Best chants of the Tourney!?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

StanleyYelnats

Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by StanleyYelnats »

Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!" Always a good chant when you think your team got a bad penalty call. :lol: And there's the good ol' "Seasons over" chant at the end of the game when your team is about to win. :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
imlisteningtothefnsong

Best chants

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

Well, when the Spuds don't make it there is much lost opportunity!!! 8)
Air Force 1

Re: Best chants of the Tourney!?

Post by Air Force 1 »

StanleyYelnats wrote:Let's hear em'..... other than "daddys money" [-X
Loved it when the EGF student section broke this one out during the girls championship against Blake a couple weeks ago!
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

A south Team in the A tourney , their student section chants after a solid check that de- cleats a player is "Hey! , # so and so, YOU GOT JACKED UP"!!
wayfncold

Post by wayfncold »

"Ice is slippery" resonded by "So's your Mother"
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!" Always a good chant when you think your team got a bad penalty call. :lol: And there's the good ol' "Seasons over" chant at the end of the game when your team is about to win. :lol:
But when your fans are chanting "season's over," you better make sure your team doesn't give up a goal with seconds left and go on to lose in overtime in the section final. (Eden Prairie/Edina either 2000 or 01)
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

ROLL CARDS ROLL!
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I will miss St. Thomas....they were rather clever.

Last year, when EGF chanted to them "Where's your girlfriend?" STA responded "In your section."

Still waiting for the team in the title game that's about to lose and with about 1 minute left to chant "season's over" to the other side. :D
MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog »

Traxler wrote:My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.
4-5 years ago when I was in high school it was a group of players from North Metro, then filled in with other high school players whose teams didn't make the tourney. With players from different areas, they would come up with some pretty clever stuff.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

Air Force 1 wrote:
Loved it when the EGF student section broke this one out during the girls championship against Blake a couple weeks ago!
Even better is "Grandpa's Money" Then you can insult the parents and the students in the crowd. :lol:
StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats »

MNpuckBlog wrote:
Traxler wrote:My favorite chants seem to come from Section 216. Last year they weren't as good as in previous years. But most of the time they don't disappoint. I have no idea who they are, but they do amuse me.
4-5 years ago when I was in high school it was a group of players from North Metro, then filled in with other high school players whose teams didn't make the tourney. With players from different areas, they would come up with some pretty clever stuff.
Ehh FastnCrash.. Stick to your 3A threads.

As for 216. They always have seemed to raise some hell. Basically all the kids that didn't make it and didn't want to support their local section champs.
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

"Novak Nation", "Terry's Pizza", and "We're just better" are always favorites of mine from the STA student section... of course we won't be hearing those this year.
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

My all time favorite reply to "Season's Over" came a few years back from the Stillwater student section. The situation was the same as this year: Hill had won the first semi and was awaiting the winner of Stillwater-White Bear. The Bears led late and started chanting "Season's Over". The Pony student section immediately answered with "Your's ends Friday". They were right, too.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"Your dad's your mailman"
imlisteningtothefnsong

Best crowd chants

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

Even though I am no fan of STA, when they play a school from a less affluent background, their section starts a ,"the wheels on your house go round' and round'!!" I have lived in a double wide and this still makes me laugh!!
(Yes, I know most schools they play fall into this category)
statein07

Post by statein07 »

Htown section when all the girls chanted to sta "we like boys yes we do we like boys so do you"
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

"Public school champions." =D>
DubCHAGuy

Re: Best crowd chants

Post by DubCHAGuy »

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Even though I am no fan of STA, when they play a school from a less affluent background, their section starts a ,"the wheels on your house go round' and round'!!" I have lived in a double wide and this still makes me laugh!!
(Yes, I know most schools they play fall into this category)
Stolen from Duluth East fans, directed towards Cloquet.

I always like the back and forth between 216 and whoever they decide to cheer for, or against.
Hockegal12

Post by Hockegal12 »

They weren't as good last year because the 'leader' went off to college. I noticed it too. They are a bunch of random kids that flock to that section, with no real ties to one school. They usually cheer against the richer or private school. It's usually the most interesting when they cheer against the school in the section next to them.
Ref22

Post by Ref22 »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
"pump our gas"
celly93

Post by celly93 »

I still think singing the national american university jingle is the best response to any sort of anti private school chant. It can't be used too often, but when done right, I don't think I've ever seen a public school respond to it. There's just no comeback.
edgeUcated

Post by edgeUcated »

Ref22 wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
"pump our gas"
In the case of Edina I believe this is 3rd generation silver "spoonage" so I would say the chant should be " Grandpa's Money, Grandpa's Money" :wink:
Ref22

Post by Ref22 »

edgeUcated wrote:
Ref22 wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote: Best response I've heard to "Daddy's money"
"pump our gas"
In the case of Edina I believe this is 3rd generation silver "spoonage" so I would say the chant should be " Grandpa's Money, Grandpa's Money" :wink:
very true! :D