Private Schools

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

statein07

Post by statein07 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm

my only thought on this whole topic is how can the fans from hill murray (a private school) have sooooooooooooooo much more class than the fans from STA? seriously for everyone justifying the actions done by the sta fans explain to me how these fans can act like complete jerks, disrespectful, and all around ignorant ***holes to the rest of the fans at the tournament or just in general? explain that to me... heck I will take it one step further, my uncle was col. in the air force and returned to Minnesota a few years back, he went to the tournament and saw the sta fans and was insulted by their actions and by the fact that they MOCKED the united states armed forces by dressing like them and disrespecting their codes of conduct, so he wrote to the headmaster or dean or whatever the individual is called and wanted an explanation for their actions and requested for it to be taken care of. He received a letter back saying that he had no right to tell them what's right and wrong and who they were embarrassing/insulting...basically he got told to F***off. so you tell me why they can insult a former col. of the air force and all the fans at the tournament, steal the head off the opposing teams mascot, insult the families of the other team, insult and mock/ridicule the cheerleaders, and to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed forces by dressing like them. BTW hill murray fans don't pull this crap nor do many other fans for other programs

but hey i'm done ranting about this embarrassing/disrespectful program

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:42 pm

statein07 wrote:my only thought on this whole topic is how can the fans from hill murray (a private school) have sooooooooooooooo much more class than the fans from STA? seriously for everyone justifying the actions done by the sta fans explain to me how these fans can act like complete jerks, disrespectful, and all around ignorant ***holes to the rest of the fans at the tournament or just in general? explain that to me... heck I will take it one step further, my uncle was col. in the air force and returned to Minnesota a few years back, he went to the tournament and saw the sta fans and was insulted by their actions and by the fact that they MOCKED the united states armed forces by dressing like them and disrespecting their codes of conduct, so he wrote to the headmaster or dean or whatever the individual is called and wanted an explanation for their actions and requested for it to be taken care of. He received a letter back saying that he had no right to tell them what's right and wrong and who they were embarrassing/insulting...basically he got told to F***off. so you tell me why they can insult a former col. of the air force and all the fans at the tournament, steal the head off the opposing teams mascot, insult the families of the other team, insult and mock/ridicule the cheerleaders, and to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed forces by dressing like them. BTW hill murray fans don't pull this crap nor do many other fans for other programs

but hey i'm done trolling this embarrassing/disrespectful program
Fixed that for you.

bemused

Post by bemused » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 pm

statein07 wrote:my only thought on this whole topic is how can the fans from hill murray (a private school) have sooooooooooooooo much more class than the fans from STA? seriously for everyone justifying the actions done by the sta fans explain to me how these fans can act like complete jerks, disrespectful, and all around ignorant ***holes to the rest of the fans at the tournament or just in general? explain that to me... heck I will take it one step further, my uncle was col. in the air force and returned to Minnesota a few years back, he went to the tournament and saw the sta fans and was insulted by their actions and by the fact that they MOCKED the united states armed forces by dressing like them and disrespecting their codes of conduct, so he wrote to the headmaster or dean or whatever the individual is called and wanted an explanation for their actions and requested for it to be taken care of. He received a letter back saying that he had no right to tell them what's right and wrong and who they were embarrassing/insulting...basically he got told to F***off. so you tell me why they can insult a former col. of
the air force and all the fans at the tournament, steal the head off the
opposing teams mascot, insult the families of the other team, insult and
mock/ridicule the cheerleaders, and to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed
forces by dressing like them. BTW hill murray fans don't pull this crap nor
do many other fans for other programs
but hey i'm done ranting about this embarrassing/disrespectfulprogram[/quote

Oh, I get it now..we're stuck in a Bi-Polar Vortex...

Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 pm

statein07 wrote:to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed forces by dressing like them.
STA is a Department of Defense, Army ROTC, Military Institution. The uniform has remained unchanged over the past 129 years. If it "embarrasses the armed forces", maybe the DoD ought to rethink offering an ROTC program to high schoolers.

STA has had graduates earn the Medal of Honor and Distinguished Service Cross. A number of graduates go on to serve in the military, with some every year going on to prestigious service academies like West Point or the Naval Academy. To even relate this to hockey, I believe defenseman Seamus Donahue is committed to playing for the Air Force Academy, and in turn serving our nation for at least 5 years.

STA's rich tradition of pride, excellence, and honor gives Cadets every right to wear that uniform. Every Cadet enters the long and storied line of graduates before him, and becomes a member of the brotherhood that is the Corps of Cadets.

Yes, disrespectful things have happened at sporting events. However, your COL uncle has zero right to tell a military institution that he has no affiliation with how to discipline its cadets. And in case you were wondering, last year's national anthem incident resulted in offenders being stripped of rank and assessed with a number of demerits. In case you don't realize this, that is a pretty steep consequence.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:59 pm

thestickler07 wrote:
statein07 wrote:my only thought on this whole topic is how can the fans from hill murray (a private school) have sooooooooooooooo much more class than the fans from STA? seriously for everyone justifying the actions done by the sta fans explain to me how these fans can act like complete jerks, disrespectful, and all around ignorant ***holes to the rest of the fans at the tournament or just in general? explain that to me... heck I will take it one step further, my uncle was col. in the air force and returned to Minnesota a few years back, he went to the tournament and saw the sta fans and was insulted by their actions and by the fact that they MOCKED the united states armed forces by dressing like them and disrespecting their codes of conduct, so he wrote to the headmaster or dean or whatever the individual is called and wanted an explanation for their actions and requested for it to be taken care of. He received a letter back saying that he had no right to tell them what's right and wrong and who they were embarrassing/insulting...basically he got told to F***off. so you tell me why they can insult a former col. of the air force and all the fans at the tournament, steal the head off the opposing teams mascot, insult the families of the other team, insult and mock/ridicule the cheerleaders, and to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed forces by dressing like them. BTW hill murray fans don't pull this crap nor do many other fans for other programs

but hey i'm done trolling this embarrassing/disrespectful program
Fixed that for you.
Lol. Well, I'll never get that minute of my life back!

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Cadets16 wrote:
statein07 wrote:to be blunt embarrass the u.s. armed forces by dressing like them.
STA is a Department of Defense, Army ROTC, Military Institution. The uniform has remained unchanged over the past 129 years. If it "embarrasses the armed forces", maybe the DoD ought to rethink offering an ROTC program to high schoolers.

STA has had graduates earn the Medal of Honor and Distinguished Service Cross. A number of graduates go on to serve in the military, with some every year going on to prestigious service academies like West Point or the Naval Academy. To even relate this to hockey, I believe defenseman Seamus Donahue is committed to playing for the Air Force Academy, and in turn serving our nation for at least 5 years.

STA's rich tradition of pride, excellence, and honor gives Cadets every right to wear that uniform. Every Cadet enters the long and storied line of graduates before him, and becomes a member of the brotherhood that is the Corps of Cadets.

Yes, disrespectful things have happened at sporting events. However, your COL uncle has zero right to tell a military institution that he has no affiliation with how to discipline its cadets. And in case you were wondering, last year's national anthem incident resulted in offenders being stripped of rank and assessed with a number of demerits. In case you don't realize this, that is a pretty steep consequence.
Stop feeding the trolls.

bemused

Post by bemused » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Cadets16 wrote:

STA's rich tradition of pride, excellence, and honor gives Cadets every right
to wear that uniform. Every Cadet enters the long and storied line of graduates before him, and becomes a member of the brotherhood that is theCorps of Cadets.

Go get em tiger!! Now... go finish your homework!

Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm

thestickler07 wrote: Stop feeding the trolls.
But I'm from STA, and we apparently have plenty of cake to share. :wink:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Okay, that's enough. Take it here...

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29547

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006