4AA SEMIFINALS #4 ROSEVILLE VS #1 HILL-MURRAY

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SUBURBAN EAST AGAINST CLASSIC SUBURBAN

Poll ended at Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 pm

ROSEVILLE
25%
HILL-MURRAY
75%

Total votes: 28

DelanoHockey55

Post by DelanoHockey55 »

Roseville 3-0 with an empty netter! :-({|=
pioneers

Re: HM

Post by pioneers »

stpaul wrote:
mnhockfan99 wrote:I'm gonna get skewered here but I know quite a few of the HM players from recent years, I've found them to be great kids from great families. Having a relative just finish playing HS last weekend at a public school with a 'two hour a day coach' who taught him nothing in three years and had no goals or standards for the program, I can't argue with kids who want better.
Thank you. This is the truth. Bill Lechner (boys hockey & baseball), Bill Schafhauser (girls hockey), Erin Herman (girls basketball) and Dick Ghizone (boys basketball) and most of the coaches at Hill-Murray are there and in the school building full-time. This also goes for band & theatre kids and their directors. The school is small enough (800 or so in 6 grades) that they know everbody. They interact with the kids during the day and all year. They are great role models. Kids know they better be at school, behaving and doing well in class to play. I don't think you have to get skewered for saying this out loud but agree you probably will.
FYI Bill has retired from coaching the baseball team.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

Sats81 wrote:Hill 5-1
Nailed it!
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

mnhockfan99 wrote:I like HM by a couple but the Roseville G has had an excellent year and in one game type of playoffs goaltending is as big a factor in the outcome as anything...HM goalie has been very good too...hope for a competitive game! Interesting Anderson will be going against Roseville, his youth association and where his pop used to help coach the HS team a while back....
you were right the Roseville goalie was the big difference in the game giving up 3 goals in the first 5 shots and all were soft goals