The Quiet Is Deafening In Section 4AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

East Side Pioneer Guy

The Quiet Is Deafening In Section 4AA

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

It seems like Stillwater is being dissed as far as the 4AA championship game. There is virtually no buzz about that game. Kinda odd.

Maybe everyone is pouting about not having one last HM-WBL final at the Coliseum. But jeez, it is a section final.

Even the Hill haters are quiet. How about a little love for the Original Metro All-Stars?

I'm looking forward to not having to see an entire section clad in garish orange.
BlueLineSpecial

Re: The Quiet Is Deafening In Section 4AA

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:It seems like Stillwater is being dissed as far as the 4AA championship game. There is virtually no buzz about that game. Kinda odd.

Maybe everyone is pouting about not having one last HM-WBL final at the Coliseum. But jeez, it is a section final.

Even the Hill haters are quiet. How about a little love for the Original Metro All-Stars?

I'm looking forward to not having to see an entire section clad in garish orange.
Tuesday let some air out of things. Heck, I spent several threads smack talking the Bears, assuming they'd be in the final. Premature, clearly.

Honestly, I think people are resigned to the fact that Hill is going to win Friday. Of course anything can happen, but this is as lopsided a final as there is in AA this year. I see this game going similar to the Edina/Jefferson game last night. Stillwater will do what Jefferson tried to do and get physical. Stillwater might keep it close for a period or so but Hill will exert their will and probably win by 3+. It would have to be a perfect storm for Stillwater to win. Not saying it can't happen, but the odds are stacked pretty significantly.

Hill 4-1
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
East Side Pioneer Guy

Hey BlueLine, talking smack about White Bear is never a wasted effort.

The banner I'm bringing Friday night: Where the Hill are the Bears?

Actually, once WBL is dispatched, we move on to the real work.
Hockey922

Post by Hockey922 »

Just remember the last time there was a Stillwater-Hill final it went into triple OT
East Side Pioneer Guy

Hockey922 wrote:Just remember the last time there was a Stillwater-Hill final it went into triple OT
I'm painfully aware of that, and taking nothing for granted.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Hockey922 wrote:Just remember the last time there was a Stillwater-Hill final it went into triple OT
If Stillwater wins, I'd be cheering them on at state. I respect the hell out of the game they just played. I don't think it will happen, but wouldn't be awfully upset if it did.
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

HM had to kick off 3 of their top 4 scorers to make that happen. Maybe some of the boys will get in trouble tomorrow at school.
bkrrrrr

Post by bkrrrrr »

Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
From the tranquil shores of Lake Vadnais...
BlueLineSpecial

bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:
Any debate you are part of is one sided. :wink:
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

Every section final anywhere is nerve wracking. These are great hockey games and better than 75% of state tournament games. Winner gets to go to state and loser gets nothing. Makes for tons of tension. Last night I watched EGF-Warroad on internet TV (great quality broadcast by the way) and switched off listening to STA-Eagan and Duluth East-Elk River on internet radio. 3 very close high school hockey games that meant everything to the players and schools. Fun stuff. Will be at the Coliseum for both games tonight.
BlueLineSpecial

If Stillwater plays one of their best games of the year and Hill plays their worst, Stillwater can win in a squeaker

If Stillwater plays one of their best games and Hill does too, HM wins by 3+ (My earlier prediction was 4-1)

If Stillwater plays an average game and Hill plays one of their best, expect running time.

I'd like to see a good game, with Hill coming out on top. If Stillwater wins, they'll have earned it and I'll be rootin them on at State. Believe it or not, I'm a hockey purist. If it ain't Hill, I'm rooting for newcomers, northern teams, underdogs, and small schools.

Good luck to both the Ponies and Pioneers tonight. But more luck to Hill 8)
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

Is this game going to be played on tv. Whatever happened to sectional games played on tv.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Wow! How do some of you want your crow served?
JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered »

Mite-dad wrote:Wow! How do some of you want your crow served?
By front end loader?

After this one...Lechner is leaving right?
"I find tinsel distracting"
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I said I'd cheer for Stillwater at state if they went and I will. Congrats to the Pony Express who wasn't supposed to win either of their last two games and outplayed both WBL and HM. First ever trip for them, if I'm not mistaken. They were the better team tonight and earned all they got.

Many HM fans have noted throughout the season this wasn't a great team. Their leading scorer was a freshman and they started an 8th grader on defense. Neither are recipes for championships. They'll be fine and in the same spot next year, and hopefully a lot more hungry than tonight.

Us HM fans will have to be satisfied with only 1 Class AA Hockey Championship this season. The quest for 2 will start again next year...
bemused

Post by bemused »

Congrats to Stillwater. Doman has put in his time and done what Phil could not. Good group coming up..should help to keep them home..
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Sparlimb wrote:I said I'd cheer for Stillwater at state if they went and I will. Congrats to the Pony Express who wasn't supposed to win either of their last two games and outplayed both WBL and HM. First ever trip for them, if I'm not mistaken. They were the better team tonight and earned all they got.

Many HM fans have noted throughout the season this wasn't a great team. Their leading scorer was a freshman and they started an 8th grader on defense. Neither are recipes for championships. They'll be fine and in the same spot next year, and hopefully a lot more hungry than tonight.

Us HM fans will have to be satisfied with only 1 Class AA Hockey Championship this season. The quest for 2 will start again next year...
I'am sick of hearing how they are 8th and 9th grade when they are both a year older than other 8th and 9th graders and there are many 9th and 10th graders playing HS hockey. it's nothing special. To me it looks like Hill is running out of talent.
Last edited by hockeymannorth on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered »

hockeymannorth wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:I said I'd cheer for Stillwater at state if they went and I will. Congrats to the Pony Express who wasn't supposed to win either of their last two games and outplayed both WBL and HM. First ever trip for them, if I'm not mistaken. They were the better team tonight and earned all they got.

I'am sick of hearing how they are 8th and 9th grade when they are both a year older than other 8th and 9th graders and there are many 9th and 10th graders playing HS hockey. it's nothing special
Amen...
"I find tinsel distracting"
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

hockeymannorth wrote:

I'am sick of hearing how they are 8th and 9th grade when they are both a year older than other 8th and 9th graders and there are many 9th and 10th graders playing HS hockey. it's nothing special. To me it looks like Hill is running out of talent.
Are they or are they not in 8th & 9th grade? Yes, they are; therefore, they are considered (gasp) an 8th & 9th grader! :shock:
East Side Pioneer Guy

. To me it looks like Hill is running out of talent.[/quote]

I've been hearing that for 30 years.
Reg7

Post by Reg7 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:. To me it looks like Hill is running out of talent.
I've been hearing that for 30 years.[/quote]

Good luck to the Ponies...
Last edited by Reg7 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Reg7 wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:. To me it looks like Hill is running out of talent.
It's a good move on Lech getting rid of Willie before the season started for a chewing tobacco "allegation" (That has never been proven) God knows he can't score against Stillwater! :roll:

Good luck to the Ponies...[/quote]Didn't Mom and Dad turn him in?
Reg7

Post by Reg7 »

hockeymannorth wrote:
Reg7 wrote:
It's a good move on Lech getting rid of Willie before the season started for a chewing tobacco "allegation" (That has never been proven) God knows he can't score against Stillwater! :roll:

Good luck to the Ponies...
Didn't Mom and Dad turn him in?[/quote]

No I heard it was a teacher at Hill, who's son went to Stanford on a scholly for track and had it yanked and was dismissed for drugs his first year...
Sk8 Str8

Post by Sk8 Str8 »

Whew...I was a little concerned that all Brown family posters...had relocated to Topeka...and would miss all of this fun...

then there would be no one to defend him...and bad mouth coaches or other players (or in this case, teachers)

Reg7
It's a good move on Lech getting rid of Willie before the season started for a chewing tobacco "allegation" (That has never been proven) God knows he can't score against Stillwater! Rolling Eyes
Reg7
No I heard it was a teacher at Hill, who's son went to Stanford on a scholly for track and had it yanked and was dismissed for drugs his first year...