8AA Playoffs

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Yon scores. 4-3 Roseau. 3:23 left in the 2nd.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Spuds tie it up with another power play goal. 4-4. Moorhead is 3-for-3 on the powerplay.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Wow, tie lasted just a few seconds before Rams take 5-4 lead with 2:11 left in the period
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

warriors41 wrote:Just started listening to the game. Tied up at 3 right now. Sounds like Moorhead has scored 2 PP goals.
4-4 now Spuds 3-3 on PP and before I could finish this the Rams went up 5-4 at the 1:51 mark of the 2nd.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Period ends with the 5-4 score for Roseau. Sounds like a heck of back-and-forth game. Of course, these two teams hardly disappoint.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Sats81 wrote:Roseau Moorhead is gonna be a dogfight. I think Rams get a close one in OT 4-3.
Good prediction - sounds like a barn burner !

Wish I could be there.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

warriors41 wrote:Period ends with the 5-4 score for Roseau. Sounds like a heck of back-and-forth game. Of course, these two teams hardly disappoint.
Rams need to stay out of the box and keep up the physical play. Should be a great 3rd.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Yon gets his hat trick. Roseau leads 6-4.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Rams lead 7-4 with under a minute. Scored a short handed empty netter to pretty much ice the game. Good luck to the Rams at the X!
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Oh well - our turn next year. Good luck to da Sheep next week - will be rootin' for 'ya !
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Period ends with the 5-4 score for Roseau. Sounds like a heck of back-and-forth game. Of course, these two teams hardly disappoint.
Rams need to stay out of the box and keep up the physical play. Should be a great 3rd.
The Rams have punched their ticket to the X. Yons hat trick and overall play
At times makes him look like a man amongst boys.
The Fighting Sioux are getting one heck of a player.oh yea that's North Dakota.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
The Fighting WHO ?

Oh yeah - Sue
Puckstper

Post by Puckstper »

Congrats to Roseau
It's hard to believe they almost lost in the quarters to river lakes and by the score managed well against Bemidji n Moorhead
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
Congrats to the Rams! Heck of a playoff run for Roseau's Yon. 3 Games, 3 GWG's. Will be fun to watch Yon, Strand and Co. at the X. This team could make some noise in St. Paul next week.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Puckstper wrote:Congrats to Roseau
It's hard to believe they almost lost in the quarters to river lakes and by the score managed well against Bemidji n Moorhead
They'll hafta play a WHOLE LOT better than they did against River Lakes 'cause they'll be up against much better teams than the Jacks & the Taters !
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Vapor wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote: Rams need to stay out of the box and keep up the physical play. Should be a great 3rd.
Congrats to the Rams! Heck of a playoff run for Roseau's Yon. 3 Games, 3 GWG's. Will be fun to watch Yon, Strand and Co. at the X. This team could make some noise in St. Paul next week.
I'm not expecting much noise from them actually.

Usually need more depth, at the state games.
hipcheck

they will be there

Post by hipcheck »

Rams are simply the best in Section 8AA this year.

The rest of the tournament entries should be hoping to draw them in the 1st round, as at best they are a top 15 team.

That being said, they have some very good talent and will be nice to see how they stack up.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Congrats to the Rams. It sounded like an entertaining game on the radio, especially that crazy 2nd period when 8 goals were scored. I'm a little worried for the Rams at the state tourney though. They let River Lakes stay way too close with them and if the Spuds can score 4 goals on them (Spuds are NOT a high-scoring team), they'll need to score a lot to win, whoever they play at the X.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:Congrats to the Rams. It sounded like an entertaining game on the radio, especially that crazy 2nd period when 8 goals were scored. I'm a little worried for the Rams at the state tourney though. They let River Lakes stay way too close with them and if the Spuds can score 4 goals on them (Spuds are NOT a high-scoring team), they'll need to score a lot to win, whoever they play at the X.
Well, to be fair, three of the spud goals were pp goals.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

puckbreath wrote:
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:Congrats to the Rams. It sounded like an entertaining game on the radio, especially that crazy 2nd period when 8 goals were scored. I'm a little worried for the Rams at the state tourney though. They let River Lakes stay way too close with them and if the Spuds can score 4 goals on them (Spuds are NOT a high-scoring team), they'll need to score a lot to win, whoever they play at the X.
Which means Roseau was taking a lot of penalties. The Spuds' power play hasn't been that deadly all year. That won't fare well against better competition at the X either.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Which means Roseau was taking a lot of penalties. The Spuds' power play hasn't been that deadly all year. That won't fare well against better competition at the X either.
Yeah, they better be working on that pk, that's for sure.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Any opinion on the Rams compared to high caliber talent? I was thinking they have a chance if they can get seven by Dittmer.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:Any opinion on the Rams compared to high caliber talent? I was thinking they have a chance if they can get seven by Dittmer.
Dittmer has a habit of being really good, or really bad, on any given game.

No in between usually.

Personally, I don't expect much from them.

They're very much a one line team, and have an, at best, average defense, though the goalie is good.

Never know what will happen, but odds are against them.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

But. in spite of all this talkin' and analyzing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'll be in front of the TV, cheering for 'em !
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:Any opinion on the Rams compared to high caliber talent? I was thinking they have a chance if they can get seven by Dittmer.
They didn't - he wasn't in there for the last one.