof to the MSHSL, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, the Kontinental Hockey League, and United States Border Patrol that Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod Goaltender Georgy Gelashvili has been the starting goaltender for Irondale in their two section games. Gelashvili played under the pseudonym Иван Драго and led Irondale to the Final before it was discovered. Gelashvili is immediately deported, and Irondale is forced to forfeit the Section Final. Hill-Murray and Mounds View want the Section to be replayed, but the MSHSL's bylaws prevent that and White Bear Lake is granted a state tournament berth. White Bear Lake agrees to an exhibition match with Hill-Murray at the Coliseum for one last hurrah, however it is cancelled after the Coliseum's refrigeration system breaks down.
Great post!!
Thanks ZachHalverson
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I think another HM WBL final will happen. Should be a good one. HM in a 4-3 emotion filled final hurrah at colesium.
Miracle On Ice

Post by Miracle On Ice »

4AA Play-Off Predictions

Quarter-Finals
(1)East Metro Allstars 9 over (8)Irondale 0
(5)Mounds View 4 over (4)Roseville 2
(3)Stillwater 5 over (6)Tartan 2
(2)White Bear Lake 5 over (7)North St. Paul 3

Semi-Finals
(1)East Metro Allstars 3 over (5)Mounds View 1
(2)White Bear Lake 3 over (3) Stillwater 1

Finals
(2)White Bear Lake 5 over (1)East Metro Allstars 4 (O.T.)
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

Since you all are so interested in the Section 4AA, I'd figure I'd let you know that the 2011 Final will be streamed on The Horn tonight. So if you missed this game or you want to relive the excitement and drama, point your browsers to http://TheHornWBL.com tonight at 7:30.
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

ZachHalverson wrote:Since you all are so interested in the Section 4AA, I'd figure I'd let you know that the 2011 Final will be streamed on The Horn tonight. So if you missed this game or you want to relive the excitement and drama, point your browsers to http://TheHornWBL.com tonight at 7:30.
What about the 18 Hill-Murray victories over WBL since 2005. Any plans to stream those games to relive the excitement and drama.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

stpaul wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:Since you all are so interested in the Section 4AA, I'd figure I'd let you know that the 2011 Final will be streamed on The Horn tonight. So if you missed this game or you want to relive the excitement and drama, point your browsers to http://TheHornWBL.com tonight at 7:30.
What about the 18 Hill-Murray victories over WBL since 2005. Any plans to stream those games to relive the excitement and drama.
the horn is not from the" Hill community", maybe you can recruit you're own.
hockeymachine

Post by hockeymachine »

I have an idea, 'St.Paul', dont watch it if you dont wanna see your mighty Pioneers fall in the '11 game.

HM only wishes they had the support of the school and the community that WBL does, HORN included....oh wait..what community?
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

I'll check it out I suppose. If you ignore history you are bound to repeat it :lol:

Zach you do a great job representing white bear lake. Really cool. Keep up the good work. I've popped onto the horn to check out a few games this year. Crystal clear, even on my iPhone.

Hill has a vibrant and active community. Many thousands that support the team. It's not as large a base as WBL but we're proud to call ourselves Pioneers.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
GreekChurch

Post by GreekChurch »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:I'll check it out I suppose. If you ignore history you are bound to repeat it :lol:

Zach you do a great job representing white bear lake. Really cool. Keep up the good work. I've popped onto the horn to check out a few games this year. Crystal clear, even on my iPhone.

Hill has a vibrant and active community. Many thousands that support the team. It's not as large a base as WBL but we're proud to call ourselves Pioneers.

Yeah, what he said :D
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

stpaul wrote: What about the 18 Hill-Murray victories over WBL since 2005. Any plans to stream those games to relive the excitement and drama.
You must be new to Minnesota high school hockey. That's OK! Just let me fill you in on some things!

Hill-Murray is White Bear Lake's biggest rival! I mean, these teams HATE each other! As you can see when you visit http://TheHornWBL.com, The Horn is a White Bear Lake sports website, not Hill-Murray! So putting a Hill-Murray victory on a White Bear Lake website just doesn't make sense!

Let me know if you have any other questions about Minnesota High School Hockey! I'm glad you found it!
BlueLineSpecial wrote: I'll check it out I suppose. If you ignore history you are bound to repeat it Laughing

Thank you and please stop making me like and respect Hill-Murryans (Hill-Murrayites?), especially at this time of year. This is a rivalry, dang it!
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

ZachHalverson wrote:
stpaul wrote: What about the 18 Hill-Murray victories over WBL since 2005. Any plans to stream those games to relive the excitement and drama.
You must be new to Minnesota high school hockey. That's OK! Just let me fill you in on some things!
Apparently they don't practice the fine art of sarcasm in White Bear Lake.

I am really looking forward to one more HM-WBL section final at the Coliseum in 9 days. See you there.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

stpaul wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:

I am really looking forward to one more HM-WBL section final at the Coliseum in 9 days. See you there.
I'd rather see Tartan.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

stpaul wrote:
the horn is not from the" Hill community", maybe you can recruit you're own.
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

stpaul wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:
The irony here is unfathomable...
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Sparlimb wrote:
stpaul wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote: You must be new to Minnesota high school hockey. That's OK! Just let me fill you in on some things!

I'd rather see Tartan.
I'd rather see Irondale Vs. NSP in the finals