All-metro team

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

My thoughts
First team
Wahlin - Nass - Spinner
Snuggerud - Wolff
Lindgren

Second team
Novak - Boeser - Peterson
Reinke - Copa
Driscoll

Third team
Fidler - Anderson - Slattery - Tomberlin
Nanne - Newhouse
Ahrens

Disagree if you want but from having seen all these players play this is who I think are worthy of this. Player of the year would be Spinner. Relentless and plays in all 3 zones.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Hscout000 wrote:My thoughts
First team
Wahlin - Nass - Spinner
Snuggerud - Wolff
Lindgren

Second team
Novak - Boeser - Peterson
Reinke - Copa
Driscoll

Third team
Fidler - Anderson - Slattery - Tomberlin
Nanne - Newhouse
Ahrens

Disagree if you want but from having seen all these players play this is who I think are worthy of this. Player of the year would be Spinner. Relentless and plays in all 3 zones.
Spinner's compete/battle level is through the roof and he does play an extremely complete game.
Sartellcelly

all metro

Post by Sartellcelly »

ok, there is a lot of love coming Spinner's way, and there is no doubt there is a strong argument to be made on his behalf. what i suspect worked against him was a reluctance to have two EP guys on the first team. EP was very erratic this season and benefited from not having to play Wayzata to get to State. They got to state by beating a BSM team that gave them the puck in OT for a goal. Snuggs got a spot cuz, in part, the D field appears not to be as deep as the forward field. So, what it appears to come down to is who gets a first-team spot, Spinner or Snuggy.