7A Final: #1 Hermantown vs #2 Duluth Marshall 2/26 7:30

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hermantown vs Marshall (7A finals)

Hermantown
70%
Marshall
19%
Nobody!
11%

Total votes: 37

TheInsider

7A Final: #1 Hermantown vs #2 Duluth Marshall 2/26 7:30

Post by TheInsider »

A big rivalry game at Amsoil Arena. Hermantown won the match up earlier this year 6-2.
Rocketwrister

Re: 7A Final: #1 Hermantown vs #2 Duluth Marshall 2/26 7:30

Post by Rocketwrister »

TheInsider wrote:A big rivalry game at Amsoil Arena. Hermantown won the match up earlier this year 6-2.
Meh...for "a"Hockey I guess. Bring on the big boys
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Hermantown. 5-1. Can't wait to see a few in between period interviews with Bruce Plante.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Duluth Marshall 3-2 in overtime.

Just because Plante's reaction would be hilarious if a private school knocked them out.
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
puckbreath

Re: 7A Final: #1 Hermantown vs #2 Duluth Marshall 2/26 7:30

Post by puckbreath »

Rocketwrister wrote:
TheInsider wrote:A big rivalry game at Amsoil Arena. Hermantown won the match up earlier this year 6-2.
Meh...for "a"Hockey I guess. Bring on the big boys
You must have some interest; you went to the trouble of opening and responding to a thread that is clearly marked what it is about.
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

Puckbreath is just a disgruntled Grand Rapids fan that has I stake in an team any more so he is out to whine about anything and everything. If single A isn't your stuff then why are you reading and commenting on their posts?
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

HockeyBum wrote:Puckbreath is just a disgruntled Grand Rapids fan that has I stake in an team any more so he is out to whine about anything and everything. If single A isn't your stuff then why are you reading and commenting on their posts?
LOL, not even close !

As to the rest of your post, try writing it again, in a manner that can be comprehended, instead of an incoherent ramble.

Sorry if the truth bothers ya.
barnorthhockeyguy

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

Toppers 4 Hawks 3 Ot
DelanoHockey55

Post by DelanoHockey55 »

Duluth Marshall 5-1
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

Hermantown 4 Marshall 1
wayfncold

Post by wayfncold »

If it comes down to goaltending I like Marshall. Don't think it will. Game will be similar to what Hermantown did to Denfeld.

Hermantown 5
Marshall 1
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

This might be the most uninteresting thread for a 7A final game I've ever seen. I have a feeling the attendance at this game might reflect the same thing.
wayfncold wrote:If it comes down to goaltending I like Marshall. Don't think it will. Game will be similar to what Hermantown did to Denfeld.

Hermantown 5
Marshall 1
I have to agree with this. Especially if Marshall plays the style of game they tried and barely pulled off against Virginia in the semi's. Some of that may be credited to an underrated Virginia team, but regardless, Hermantown will trounce them if they play that much of the game in their own end. Hermantown has more kids that can finish than Virginia did.
GPGT

Post by GPGT »

Am I seeing this right? No televised section 7 game? At least on my directv guide??

The 7AA final is on the guide tho...
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

PuckRanger wrote:This might be the most uninteresting thread for a 7A final game I've ever seen. I have a feeling the attendance at this game might reflect the same thing.
wayfncold wrote:If it comes down to goaltending I like Marshall. Don't think it will. Game will be similar to what Hermantown did to Denfeld.

Hermantown 5
Marshall 1
I have to agree with this. Especially if Marshall plays the style of game they tried and barely pulled off against Virginia in the semi's. Some of that may be credited to an underrated Virginia team, but regardless, Hermantown will trounce them if they play that much of the game in their own end. Hermantown has more kids that can finish than Virginia did.
Marshall has Hermantown in their head....Marshall coach will need a little Herb Brooks speech prepared
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

GPGT wrote:Am I seeing this right? No televised section 7 game? At least on my directv guide??

The 7AA final is on the guide tho...
According to WDIO website game is on tv. Pregame 7, game 7:30.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

We are planning to come up for this game. Hope the hype proves true! But wait, did someone get that freeway sign up for the Amsoil exit? Don't want to end up in Lutsen. #-o
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:We are planning to come up for this game. Hope the hype proves true! But wait, did someone get that freeway sign up for the Amsoil exit? Don't want to end up in Lutsen. #-o
When you see the sign for Customs, you've gone too far. Turn around. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
rainier

Post by rainier »

Anyone know if Miller will be playing for the Toppers tonight? I didn't see him play in the semis. I'd say he's Marshall's best player and they are going to need all hands on deck if they want to beat the Hawks.

I think Hermantown takes this one, 5-3.
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

PuckRanger wrote:This might be the most uninteresting thread for a 7A final game I've ever seen. I have a feeling the attendance at this game might reflect the same thing.

Hermantown 5
Marshall 1
Dont see this attendance being small. Whens the last time Hermantown and Duluth Marshall have played in a section final?? Ever?
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

rainier wrote:Anyone know if Miller will be playing for the Toppers tonight? I didn't see him play in the semis. I'd say he's Marshall's best player and they are going to need all hands on deck if they want to beat the Hawks.

Anthony Miller is suspended and I don't know if I should disclose the reason why..... Won't put on a Marshall jersey again.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Slammer wrote:
rainier wrote:Anyone know if Miller will be playing for the Toppers tonight? I didn't see him play in the semis. I'd say he's Marshall's best player and they are going to need all hands on deck if they want to beat the Hawks.

Anthony Miller is suspended and I don't know if I should disclose the reason why..... Won't put on a Marshall jersey again.
That's unfortunate. Hope he learns from his mistake.

Toppers have quite the hill to climb tonight. (pun intended)
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

rainier wrote:
Slammer wrote:

I will say it's because of academics though, it isn't anything that terrible.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

You don't think it's terrible that his grades keep him from the section final? It's not terrible that it hurts a lot of kids other than himself? You could say its not CRIMINAL, but you can't say it's not TERRIBLE.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:You don't think it's terrible that his grades keep him from the section final? It's not terrible that it hurts a lot of kids other than himself? You could say its not CRIMINAL, but you can't say it's not TERRIBLE.
I think he meant the act itself wasn't terrible, as in nobody got hurt. Still, that is one tough lesson to have to learn. Imagine living with that for the rest of your life. Could be something you never fully get over.
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

Slammer wrote:
rainier wrote:
Slammer wrote: Anthony Miller is suspended and I don't know if I should disclose the reason why..... Won't put on a Marshall jersey again.

I will say it's because of academics though, it isn't anything that terrible.
According the Hockey Hub he has missed about 8 regular season games. academic related??