Warroad Roseau Co-op

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

All this talk & back and forth banter about who is jealous of whom and who has or hasn't done what is mostly just wasted breath when it comes to the subject of the Warriors and da Sheep. I think that rivalry started a looooong time ago, even before they had a hockey rivalry.

Think I remember one of my folks (who used to live up that way) told me a story many years ago about somebody stealing all the county records and moving the county seat to their town (probably Roseau) in the middle of the night. Not sure if that's true - maybe someone from up that way could fill us in (?)

Uh oh - if it's true, it'll give Warrior fans something else to blame da Sheep fans for !
DmanDad1980

Re: Warroad Roseau Co-op

Post by DmanDad1980 »

SPUDNUT wrote:
25 sheet power wrote:Would a Warroad Roseau Co-op be the end of High school hockey?
You would have to think at the very least they would win the AA title about half the time. No one would be stopping Bethune, Strand, Slyvester, Roth, Yon...
Don't know your Northern MN history very well, do 'ya ?

That'd be like tryin' to make the Hatfields & McCoys live together !
Put 'em on separate lines, separate D pairs, play the hot goalie, keep the chemistry...
Hatfield line(s)... (sounds like the Rangers...)
McCoy lines(s)...

:wink:
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

upnorthfan wrote:It is funny trying to put Roseau down for playing with "the big boys"! Warroad has never won a "big boy tourney" ever, but wants to rip Roseau for doing it and winning it and competing in it this year. Warroad can say anything they want, but the fact is they will never have what Roseau has, ever. Enjoy playing Class A, nothing wrong with that, but when you have had a taste of the big tourney, there really is no comparison. I will guarantee you that Roseau going AA had nothing to do with lack of success in A. That is something silly for those who don't have the guts to move up to try justify where they are at. Have a good summer!
Who's trying to put them down? Warroad's A but that doesn't change the fact that over the last 20 years Warroad has been the better program. roso has only won 16 games in the last 20 years to Warroads 29. Not to mention Warroads sent more kids to collage and has more kids playing in the NHl. Even is we pretend Byfuglien somehow has something to do with Ram hockey.
ramstein

Post by ramstein »

Funny how this went from something to brag about in that the great number of hockey that Roseau and Warroad has produced in the last couple of years and how great they would be if they were co-oped. To a finger pointing match between Warroad and Roseau.

People are suffering from hockey withdrawal and this is the best they can come up with.
:roll:
Flin Flon

Post by Flin Flon »

Any Roseau rubes out their who can answer if there has been talk about Roseau moving back to class "A".. I hear rumblings from afar that may be the case?? I know Roseau has alot of pride in their program.. Or is this just a Rumor or Maybe just at the Youth Level?
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

Flin Flon wrote:Any Roseau rubes out their who can answer if there has been talk about Roseau moving back to class "A".. I hear rumblings from afar that may be the case?? I know Roseau has alot of pride in their program.. Or is this just a Rumor or Maybe just at the Youth Level?
Not Happening.
bsmguy

Post by bsmguy »

A few mergers that worked and some that did not:

Edina East and Edina West merged. They used to hate each other but succeeded together.

Lincoln and Jefferson merged in the 80's and created a powerhouse.

Lakeville South and North merged this year (okay, not officially. But most of the players came over).

Kennedy's best went to Jefferson recently, then Kennedy beat them this year.

Eveleth merged with Gilbert but is still tiny.

The best Woarroad and Roseau kids start palying together in the summers at about age 10. The kids could do it at high school. but the parents...
UpNorthMom

Post by UpNorthMom »

Can we be done with this thread already? How about talk about something more probable, like the Vikings and Packers joining forces?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Ram Hockey wrote:
Flin Flon wrote:Any Roseau rubes out their who can answer if there has been talk about Roseau moving back to class "A".. I hear rumblings from afar that may be the case?? I know Roseau has alot of pride in their program.. Or is this just a Rumor or Maybe just at the Youth Level?
Not Happening.
Hope you're right - would be a shame to lose that history.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

SPUDNUT wrote:
Ram Hockey wrote:
Not Happening.
Hope you're right - would be a shame to lose that history.
How would you lose the history?

Maybe lose the future you mean?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Meant exactly what I said - you can't figure it out ?