Semi Final - Lakeville North vs Eden Prairie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

Semi Final - Lakeville North vs Eden Prairie

Post by BodyShots »

Both teams won a close 1 goal game in the quarter finals, although how they got there was completely different.

This should be a good one, with both teams having D1 talent on display.

Just becuase I want to see somebody different win the title, I'm going with Lakeville in a low scoring game 3 - 1.
danglingnsnipen15

Post by danglingnsnipen15 »

This should be a great game. EP will be looking for revenge after the ugly loss to LN earlier this season. My prediction is LN 4-2.
Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone »

I will pick EP by one. Low scoring. The revenge factor is in place for the loss this season to North and the speed EP has.
danglingnsnipen15

Post by danglingnsnipen15 »

Defensive Zone wrote:I will pick EP by one. Low scoring. The revenge factor is in place for the loss this season to North and the speed EP has.
This is a definite possibility. I think the goaltending on both ends will be a huge factor in this game as well.
HornetsFan

Post by HornetsFan »

Was I the only one who was not super impressed with LN's play yesterday? If EP can play like they did in the first period vs. Centennial, I think they'll win. EP 3-1 LN
Logiiii

Post by Logiiii »

I got the team in red and black making it to the finals.

No, but seriously I think the way EP has been playing recently will allow them to beat LN
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

EP has not been consistent during the season, and they showed weakness again yesterday by letting a 20ish ranked Centennial team back in the game.

It is remarkable Oettinger does not have any freshman jinxes, so it will be his top 5 goalie stats against a 40- 50th ranked goalie, statistically anyway, albeit a senior.

Snuggerud playing remarkably well with the injury, but clearly not 100%
and can not be as physcial as he otherwise might be.

Hoping Michael Graham steps up big to supplement Spinner, Im very impressed with that kid.

But in the end, Lakevilles high powered offense should carry them into the finals against Edina Saturday night, score about 5 to 2.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Should be a great game. Def won't be the 7-0 whooping LN put on EP over Xmas tourney.

Oettinger is a better goalie than Gerdes and I think it comes down to this.

LN 4-2
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

I think it comes down to EPs discipline. They are incredibly talented but tend to run around a little bit sometimes in the D zone. If they do that and North can establish that forecheck of theirs, it might not be close again. I don't want to see a blowout though so I'll say 4-2 North.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Not sure if this adds anything but Roseau just beat Centenial 5-3......
dumpandhump

Post by dumpandhump »

Before the semi final match-up many were saying how Centennial was going to roll over the Eagles because the cougars were playing their best hockey, including their section wins over highly ranked Maple Grove and Blaine (agreed that those were impressive wins), but after the Cougars lost a hard fought battle back everyone looked down on EP because they were a higher ranked/seeded team that barely beat a 20ish ranked team. So after they lose, Centennial goes from being a potential upset team in the tournament to now being classified as being a lowly ranked team? I agree that the cougars are a team that is better than their record shows, but why is no credit being given to EP? A few of their goals, and many of their scoring chances, were beautiful, unselfish team based plays. I understand the whole cake eater mentality, but when it comes down to it the Eagles do play an entertaining and clean brand of hockey. I guess people just need something or someone to hate.
twolinepass

Post by twolinepass »

dumpandhump wrote:Before the semi final match-up many were saying how Centennial was going to roll over the Eagles because the cougars were playing their best hockey, including their section wins over highly ranked Maple Grove and Blaine (agreed that those were impressive wins), but after the Cougars lost a hard fought battle back everyone looked down on EP because they were a higher ranked/seeded team that barely beat a 20ish ranked team. So after they lose, Centennial goes from being a potential upset team in the tournament to now being classified as being a lowly ranked team? I agree that the cougars are a team that is better than their record shows, but why is no credit being given to EP? A few of their goals, and many of their scoring chances, were beautiful, unselfish team based plays. I understand the whole cake eater mentality, but when it comes down to it the Eagles do play an entertaining and clean brand of hockey. I guess people just need something or someone to hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

twolinepass wrote:
dumpandhump wrote:Before the semi final match-up many were saying how Centennial was going to roll over the Eagles because the cougars were playing their best hockey, including their section wins over highly ranked Maple Grove and Blaine (agreed that those were impressive wins), but after the Cougars lost a hard fought battle back everyone looked down on EP because they were a higher ranked/seeded team that barely beat a 20ish ranked team. So after they lose, Centennial goes from being a potential upset team in the tournament to now being classified as being a lowly ranked team? I agree that the cougars are a team that is better than their record shows, but why is no credit being given to EP? A few of their goals, and many of their scoring chances, were beautiful, unselfish team based plays. I understand the whole cake eater mentality, but when it comes down to it the Eagles do play an entertaining and clean brand of hockey. I guess people just need something or someone to hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc
I didn't realize the BEPs could actually sing that well :D Not bad at all!
green4

Post by green4 »

Maybe because there inconsistent and played rather poorly in the last two periods. :idea:
If they play one period against North they won't win. If they play well for all three periods it should be a good game.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

EP looks tremendous. Great looks on several occasions. Spinner is a sniper
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

This game is looking a bit familiar to the Hermantown/STA Class A final last year. Can LN come back in the 3rd?
BlueLineSpecial

Now THIS is a fun game!
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

Lakeville North is amped up right now because EP is taking cheap shots and roughing it up after the whistle. LN has a chip on their shoulder. :twisted:
BlueLineSpecial

Not sure who will win this game; it's in OT right now. But I'll say this: if either one of these teams wants to have a shot at a title tomorrow night they will need to play a lot better than how they've both played the third and OT. No execution, sloppy passing, slow.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Lou is right...They are both playing to not lose.
Buy ya a soda after the game!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Great game! The Eagles need Spinner back.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

east hockey wrote:Great game! The Eagles need Spinner back.

Lee
It is a great game. The replay showed Spinner getting it right in the jaw/face - didn't look good. I hope he is alright
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

SuperStar wrote:
east hockey wrote:Great game! The Eagles need Spinner back.

Lee
It is a great game. The replay showed Spinner getting it right in the jaw/face - didn't look good. I hope he is alright
We'll see if the OT break gives him a chance to recover. Snuggerud has really been pushing the pace since he went out.
BlueLineSpecial

I thought periods 1, 2 & the second OT were terrific
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

What.a game! Congrats to LN and coach Eigner. Great effort by EP. Spinner is a warrior. Kid has the highest compete /battle level.