EGF vs Warroad Section 8A Championship

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will be headed to the X

EGF
76%
Warroad
24%

Total votes: 49

25 sheet power

Re: embarassed

Post by 25 sheet power »

ted2you wrote:To quote a local radio station..."i don't know what kind of putrid slime is getting pulled up." Enough!!!

I'm going to suggest that the game get settled on the ice on Thursday evening. These stupid, pointless accusations are flat out insulting and embarrassing. But some people might not like that, because they wouldn't want to admit that if "their" team lost it was because they lost to a better team. Its much easier to slime them and accuse them of cheating. Pathetic
I love how no one says a thing when its said about Warroad. But dare anyone look at your team and it becomes embarrassing. You can say you mean both sides or that egf isn't your team, but we can all see they are when you get this offended by someone point some blemishes on your golden boys.
ted2you

Directing

Post by ted2you »

At anyone/everyone who is making accusations at the motives of families and kids who play the game. Especially when someone will openly uses names in their rumors and mudslinging with no knowledge or concern for the facts or the harm such accusations cause. For anyone here to think the can determine the clear motives of a family is a waste of time typing.
25 sheet power

Re: Directing

Post by 25 sheet power »

ted2you wrote:At anyone/everyone who is making accusations at the motives of families and kids who play the game. Especially when someone will openly uses names in their rumors and mudslinging with no knowledge or concern for the facts or the harm such accusations cause. For anyone here to think the can determine the clear motives of a family is a waste of time typing.
Thank you. from now on when one of your people says something about Warroad I wont address them, ill tell you and you will tell them to stop. deal?
ted2you

Post by ted2you »

25 sheet power wrote:
ted2you wrote:At anyone/everyone who is making accusations at the motives of families and kids who play the game. Especially when someone will openly uses names in their rumors and mudslinging with no knowledge or concern for the facts or the harm such accusations cause. For anyone here to think the can determine the clear motives of a family is a waste of time typing.
Thank you. from now on when one of your people says something about Warroad I wont address them, ill tell you and you will tell them to stop. deal?
I think ignoring them would be a really good idea.

As for me telling them to stop, this is my stance. People can say what they want about any team, if they want to say that s team is cheap or classless I have no problem with that. If you want to criticize MSHSL I will probably pat you on the back. I am opposed to anyone calling a kid out on an accusation or a rumor. I don't care if he plays for Breck, Roseau, Moorhead, Warroad, or EGF. If someone has knowledge about a rules violation there are places to report it.

IMO This isn't the place to throw out rumors.

Again for the record you should note that "My people." have no direct allegiance to EGF. I'm a UND Alum and a fan of hockey and have followed EGF the last couple years because I like the hockey they play. I will be rooting for EGF to win tomorrow night. If Warroad wins section 8, I will root for them. I will also root for the Section 7 winner. If they meet in the finals, I will root for the section 8 winner.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

ted2you wrote:IMO This isn't the place to throw out rumors.

Again for the record you should note that "My people." have no direct allegiance to EGF. I'm a UND Alum and a fan of hockey and have followed EGF the last couple years because I like the hockey they play. I will be rooting for EGF to win tomorrow night. If Warroad wins section 8, I will root for them. I will also root for the Section 7 winner. If they meet in the finals, I will root for the section 8 winner.

Well said Ted.
I will be rooting the same.
However, If Warroad wins I will wish them the best all the way.
Good luck to both teams. (A little more for the Green Wave thoough, :mrgreen: )
What is a Green Wave anyway?
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

egf 3-0
Crimson Live

Post by Crimson Live »

EGF 7-1
blackwarrior

Post by blackwarrior »

Warroad 3-1 with empty net!!!
12thgraders

Post by 12thgraders »

Live on TV and streamed on the internet at www.wdaz.com!

Post from WDAZ:

WDAZ News
Warroad Vs. East Grand Forks LIVE 7pm on WDAZ & Also streaming Live on WDAZ.com ‪#‎Section8A‬ ‪#‎MNHockey‬
ted2you

Score

Post by ted2you »

EGF 5-2
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Anybody on this Bored, going to the game.
hipcheck

speculation

Post by hipcheck »

This will be one of the best Section 8A games in the last 10 years. Neutral ice and two teams playing well.

Looking forward to an EGF win.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

EGF 1
War 0

End of 1st
celly93

Post by celly93 »

EGF 2
Warroad 2

End of the first overtime
Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey »

Warroad-2
EGF-2
Going into 2nd OT
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

3-2 EGF in 2ot

Just a fantastic game! The Warroad defensemen were outstanding. Just remarkable that Roth, Bethune, and Sylvester had any legs at the end...just so much fun to watch.
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

You can probably write in an EGF vs Hermantown state championship.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

hockey9011 wrote:You can probably write in an EGF vs Hermantown state championship.
Well with Breck out.... Yup
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Deathblow wrote:3-2 EGF in 2ot

Just a fantastic game! The Warroad defensemen were outstanding. Just remarkable that Roth, Bethune, and Sylvester had any legs at the end...just so much fun to watch.
EGF was lucky to win tonight.
They got outplayed pretty badly.
They looked very hesitant the whole game.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Thought Warroad outplayed egf most of the game, but their first line, including defensemen, looked gassed that second overtime.
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
hockey9011 wrote:You can probably write in an EGF vs Hermantown state championship.
Well with Breck out.... Yup
I don't see any team remaining that could knock either of them out. Should be a great championship
ted2you

Warroad

Post by ted2you »

Great game by Warroad!

EGF looked afraid to lose, they were tennative and looking for someone else to make a play.

That said you have to give credit to Warroad for making them look that way.
ted2you

Hermantown-EGF

Post by ted2you »

You would think that would be the final. With Breck gone that makes the seeding more and less interesting. Looks like a big dropoff after those two and with Breck not being the 3 seed it should set up the finals.
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

Yep...I thought Warroad took it to them...those 4 dmen were clearing everything and everybody from in front of the net. The Green Wave really wasn't able to develop much offensively. Warroad forced them into a lot of turnovers, and was really able to generate a lot of quality shots on Weber, but he was able to bail them out. Unfortunate that somebody had to lose this game, but the depth of EGF was really the deciding factor...otherwise the Wave was lucky to come up with the win.
hockey9011

Re: Hermantown-EGF

Post by hockey9011 »

ted2you wrote:You would think that would be the final. With Breck gone that makes the seeding more and less interesting. Looks like a big dropoff after those two and with Breck not being the 3 seed it should set up the finals.
Agreed.. I got
1.EGF
2. Hermantown
3-5 winner of 4A, New Prague, Cathedral(no order)
Then Luverne followed by Orono..... Then Chisago lakes