what?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

50/50

what?

Post by 50/50 »

huh?
Last edited by 50/50 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

I'd check the transfer policy regarding moving your residence from one side of town to the other. Meet with the school district for their ruling. Then consult with an attorney to confirm.

Then rent so you can move to the other side of town with 30 day notice.

Keep attorney on retainer.

Oh, both Mankato schools play at the single A level and have very weak season schedules in the Big 9.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

I sent you a PM with some info.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

Don't worry about transfer rules & attorney's. You're moving to the school district so it won't apply.

West is almost always better than East. Here's the most recent box score.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/54 ... rer=889226

In fairness, West has a lot of seniors this year so next year will, in theory, be different. New Prague and Rochester Lourdes will make it tough for any Mankato team to come out of 1A after this year. I'd say move to a neighborhood and school system you like.

Is the Jr your only hockey player? I'm not sure what the youth programs have, and East has a little better girls program, if you have daughters.
maverickhockey7

Post by maverickhockey7 »

FWIW, Mankato West has beaten Mankato East 17 straight times dating back to 2006.
12thgraders

Post by 12thgraders »

maverickhockey7 wrote:FWIW, Mankato West has beaten Mankato East 17 straight times dating back to 2006.
All streaks come to an end sometime!
50/50

thanks!

Post by 50/50 »

Thanks for all of the private messages. Mankato people are very friendly! Will make the move much easier I think!

Appreciate all of the comments, but it's not making the decision any easier.
Katokid29

Post by Katokid29 »

Your best bet is to go to the west side. After this senior group passes, they still have a couple kids, such as their goalie and also Tyler Loe, leiverman, Klemme, and other notable mankato names. As for east, give them 3-5 years and you'll see them at the state tournament. Bantams and down are filled with east players now, as opposed to the last 7 years when it was heavy in west kids. I also know that east's coach isn't the most liked guy by players. And west's coaching system has been pretty solid for a while now. Your choice though! I am somewhat bias towards west but that's just my personal preference.
Katokid29

Post by Katokid29 »

If you're going straight off of coaching, I would hands down, no questions asked go to the west side. The senior class for west played for east's coach their last year of bantams and none of them were a fan of him. I personally do not know one person who would pick Adam Fries as a coach over Curtis Doell. Not a single person. Again, not trying to be biased by any means, however, the coaching category is heavily favored to west
justlivin

Post by justlivin »

Katokid29 wrote:If you're going straight off of coaching, I would hands down, no questions asked go to the west side. The senior class for west played for east's coach their last year of bantams and none of them were a fan of him. I personally do not know one person who would pick Adam Fries as a coach over Curtis Doell. Not a single person. Again, not trying to be biased by any means, however, the coaching category is heavily favored to west
I would disagree strongly to his comment
Adam fries has a passion for hockey and expects the very most from his players. Just look at Easts record from this year and years past. I have watched West hockey for the last 5+ years and have yet see a West team improve as the season progresses. If you want your son be rewarded on work ethic on and off the ice during the season and off season and not on imposed entitlement I strongly recommend moving to the East side if town.
maverickhockey7

justlivin wrote:
Katokid29 wrote:If you're going straight off of coaching, I would hands down, no questions asked go to the west side. The senior class for west played for east's coach their last year of bantams and none of them were a fan of him. I personally do not know one person who would pick Adam Fries as a coach over Curtis Doell. Not a single person. Again, not trying to be biased by any means, however, the coaching category is heavily favored to west
Adam fries has a passion for hockey and expects the very most from his players. Just look at Easts record from this year and years past. I have watched West hockey for the last 5+ years and have yet see a West team improve as the season progresses. If you want your son be rewarded on work ethic on and off the ice during the season and off season and not on imposed entitlement I strongly recommend moving to the East side if town.
Angry player? Parent? JV kid or never saw much ice? I don't know a coach at any competitive level that wouldn't play the guys who gives there teams the best chance to win. Entitlement doesn't give you wins, hard work does. Your logic is flawed and it's interesting to see people all over this forum bash the people who work hard to make their kids good young men while winning hockey games. It's sad, really.
justlivin

Post by justlivin »

maverickhockey7 wrote:
justlivin wrote:
Angry player? Parent? JV kid or never saw much ice? I don't know a coach at any competitive level that wouldn't play the guys who gives there teams the best chance to win. Entitlement doesn't give you wins, hard work does. Your logic is flawed and it's interesting to see people all over this forum bash the people who work hard to make their kids good young men while winning hockey games. It's sad, really.
Let me guess happy parent that everyone knows your screen name so tonight you started a new post name i.e. Joined tonight. Are you an entitlement parent?
aspartame

Post by aspartame »

justlivin wrote:
maverickhockey7 wrote:
justlivin wrote: I would disagree strongly to his comment
Let me guess happy parent that everyone knows your screen name so tonight you started a new post name i.e. Joined tonight. Are you an entitlement parent?
Justlivin, I don't know what you have been watching the past 5+ years. Here are the past four years for team record for West.

09-10 10-13-1
10-11 15-7-3
11-12 12-12-1
12-13 20-5-0
13-14 23-2-09

This seems like pretty steady improvement over the years. The only hiccups that happen are the years when a new group of guys come into the system after losing a good number of seniors. So for the group that is playing for west right now has added more wins to their season each of the past three years. Once again that means there is improvement happening there.
Justlivin' next time you start going after a coach via the internet how about you check some of your info before posting about entitlement and all that B.S. you brought along with it.
maverickhockey7

justlivin wrote:
maverickhockey7 wrote:
justlivin wrote: I would disagree strongly to his comment
I joined earlier yesterday to help give advice to a parent wondering about Mankato's hockey. I'm a parent in the youth association, without any high school kids yet. Your comment was comical to me, so I replied. Your post is off base not just about this particular school, but about any program anywhere. Coaches want to win. They play the players who give them the best chance to do that. There is not entitlement involved.

It appears you are indeed a parent. It's unfortunate that you decided to use this as a public forum to show frustration and bash the coach of your son. If you have a problem, man up and talk to the person rather than hide behind a computer screen, coward.

This thread is a tad bit disappointing to me. I hope some information and the PMs have been helpful, but why the need to bash two guys and their staffs who work very hard to make 14-18 year olds the best hockey players and men that they can be? West has consistently been better as of late, but East now has a coach who truly cares about its program and competing. I'd be happy with both guys leading my kids, as they do things the right way and care about putting Mankato hockey on the map.