AA Quarterfinal: #5 Eagan vs. #4 Duluth East

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Wildcats
44%
Greyhounds
56%

Total votes: 57

Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Slammer wrote:Who do you guys think is favored in this one? Or do you think it's like the East- Elk River game where it's dead even?
26-15 in favor of Duluth East in the poll on the forum that's heavily biased in East's favor. :)
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Slammer wrote:Who do you guys think is favored in this one? Or do you think it's like the East- Elk River game where it's dead even?
Well, the on-line poll at the top of this thread is running nearly 2:1 in favor of East, if that means anything. I suspect that some of that could be attributed to DE's experience at the Tourney. Might also have a few more East fans lurking around this thread. :wink:

As for the actual game result....gotta think it's going to be a close one.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

almostashappy wrote:
Well, the on-line poll at the top of this thread is running nearly 2:1 in favor of East, if that means anything. I suspect that some of that could be attributed to DE's experience at the Tourney. Might also have a few more East fans lurking around this thread. :wink:

As for the actual game result....gotta think it's going to be a close one.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the east fans outnumbers Eagan fans 10:1 on this forum :lol:

It could go either way, it's kind of a weird matchup. I haven't seen these two play in a long time.
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

almostashappy wrote:
Well, this East fan voted for Elk River in the last poll. Haven't voted in this one yet.

I sure wouldn't consider it an upset if East lost. It'll be interesting to see what the breakdown on the Tourney contest is--maybe a little less wishful thinking there, since people want to win--but, then, who knows how many of them have actually seen both teams play.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

Does anyone know whether Jack Kolar is 100% for this game?

His apparent knee injury at the end of the third period seemed to somewhat heal up during the game as his last overtime shift appeared to include some good skating and even a nice check. But, I wonder if that was just adrenaline.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Traxler wrote:Does anyone know whether Jack Kolar is 100% for this game?

His apparent knee injury at the end of the third period seemed to somewhat heal up during the game as his last overtime shift appeared to include some good skating and even a nice check. But, I wonder if that was just adrenaline.
He hasn't practiced the past few days, I know that. He WILL play at state, according to the coaches and Jack; even though he won't be 100 percent and has a risk of re injuring himself.

But being a senior and probably not playing hockey after high school, he has nothing to lose. He will be fine.
DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.
Isaacflynn17

Post by Isaacflynn17 »

As many have said it should be a great game....hoping for an OT thriller I will pick Eagan 2-1
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Thinking this is about dead even game. Best two defensive pairs in the state except maybe EGF. Each pair is a force to be reckoned with on the ice. In answer to someone's question, I think ( but worth a recheck) that Duluth East has an overall winning record against Edina in all winner bracket games last 50 years. And may be the only team that can say that.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WestMetro wrote:Thinking this is about dead even game. Best two defensive pairs in the state except maybe EGF. Each pair is a force to be reckoned with on the ice. In answer to someone's question, I think ( but worth a recheck) that Duluth East has an overall winning record against Edina in all winner bracket games last 50 years. And may be the only team that can say that.
Correct. They're 3-2 against the Hornets in teh winners' bracket (4-3 at State overall). Also 22-20 against Edina all-time (21-18 not counting Edina East/West; 19-10 under Randolph.)
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

bumptity bump
What is a Green Wave anyway?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Not that I'm superstitious, but a Sacrificial Banning needs to happen before East plays tonight.

(flips coin)

Sorry, Karl! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

WestMetro wrote:Thinking this is about dead even game. Best two defensive pairs in the state except maybe EGF. Each pair is a force to be reckoned with on the ice. In answer to someone's question, I think ( but worth a recheck) that Duluth East has an overall winning record against Edina in all winner bracket games last 50 years. And may be the only team that can say that.
Both these team's pairs are better than any of egf's.

egf's is a team defense, more than a defensemen one.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Just saw the highlight of the 3AA finals with an Eagan goal over STAA. What exactly was that ref doing pumping his arm in celebration behind the net doing anyway?
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Who is winning the physical battle thus far?
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I'd say a push on the physical play. East sustaining pressure and more offensive chances. The power play they had looked poor which isn't like East.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Is the Eagan goalie consider the best in the field?
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Jeez 11-4 shots Hounds.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

off topic but Joe Schmidt reported Cretin beat Apple Valley in sectional basketball tonight; Apple Valley was 27-1 hadn't lost to MN team in over seasons and ranked #20 in the country.
GloryDaze

Post by GloryDaze »

Nice hip check T Muck!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

GloryDaze wrote:Nice hip check T Muck!
Very Rob Blake-esque.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Nice goal by Eagan. Even though I picked DE, nothing would make me happier than the bus co playing at mariucci tomorrow.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

That goal was huge for the Wildcats. It's going to be tough for East to get one past Lindgren.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Nice tribute to Lou's 50 years with the tournament. =D>
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Good night hounds! C ya in Minneapolis tomorrow.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Tough to be expected to beat Shepard, Berglove and now Lindgren in that order.