Karl Holding Court?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

East Side Pioneer Guy

Karl Holding Court?

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I think it's time for a Forum Meet-up during the tournament. It may be too late for this year. But I'm thinking of something between the A and AA finals at an establishment near the X. Maybe one that runs shuttles, or maybe McGoverns isn't too crowded then.

Drink can flow, blood can be spilled, and smack can be talked.

Maybe gin up a few awards for various posts.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Karl may have outgrown us by then, possible media star. Remember when he referred to himself in third person when he was late with the weekly rankings after a possible night on the town :D :D
BlueLineSpecial

Re: Karl Holding Court?

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I think it's time for a Forum Meet-up during the tournament. It may be too late for this year. But I'm thinking of something between the A and AA finals at an establishment near the X. Maybe one that runs shuttles, or maybe McGoverns isn't too crowded then.

I was thinking the same thing. You have to wear a name tag with your username on it. Put a pin in it for next year. Someone needs to so this
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
twolinepass

Post by twolinepass »

twolinepass is buying!
ZachHalverson

Re: Karl Holding Court?

Post by ZachHalverson »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I think it's time for a Forum Meet-up during the tournament. It may be too late for this year. But I'm thinking of something between the A and AA finals at an establishment near the X. Maybe one that runs shuttles, or maybe McGoverns isn't too crowded then.

We'll all chip in and get a room at the Crowne Plaza and get kicked out because we're a rowdy bunch and Karl hit on the front desk lady and threw up in the pool and crashed his car through the lobby.
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

But seriously, someone who is good at planning should totally get this thing rolling.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

ZachHalverson wrote:But seriously, someone who is good at planning should totally get this thing rolling.
Well it can't be at a bar if you're coming, right Zach? I thought you were just a young lad!
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:But seriously, someone who is good at planning should totally get this thing rolling.
Well it can't be at a bar if you're coming, right Zach? I thought you were just a young lad!
I'm 19, but I look like I'm 40. Plus, I don't have to drink and as long as this isn't being held at 2 a.m., I should be fine.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

alcloseshaver wrote:Karl may have outgrown us by then, possible media star. Remember when he referred to himself in third person when he was late with the weekly rankings after a possible night on the town :D :D
Karl is all for this idea, if we can make it happen. :wink:

If someone wants to set a place, we can definitely make it happen after the Class A title game press conferences end. Just remember your nametags.
blueblood

Saturday

Post by blueblood »

blueblood has a stack of blank name tags. I recommend the back room at McGovern's btwn A and AA session
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

I'm there, dude.

I noticed that Tom Reid's wasn't terribly full in advance of the Saturday evening session last year.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

karl(east) wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Karl may have outgrown us by then, possible media star. Remember when he referred to himself in third person when he was late with the weekly rankings after a possible night on the town :D :D
Karl is all for this idea, if we can make it happen. :wink:

If someone wants to set a place, we can definitely make it happen after the Class A title game press conferences end. Just remember your nametags.
Only the great Herschel Walker could do it better, might have to make a cameo just to see who all these people are.
dizlutheastt218

Post by dizlutheastt218 »

keep it all public on here... duluth4 and i might need to crash this
"lets play curling"
east side 218
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

I could hate Karl in person...And buy him drinks?

Can he bring along Lee, so I can hate him too? :lol::lol::lol:
Buy ya a soda after the game!
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Sounds like a preliminary effort is in order this year. Not sure if I could make it as my schedule Saturday afternoon is up in the air as of yet.

I've been in the W 7th establishments, but I favor other joints. I'm sure the American Burger Bar on Wabasha would easily accommodate 10-20.

But I'm a man of the people, so I say let the people decide. Especially since I can't say for sure I'd make it.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

HappyHockeyFan likes it !! :)
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Hey Karl,

Help me out.
According to the Hub, EGF is playing at 11:00 AM on Friday.

At the MSHSL site, it says EGF is playing a 1:00.

I believe that since they played in the evening session yesterday, they are playing at 1:00, correct?
What is a Green Wave anyway?
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Karl's not in yet (must have been a rough night), but I'll help out...

Yes, EGF is playing Cathedral at 1 p.m. since they were both in the night session on Wed (although with the day off, it isn't as important as it used to be).
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I'm in for Sat.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

dueling21 wrote:Karl's not in yet (must have been a rough night), but I'll help out...
Says the guy who was going to go hang out at the Liffey after the game... :P

Looks like we're getting a good group together...let's try to settle on a location today. I will need a few of you to protect me from all the people I've banned who are going to show up and throw eggs at me, though.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

karl(east) wrote:
dueling21 wrote:Karl's not in yet (must have been a rough night), but I'll help out...

Looks like we're getting a good group together...let's try to settle on a location today. I will need a few of you to protect me from all the people I've banned who are going to show up and throw eggs at me, though.
The Shady Bunch are out of the state, not to worry, until next year.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

karl(east) wrote:

Pick out some bar patron you don't like and tell the gang he's me. :mrgreen:

I have a group of two watching up here in Duluth. Me, and my dog. He doesn't care who wins, but he gets really excited whenever I cheer a good play (or an East goal), jumping up on me and such.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Blueblood and Karl made an executive decision to go with McGovern's between the A and AA sessions. I will be going to the press conference after the Class A title game, so I won't be available for a little while afterwards...probably around 3-3:15. Does that work for people?
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

karl(east) wrote:Blueblood and Karl made an executive decision to go with McGovern's between the A and AA sessions. I will be going to the press conference after the Class A title game, so I won't be available for a little while afterwards...probably around 3-3:15. Does that work for people?
Works for me!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Let's confirm this, then. McGovern's back room, roughly 3-4 tomorrow afternoon, subject to delay if the Class A title game goes to OT. Come and show your faces if you're in the neighborhood.