13-14' All Forum team

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70
Posts: 13098
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

elliott70 wrote:Okay vote for top 10(1 being best) and also for these categories.

Note: Moderators are like Achiever Academy hockey players, they are NOT eligible.


Votes in by March 20 by PM to ELLIOTT70


Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
Votes coming in hot and heavy....
keep it up.

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 am

Puckstopper has to be the most hated[in jest of course]

dizlutheastt218
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by dizlutheastt218 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 pm

-- self proclaimed drunkest poster on the forums --
"lets play curling"
east side 218

Sartellcelly
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 am

awards

Post by Sartellcelly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:52 pm

I nominate batafa88 for Best Defender of the Faith. He was relentless in criticizing Giles and crew for jettisoning several seniors in tryouts for the Edina 2011-12 team that went to the state tournament and lost on a late goal in the quarters to BSM, the eventual state champion. Most off that 11-12 team then played on the Hornets state title team in 12-13, and a few still on the current championship team.

It takes great passion to press those points in the face of the program's success since the cuts.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
east hockey wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
karl(east) wrote:First off, I love everything about this thread. I wish I could quote all of it. Delicious. :)

I'll have to get my ballot in. I see Elliott's giving me til the 20th, so I'll take my time. Gotta do my research--there are lots of good candidates. For the sake of transparency I'll make my ballot public, too, lest anyone thing we admins are stuffing the ballot box...

One note, though: unless I really missed something, PuckU is not the guy who runs FollowThePuck. He has been MIA this year, though I believe he's still lurking out there. C'mon, man, show us some signs of life...

I'm also wondering about Elliott's comment on being able to pay off the people who run the site. When did he leave Bemidji for Edina?
Thought that Puck had mentioned it before on here... Now you have me wondering..

His info on here has a link to followthepuck.com/blog and his tag line is "The Puck"

Not sure why he'd have a link to that site, if not..
Puck lists his location as Minnesota. I thought Doug lived in Sioux Falls.

Lee
Always figured that "Doug" was "Puck". Maybe "Puck" wants to be "Doug"?

Maybe "Karl", with his press reporting, can do an I-spy investigational report on the missing "Puck".?

:shock:
Puck?

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:42 pm

First rule of the all-forum team: you don't nominate yourself
Second rule of the all-forum team: you do NOT nominate yourself
Third rule: there is no limit to the number of users to a debate
Fourth rule: if someone says 'stop', goes limp, or taps out, then the thread is over
Fifth rule: one debate at a time
Sixth rule: no swearing, no dirty pics
Seventh rule of the all-forum team: debates will go on as long as they have to
Eighth rule of the all-forum team: if this is your first night at the forum, you HAVE to debate
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by fastncrash » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 am

MrBoDangles wrote:
east hockey wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
karl(east) wrote:First off, I love everything about this thread. I wish I could quote all of it. Delicious. :)

I'll have to get my ballot in. I see Elliott's giving me til the 20th, so I'll take my time. Gotta do my research--there are lots of good candidates. For the sake of transparency I'll make my ballot public, too, lest anyone thing we admins are stuffing the ballot box...

One note, though: unless I really missed something, PuckU is not the guy who runs FollowThePuck. He has been MIA this year, though I believe he's still lurking out there. C'mon, man, show us some signs of life...

I'm also wondering about Elliott's comment on being able to pay off the people who run the site. When did he leave Bemidji for Edina?
Thought that Puck had mentioned it before on here... Now you have me wondering..

His info on here has a link to followthepuck.com/blog and his tag line is "The Puck"

Not sure why he'd have a link to that site, if not..
Puck lists his location as Minnesota. I thought Doug lived in Sioux Falls.

Lee
Always figured that "Doug" was "Puck". Maybe "Puck" wants to be "Doug"?

Maybe "Karl", with his press reporting, can do an I-spy investigational report on the missing "Puck".?

:shock:
"Pucks" Son was the BEST player in SD... Shortly after he made that comment and thought about it, he stopped making that comment and went into seclusion.

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 am

I was talking about Thepuckstopshere.

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:26 am

Ogie wrote:Not to derail, but where has PuckU126 been?
PuckU126 and starmvp deserve the "most irrelevant" posters of the year.

SuperStar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:26 am

Post by SuperStar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 am

elliott70 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Okay vote for top 10(1 being best) and also for these categories.

Note: Moderators are like Achiever Academy hockey players, they are NOT eligible.


Votes in by March 20 by PM to ELLIOTT70


Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
Votes coming in hot and heavy....
keep it up.
If the votes are still coming in at a steady pace...Might have to think about 2 Teams..(1)All Forum and (2) All Forum Honorable Mention..?

ZachHalverson
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by ZachHalverson » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 am

This is a great idea. I've been looking for an incentive to make great posts and this should totally be a yearly thing. My nominees...

Best Defender of the Faith - karl (east) ranked his Greyhounds in like every single one of his rankings. He probably has Mike Randolph's number on speed dial. And the ego of this guy is bigger than hatred Mike Randolph has for the Embellishment penalty. Kudos to karl for not wearing his East jersey in the press box though.

Top Literary Assassin - Cadets16, because beginning threads with one sentence about the lack of knowledge about a team's mascot is, well, very succinct.

Best Signature Line - BlueLineSpecial, the City of Hill-Murray was especially beautiful on 2/28 of this year.

Most Hated (in jest of course) - grandmeadowhockeyfan. What do you guys think about Section 2 in the Ted Brill Great 8 this year?

Best Score Predictor - I don't freaking know, I only pay attention to my awful predictions. I'll give it to Northsider so maybe he'll start feeling better about what an awful tourney this is now.

Worst Score Predictor -
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:


Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - Hill-Murray, between East Side Pioneer Guy, BlueLineSpecial, stpaul, and more, Hill-Murray has plenty of citizens on here. Duluth East is a very close second.

Rookie of the Year - puckbreath, see this thread.

MVP - elliot70 for letting me know what games were happening every single day. This guy gives a lot of his valuable time to the forum, it should be recognized properly.



This needs to be a regular thing, along with ForumFest 2015 during the tourney next year in St. Paul.

goldy313
Posts: 3244
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Post by goldy313 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 am

Worst score predictor: 3AHockeyscout, hands down run away winner, he had Luverne losing to anyone and everyone, he had them winning about 5 games and with the worst coach in Minnesota, well Luverne lost twice and their coach was coach of the year.

Rookie of the year: a group award the Lakeville North parents who showed up in March to make me look like a passive section 1 proponent. Of course they're all long time readers first time posters.......yet don't know when the rankings come out or have names like goaliemom29 and can breakdown the whereabouts of kids from kindergarten through high school but are only casual fans :D

DrGaf
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by DrGaf » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 am

SuperStar wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Okay vote for top 10(1 being best) and also for these categories.

Note: Moderators are like Achiever Academy hockey players, they are NOT eligible.


Votes in by March 20 by PM to ELLIOTT70


Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
Votes coming in hot and heavy....
keep it up.
If the votes are still coming in at a steady pace...Might have to think about 2 Teams..(1)All Forum and (2) All Forum Honorable Mention..?
I had my sights set on a participation award. Preferably one of those nifty little trophies.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 am

ZachHalverson wrote:

Worst Score Predictor -
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:

Urge to kill....rising...
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6855
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:32 am

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:

Worst Score Predictor -
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:

Urge to kill....rising...
Hey, sometimes one puts their foot in their mouth. Other times, the whole shoe store ends up in there. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 pm

east hockey wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:

Worst Score Predictor -
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:

Urge to kill....rising...
Hey, sometimes one puts their foot in their mouth. Other times, the whole shoe store ends up in there. :mrgreen:

Lee
At times like this I just look in the mirror and I say to myself "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me"
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

SuperStar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:26 am

Post by SuperStar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 pm

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
east hockey wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:

Worst Score Predictor -
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
bkrrrrr wrote:Sounds like Hail-Money is getting nervous. You'll hear plenty of noise once the puck drops. Until then...shhhhhh
Nope. This is the least nervous I've been in years. Stillwater has no shot. They also have no fans on this forum so it's a one sided debate :lol:

Urge to kill....rising...
Hey, sometimes one puts their foot in their mouth. Other times, the whole shoe store ends up in there. :mrgreen:

Lee
At times like this I just look in the mirror and I say to myself "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me"
LMAO...That was good!

elliott70
Posts: 13098
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:39 am

STILL TIME TO VOTE!

elliott70 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Okay vote for top 10(1 being best) and also for these categories.

Note: Moderators are like Achiever Academy hockey players, they are NOT eligible.


Votes in by March 20 by PM to ELLIOTT70


Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
Votes coming in hot and heavy....
keep it up.

Nuts&Bolts
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Think the MSHSL permanently stripped my eligibility from anything having to do with high school puck and never had success at the "elite" level. To follow BlueLines lead I was caught having a few beers "Down by the river". But wouldn't most of us bored posters over 18 - errr 21 - have eligibility issues? Good luck to all but I really look forward to the trash talking that will fly after! :P

Sk8 Str8
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Sk8 Str8 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

A little disappointed there is no award for a Poster with two (minimum) user names who carries on conversations with his (or her) alter egos...usually to pump up said Posters son/cousin/nephew/grandson (we could call it the Brown Family Lifetime Achievement Award) :D

karl(east)
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Sk8 Str8 wrote:A little disappointed there is no award for a Poster with two (minimum) user names who carries on conversations with his (or her) alter egos...usually to pump up said Posters son/cousin/nephew/grandson (we could call it the Brown Family Lifetime Achievement Award) :D
:-# :-# :-# :wink:

And now, after much research, deep thought, and hours of meditation in a lonely ice fishing hut on Lake Superior, I present my All-Forum Team ballot.

Best defender of the faith: Sats81, Lakeville North. The Panthers got a lot more attention than usual this year, and when the criticism came along with it, Sats was there every step of the way to defend the team. Plenty of good candidates here, but Sats really stepped up his game as the season went along. Gotta be clutch down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Honorable mention: TheHockeyDJ (Grand Rapids), notTONIGHT (Luverne). HSHockeywatcher has traditionally been a strong candidate, but with STA in AA he didn’t need to do as much this season. Though everyone in this field is lucky that scorekeeper’s kid left Minnesota, since he put all of you to shame. (Or at least I assume he does. His posts are so long-winded that I never read them.)

Top literary assassin—elliott70, who’s still got it long past 70.

Best Signature Line—For good use of a season-long joke on here, I’ll go with Slammer’s “DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.”
Honorable mention: BlueLineSpecial, Ogie, probably some other people whose taglines I’m so used to seeing that I don’t think twice about them anymore. thestickler07’s is sadly outdated now.

Most hated (in jest of course)—Section3AHockeyScout hands down, for his superb trolling of the Luverne fans all season long.

Best Score Predictor— DrGaf, for picking 69 for everything every single week.
Honorable mention to hockeyman84, the champion of the season-long Pick’Em, and to Sats81, who did nail his share of actual scores on game threads.

Worst Score Predictor—A second award for Section3AHockeyScout, for getting every single Luverne score wrong, usually by a lot.

Most Rabid Forum Fanbase—Grand Rapids. Has there ever been so much interest in a team that wasn’t a Cinderella story, and also struggled to crack the top 15 all season long? Maybe that’s unfair—they did have two of the more exciting players in the state to watch—but the fans kept them on the radar from start to finish. They may also have more internal debate than any other fan base, at least this year. Even into the offseason, it doesn’t look like that’s changing…
Honorable mention: Luverne, plus the usual suspects like Hill-Murray and Duluth East.

Rookie of the year—Nevertoomuchhockey. Active across several forums, wading into all the big debates, mounting valiant defenses of privates schools, all over the Achiever situation...what more could you ask for?
Honorable mentions: puckbreath, Traxler

MVP—Ooh, this is a tough one. Do I go with the guy who gets me my press pass? The guy who bought me beers the first day of the Tourney? Do I go back and count to see who complimented my rankings most often? The people who tried to organize the forum meet-up on the last day of the Tourney? The people who give me on-air shoutouts? (Other than Zach Halverson of course, how dare he suggest I have a big ego?) The guy I do not know who tweeted “Just saw @KarlEastHockey walk into mcgoverns #legend” during the Tourney?

Or I suppose I could, you know, actually base the award on merit. A novel idea in MN hockey circles, I know. I’ll give it to someone who quietly puts an awful lot of time and effort into this forum. MnHockeyFan gets my MVP vote.

It was hard to pick, though, and that’s a tribute to many of you. But not all of you. :P

Disclaimer for anyone who can’t figure it out: all ribbing here is in good-natured jest.
Last edited by karl(east) on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 pm

karl(east) wrote:
Sk8 Str8 wrote:A little disappointed there is no award for a Poster with two (minimum) user names who carries on conversations with his (or her) alter egos...usually to pump up said Posters son/cousin/nephew/grandson (we could call it the Brown Family Lifetime Achievement Award) :D
:-# :-# :-# :wink:

And now, after much research, deep thought, and hours of meditation in a lonely ice fishing hut on Lake Superior, I present my All-Forum Team ballot.

Best defender of the faith: Sats81, Lakeville North. The Panthers got a lot more attention than usual this year, and when the criticism came along with it, Sats was there every step of the way to defend the team. Plenty of good candidates here, but Sats really stepped up his game as the season went along. Gotta be clutch down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Honorable mention: TheHockeyDJ (Grand Rapids), notTONIGHT (Luverne). HSHockeywatcher has traditionally been a strong candidate, but with STA in AA he didn’t need to do as much this season. Though everyone in this field is lucky that scorekeeper’s kid left Minnesota, since he put all of you to shame. (Or at least I assume he does. His posts are so long-winded that I never read them.)

Top literary assassin—elliott70, who’s still got it long past 70.

Best Signature Line—For good use of a season-long joke on here, I’ll go with Slammer’s “DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.”
Honorable mention: BlueLineSpecial, Ogie, probably some other people whose taglines I’m so used to seeing that I don’t think twice about them anymore. thestickler07’s is sadly outdated now.

Most hated (in jest of course)—Section3AHockeyScout hands down, for his superb trolling of the Luverne fans all season long.

Best Score Predictor— DrGaf, for picking 69 for everything every single week.
Honorable mention to hockeyman84, the champion of the season-long Pick’Em, and to Sats81, who did nail his share of actual scores on game threads.

Worst Score Predictor—A second award for Section3AHockeyScout, for getting every single Luverne score wrong, usually by a lot.

Most Rabid Forum Fanbase—Grand Rapids. Has there ever been so much interest in a team that wasn’t a Cinderella story, and also struggled to crack the top 15 all season long? Maybe that’s unfair—they did have two of the more exciting players in the state to watch—but the fans kept them on the radar from start to finish. They may also have more internal debate than any other fan base, at least this year. Even into the offseason, it doesn’t look like that’s changing…
Honorable mention: Luverne, plus the usual suspects like Hill-Murray and Duluth East.

Rookie of the year—Nevertoomuchhockey. Active across several forums, wading into all the big debates, mounting valiant defenses of privates schools, all over the Achiever situation...what more could you ask for?
Honorable mentions: puckbreath, Traxler

MVP—Ooh, this is a tough one. Do I go with the guy who gets me my press pass? The guy who bought me beers the first day of the Tourney? Do I go back and count to see who complimented my rankings most often? The people who tried to organize the forum meet-up on the last day of the Tourney? The people who give me on-air shoutouts? (Other than Zach Halverson of course, how dare he suggest I have a big ego?) The guy I do not know who tweeted “Just saw @KarlEastHockey walk into mcgoverns #legend” during the Tourney?

Or I suppose I could, you know, actually base the award on merit. A novel idea in MN hockey circles, I know. I’ll give it to someone who quietly puts an awful lot of time and effort into this forum. MnHockeyFan[/u] gets my MVP vote.

It was hard to pick, though, and that’s a tribute to many of you. But not all of you. :P

Disclaimer for anyone who can’t figure it out: all ribbing here is in good-natured jest.


Sigh.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride :lol:

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 pm

puckbreath wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Sk8 Str8 wrote:A little disappointed there is no award for a Poster with two (minimum) user names who carries on conversations with his (or her) alter egos...usually to pump up said Posters son/cousin/nephew/grandson (we could call it the Brown Family Lifetime Achievement Award) :D
:-# :-# :-# :wink:

And now, after much research, deep thought, and hours of meditation in a lonely ice fishing hut on Lake Superior, I present my All-Forum Team ballot.

Best defender of the faith: Sats81, Lakeville North. The Panthers got a lot more attention than usual this year, and when the criticism came along with it, Sats was there every step of the way to defend the team. Plenty of good candidates here, but Sats really stepped up his game as the season went along. Gotta be clutch down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Honorable mention: TheHockeyDJ (Grand Rapids), notTONIGHT (Luverne). HSHockeywatcher has traditionally been a strong candidate, but with STA in AA he didn’t need to do as much this season. Though everyone in this field is lucky that scorekeeper’s kid left Minnesota, since he put all of you to shame. (Or at least I assume he does. His posts are so long-winded that I never read them.)

Top literary assassin—elliott70, who’s still got it long past 70.

Best Signature Line—For good use of a season-long joke on here, I’ll go with Slammer’s “DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.”
Honorable mention: BlueLineSpecial, Ogie, probably some other people whose taglines I’m so used to seeing that I don’t think twice about them anymore. thestickler07’s is sadly outdated now.

Most hated (in jest of course)—Section3AHockeyScout hands down, for his superb trolling of the Luverne fans all season long.

Best Score Predictor— DrGaf, for picking 69 for everything every single week.
Honorable mention to hockeyman84, the champion of the season-long Pick’Em, and to Sats81, who did nail his share of actual scores on game threads.

Worst Score Predictor—A second award for Section3AHockeyScout, for getting every single Luverne score wrong, usually by a lot.

Most Rabid Forum Fanbase—Grand Rapids. Has there ever been so much interest in a team that wasn’t a Cinderella story, and also struggled to crack the top 15 all season long? Maybe that’s unfair—they did have two of the more exciting players in the state to watch—but the fans kept them on the radar from start to finish. They may also have more internal debate than any other fan base, at least this year. Even into the offseason, it doesn’t look like that’s changing…
Honorable mention: Luverne, plus the usual suspects like Hill-Murray and Duluth East.

Rookie of the year—Nevertoomuchhockey. Active across several forums, wading into all the big debates, mounting valiant defenses of privates schools, all over the Achiever situation...what more could you ask for?
Honorable mentions: puckbreath, Traxler

MVP—Ooh, this is a tough one. Do I go with the guy who gets me my press pass? The guy who bought me beers the first day of the Tourney? Do I go back and count to see who complimented my rankings most often? The people who tried to organize the forum meet-up on the last day of the Tourney? The people who give me on-air shoutouts? (Other than Zach Halverson of course, how dare he suggest I have a big ego?) The guy I do not know who tweeted “Just saw @KarlEastHockey walk into mcgoverns #legend” during the Tourney?

Or I suppose I could, you know, actually base the award on merit. A novel idea in MN hockey circles, I know. I’ll give it to someone who quietly puts an awful lot of time and effort into this forum. MnHockeyFan[/u] gets my MVP vote.

It was hard to pick, though, and that’s a tribute to many of you. But not all of you. :P

Disclaimer for anyone who can’t figure it out: all ribbing here is in good-natured jest.


Sigh.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride :lol:


Don't be discouraged young padawan. That's just one vote. You still have a shot at the title when the final results are out
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year

Sats81
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sats81 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Truly honored to pick something up at the awards ceremony this year! the honorable mention for picking scores was great too!

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:48 pm

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Sk8 Str8 wrote:A little disappointed there is no award for a Poster with two (minimum) user names who carries on conversations with his (or her) alter egos...usually to pump up said Posters son/cousin/nephew/grandson (we could call it the Brown Family Lifetime Achievement Award) :D
:-# :-# :-# :wink:

And now, after much research, deep thought, and hours of meditation in a lonely ice fishing hut on Lake Superior, I present my All-Forum Team ballot.

Best defender of the faith: Sats81, Lakeville North. The Panthers got a lot more attention than usual this year, and when the criticism came along with it, Sats was there every step of the way to defend the team. Plenty of good candidates here, but Sats really stepped up his game as the season went along. Gotta be clutch down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Honorable mention: TheHockeyDJ (Grand Rapids), notTONIGHT (Luverne). HSHockeywatcher has traditionally been a strong candidate, but with STA in AA he didn’t need to do as much this season. Though everyone in this field is lucky that scorekeeper’s kid left Minnesota, since he put all of you to shame. (Or at least I assume he does. His posts are so long-winded that I never read them.)

Top literary assassin—elliott70, who’s still got it long past 70.

Best Signature Line—For good use of a season-long joke on here, I’ll go with Slammer’s “DE could've "easily" won state the last 5 years.”
Honorable mention: BlueLineSpecial, Ogie, probably some other people whose taglines I’m so used to seeing that I don’t think twice about them anymore. thestickler07’s is sadly outdated now.

Most hated (in jest of course)—Section3AHockeyScout hands down, for his superb trolling of the Luverne fans all season long.

Best Score Predictor— DrGaf, for picking 69 for everything every single week.
Honorable mention to hockeyman84, the champion of the season-long Pick’Em, and to Sats81, who did nail his share of actual scores on game threads.

Worst Score Predictor—A second award for Section3AHockeyScout, for getting every single Luverne score wrong, usually by a lot.

Most Rabid Forum Fanbase—Grand Rapids. Has there ever been so much interest in a team that wasn’t a Cinderella story, and also struggled to crack the top 15 all season long? Maybe that’s unfair—they did have two of the more exciting players in the state to watch—but the fans kept them on the radar from start to finish. They may also have more internal debate than any other fan base, at least this year. Even into the offseason, it doesn’t look like that’s changing…
Honorable mention: Luverne, plus the usual suspects like Hill-Murray and Duluth East.

Rookie of the year—Nevertoomuchhockey. Active across several forums, wading into all the big debates, mounting valiant defenses of privates schools, all over the Achiever situation...what more could you ask for?
Honorable mentions: puckbreath, Traxler

MVP—Ooh, this is a tough one. Do I go with the guy who gets me my press pass? The guy who bought me beers the first day of the Tourney? Do I go back and count to see who complimented my rankings most often? The people who tried to organize the forum meet-up on the last day of the Tourney? The people who give me on-air shoutouts? (Other than Zach Halverson of course, how dare he suggest I have a big ego?) The guy I do not know who tweeted “Just saw @KarlEastHockey walk into mcgoverns #legend” during the Tourney?

Or I suppose I could, you know, actually base the award on merit. A novel idea in MN hockey circles, I know. I’ll give it to someone who quietly puts an awful lot of time and effort into this forum. MnHockeyFan[/u] gets my MVP vote.

It was hard to pick, though, and that’s a tribute to many of you. But not all of you. :P

Disclaimer for anyone who can’t figure it out: all ribbing here is in good-natured jest.


Sigh.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride :lol:


Don't be discouraged young padawan. That's just one vote. You still have a shot at the title when the final results are out


Who's palm does a guy hafta grease around this joint ?

All I can say, is whoever wins better post photos of the award presentation girls at the ceremony.

Post Reply