USNTDP Tryout Camp Invites

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Exiled One

USNTDP Tryout Camp Invites

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Congrats to these talented Minnesotans!

Code: Select all

F   Joey Anderson 	    Roseville, Minn. 	       Hill-Murray School (Minn.)
F	Kieffer Bellows	   Edina, Minn.	            Edina (Minn.) High School
F	Mitchell Mattson     Grand Rapids, Minn.	     Grand Rapids (Minn.) High School
F	Riley Tufte	       Ham Lake, Minn.	         Blaine (Minn.) High School
F	Garrett Wait	      Edina, Minn.	            Edina (Minn.) High School
D	Matthew Hellickson	Rogers, Minn.	           Rogers (Minn.) High School
D	Matthew Kiersted	  Elk River, Minn.	        Elk River / Zimmerman High School
D	Ryan Lindgren	     Minneapolis, Minn.	      Shattuck-St. Mary's (Minn.)
D	Sam Rossini	       Inver Grove Heights, Minn. Burnsville (Minn.) High School
G	Ryan Edquist	      Lakeville, Minn.	        Shattuck-St. Mary's (Minn.)
G	Jake Oettinger	    Lakeville, Minn.	        Lakeville (Minn.) North High School
G	Dayton Rasmussen	  Eden Prairie, Minn.	     Holy Family Catholic High School
http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/sho ... _id=666974
Last edited by The Exiled One on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Add on Joey Anderson too

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Are these just 98s?

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:Add on Joey Anderson too
Thanks. Fixed.
Sats81 wrote:Are these just 98s?
Yes

TheInsider

Post by TheInsider » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Heard Joey Anderson already made the team? And will be headed there next year. Did anyone else hear that?

mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:16 pm

J. Anderson won't be back at HM I believe. Couple very good HM sources with the team have said as much.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 pm

If Joey goes, Mikey wont be far behind next year?

Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 am

WestMetro wrote:If Joey goes, Mikey wont be far behind next year?
Their departures (if/when they happen) will be a hit to HM, but certainly can't blame them for leaving.

Lecroixwhl

Post by Lecroixwhl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Congrats to all of these players, there are always tough decisions that are made when picking this group. My comments below are not intended to say any of these players are better than the others, again, tough decisions for sure. Just head scratchers for me.

How are these guys left off the invite?

Austen Long - F - Spring Lake Park HS

and 3 players from Omaha U16's - this is the #2 ranked team in the country and all 3 of these 98's play prominent roles.

Ethan Frank - F
Dalton Galley - D

Cole Weaver - G - he is ranked by every scouting service and every scout I ever talk too as easily one of the top 6 goalies at this age?

My best guess on Long and Weaver is they had too many MN kids already and just couldn't invite more. Especially 4 of 6 goalies.

Oh well, I understand all 4 of these guys are protected or have been offered WHL contracts. Thanks NTDP could be the WHL benefit?

badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Lecroixwhl wrote:Congrats to all of these players, there are always tough decisions that are made when picking this group. My comments below are not intended to say any of these players are better than the others, again, tough decisions for sure. Just head scratchers for me.

and 3 players from Omaha U16's - this is the #2 ranked team in the country and all 3 of these 98's play prominent roles.

Ethan Frank - F
Dalton Galley - D

Cole Weaver - G - he is ranked by every scouting service and every scout I ever talk too as easily one of the top 6 goalies at this age?

My best guess on Long and Weaver is they had too many MN kids already and just couldn't invite more. Especially 4 of 6 goalies.

Oh well, I understand all 4 of these guys are protected or have been offered WHL contracts. Thanks NTDP could be the WHL benefit?
Really??? - Do you follow the Omaha U16 team to the point where you know which kids play "prominent roles"?

What Scouting Services are you referring to?

"Thanks NTDP could be the WHL benefit" - are you implying that because these kids did not get asked to go to a tryout that they are going to pass on playing college hockey??? If so, I don't know if that is either incredibly stupid or incredibly egotistical by thinking that if USA Hockey isn't going to commit to my child's development into the NHL than it leaves me with no other option than to send him to the WHL...give me a break.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:10 pm

badgermom78 wrote:
Lecroixwhl wrote:Congrats to all of these players, there are always tough decisions that are made when picking this group. My comments below are not intended to say any of these players are better than the others, again, tough decisions for sure. Just head scratchers for me.

Ethan Frank - F
Dalton Galley - D

Really??? - Do you follow the Omaha U16 team to the point where you know which kids play "prominent roles"?

What Scouting Services are you referring to?

"Thanks NTDP could be the WHL benefit" - are you implying that because these kids did not get asked to go to a tryout that they are going to pass on playing college hockey??? If so, I don't know if that is either incredibly stupid or incredibly egotistical by thinking that if USA Hockey isn't going to commit to my child's development into the NHL than it leaves me with no other option than to send him to the WHL...give me a break.
=D>

Lecroixwhl

Post by Lecroixwhl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Badgermom -I follow the entire US 97-99 group, have been for the last two years as it is my job to know this group. I have seen Omaha play at least 20X, I also have contacts on just about every team in AAA hockey and High School hockey so yes, I do know which guys play prominent roles. With the exception of 2 players I have seen all the players invited to the NTDP camp at least 10X each and most more over the last couple years.

No, I'm not implying anything other than there are a few 98's that have not made commitments to WHL clubs because it was there dream to play for the NTDP program and represent their country and that would have been their first choice, has nothing to do with College at this point.

Do some checking around online and you will find more than a couple college scouting services but most of them you have to pay for the information. I'm not doing your work for you, I've already done it.

Lecroixwhl

Post by Lecroixwhl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Admittedly though my comment "thanks NTDP could be the WHL's benefit" wasn't a very good choice of words. I can see how that might set some people off. Not a very good comment on my part, sorry about that. Didn't really mean it the way it sounded. I guess I just mean since the NTDP option is closed, other options present themselves and the WHL is just one of them that many top players have and yes some of them may choose this option because it is in front of them now and a College scholarship in the US may or may not come later. It's a risk these top players and families have to weigh.

I really don't want to get into another College, vs. WHL battle that's been beaten to death.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Lecroix, Jakob Chychrun is also not on the list. There are some good players that weren't invited for various reasons.
Be kind. Rewind.

nobama

Post by nobama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 pm

The program was put in place to win gold Olympic medals :^o

what reasoning would do such a stupid thing like that :idea:

badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 am

Lecroixwhl wrote:Badgermom -I follow the entire US 97-99 group, have been for the last two years as it is my job to know this group. I have seen Omaha play at least 20X, I also have contacts on just about every team in AAA hockey and High School hockey so yes, I do know which guys play prominent roles. With the exception of 2 players I have seen all the players invited to the NTDP camp at least 10X each and most more over the last couple years.

No, I'm not implying anything other than there are a few 98's that have not made commitments to WHL clubs because it was there dream to play for the NTDP program and represent their country and that would have been their first choice, has nothing to do with College at this point.

Do some checking around online and you will find more than a couple college scouting services but most of them you have to pay for the information. I'm not doing your work for you, I've already done it.
So it is your "job" to know the entire 97 - 99 age group from coast to coast? You must be the most advanced scout in the country and your Rolodex AAA and HS contacts sounds amazing!

:roll:

badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:56 am

Lecroixwhl wrote:Admittedly though my comment "thanks NTDP could be the WHL's benefit" wasn't a very good choice of words. I can see how that might set some people off. Not a very good comment on my part, sorry about that. Didn't really mean it the way it sounded. I guess I just mean since the NTDP option is closed, other options present themselves and the WHL is just one of them that many top players have and yes some of them may choose this option because it is in front of them now and a College scholarship in the US may or may not come later. It's a risk these top players and families have to weigh.

I really don't want to get into another College, vs. WHL battle that's been beaten to death.
Your smartest post yet.

Traxler

Post by Traxler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 am

If these kids make the U-17 team does that mean that they won't be playing high school hockey next year? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just not sure how this works.

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

Traxler wrote:If these kids make the U-17 team does that mean that they won't be playing high school hockey next year? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just not sure how this works.
Correct. They'll play the majority of their games in the USHL, but will also get to represent the USA in a few international tournaments.

Almost every past NTDP team has included a few Minnesotans.

Traxler

Post by Traxler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

The Exiled One wrote:
Traxler wrote:If these kids make the U-17 team does that mean that they won't be playing high school hockey next year? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just not sure how this works.
Correct. They'll play the majority of their games in the USHL, but will also get to represent the USA in a few international tournaments.

Almost every past NTDP team has included a few Minnesotans.
Thanks a lot!

Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Ive seen the three 98 oamha kids play and they are better than some of the kids mn picked.

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Whopper2 wrote:Ive seen the three 98 oamha kids play and they are better than some of the kids mn picked.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Whopper2 wrote:Ive seen the three 98 oamha kids play and they are better than some of the kids mn picked.
Chill out. The NTDP team already has a very good idea who they want. Tryout is only a courtesy. Politics and influence determine the players who are invited but won't be selected.

RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:25 am

BigMac : Ive seen none of the oamha kids play and I know they dont even scratch the surface when it comes to comparing to MINNESOTA KIDS. How many Olympians has oamha racked up? I really think its spelled Omaha but you spelled oamha. :twisted:

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Chill out. The NTDP team already has a very good idea who they want. Tryout is only a courtesy. Politics and influence determine the players who are invited but won't be selected.

Yep.