Best chants of the Tourney!?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

StanleyYelnats
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by StanleyYelnats » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:24 am

Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X

HappyHockeyFan
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Lakeville

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 am

"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!" Always a good chant when you think your team got a bad penalty call. :lol: And there's the good ol' "Seasons over" chant at the end of the game when your team is about to win. :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Best chants

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 am

Well, when the Spuds don't make it there is much lost opportunity!!! 8)

Air Force 1
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: East Grand Forks

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by Air Force 1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Loved it when the EGF student section broke this one out during the girls championship against Blake a couple weeks ago!

Traxler
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 pm
Location: Rosemount

Post by Traxler » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 am

My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.

urban iceman
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:40 am

Post by urban iceman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 am

A south Team in the A tourney , their student section chants after a solid check that de- cleats a player is "Hey! , # so and so, YOU GOT JACKED UP"!!

wayfncold
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by wayfncold » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 am

"Ice is slippery" resonded by "So's your Mother"

hockeydad
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:57 pm

Post by hockeydad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 am

HappyHockeyFan wrote:"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!" Always a good chant when you think your team got a bad penalty call. :lol: And there's the good ol' "Seasons over" chant at the end of the game when your team is about to win. :lol:
But when your fans are chanting "season's over," you better make sure your team doesn't give up a goal with seconds left and go on to lose in overtime in the section final. (Eden Prairie/Edina either 2000 or 01)

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by fastncrash » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:40 am

ROLL CARDS ROLL!

Doc Holliday
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: SW Suburbs

Post by Doc Holliday » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:41 am

I will miss St. Thomas....they were rather clever.

Last year, when EGF chanted to them "Where's your girlfriend?" STA responded "In your section."

Still waiting for the team in the title game that's about to lose and with about 1 minute left to chant "season's over" to the other side. :D

MNpuckBlog
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by MNpuckBlog » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:54 am

Traxler wrote:My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.
4-5 years ago when I was in high school it was a group of players from North Metro, then filled in with other high school players whose teams didn't make the tourney. With players from different areas, they would come up with some pretty clever stuff.

Froggy Richards
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by Froggy Richards » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 am

Air Force 1 wrote:
StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Loved it when the EGF student section broke this one out during the girls championship against Blake a couple weeks ago!
Even better is "Grandpa's Money" Then you can insult the parents and the students in the crowd. :lol:

StanleyYelnats
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

Post by StanleyYelnats » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 am

MNpuckBlog wrote:
Traxler wrote:My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.
4-5 years ago when I was in high school it was a group of players from North Metro, then filled in with other high school players whose teams didn't make the tourney. With players from different areas, they would come up with some pretty clever stuff.
Ehh FastnCrash.. Stick to your 3A threads.

As for 216. They always have seemed to raise some hell. Basically all the kids that didn't make it and didn't want to support their local section champs.

Cadets16
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by Cadets16 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:55 pm

"Novak Nation", "Terry's Pizza", and "We're just better" are always favorites of mine from the STA student section... of course we won't be hearing those this year.

slacsap
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 am

Post by slacsap » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:34 pm

My all time favorite reply to "Season's Over" came a few years back from the Stillwater student section. The situation was the same as this year: Hill had won the first semi and was awaiting the winner of Stillwater-White Bear. The Bears led late and started chanting "Season's Over". The Pony student section immediately answered with "Your's ends Friday". They were right, too.

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 pm

StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"Your dad's your mailman"

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Best crowd chants

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Even though I am no fan of STA, when they play a school from a less affluent background, their section starts a ,"the wheels on your house go round' and round'!!" I have lived in a double wide and this still makes me laugh!!
(Yes, I know most schools they play fall into this category)

statein07
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:31 am

Post by statein07 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Htown section when all the girls chanted to sta "we like boys yes we do we like boys so do you"

Cadets16
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by Cadets16 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 pm

"Public school champions." =D>

DubCHAGuy
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

Re: Best crowd chants

Post by DubCHAGuy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Even though I am no fan of STA, when they play a school from a less affluent background, their section starts a ,"the wheels on your house go round' and round'!!" I have lived in a double wide and this still makes me laugh!!
(Yes, I know most schools they play fall into this category)
Stolen from Duluth East fans, directed towards Cloquet.

I always like the back and forth between 216 and whoever they decide to cheer for, or against.

Hockegal12
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Hockegal12 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 am

Traxler wrote:My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.

They weren't as good last year because the 'leader' went off to college. I noticed it too. They are a bunch of random kids that flock to that section, with no real ties to one school. They usually cheer against the richer or private school. It's usually the most interesting when they cheer against the school in the section next to them.

Ref22
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 am

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by Ref22 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"Your dad's your mailman"
"pump our gas"

celly93
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by celly93 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 am

I still think singing the national american university jingle is the best response to any sort of anti private school chant. It can't be used too often, but when done right, I don't think I've ever seen a public school respond to it. There's just no comeback.

edgeUcated
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by edgeUcated » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 am

Ref22 wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"Your dad's your mailman"
"pump our gas"
In the case of Edina I believe this is 3rd generation silver "spoonage" so I would say the chant should be " Grandpa's Money, Grandpa's Money" :wink:

Ref22
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 am

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by Ref22 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:03 am

edgeUcated wrote:
Ref22 wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"Your dad's your mailman"
"pump our gas"
In the case of Edina I believe this is 3rd generation silver "spoonage" so I would say the chant should be " Grandpa's Money, Grandpa's Money" :wink:
very true! :D

Post Reply