13-14' All Forum team

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:Personally, I think we need to have categories. Like the Oscars!

Some examples:

Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
Waste of time asking people to vote in that last category, unless you also add

"MVP Other Than karl"
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

almostashappy wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:Personally, I think we need to have categories. Like the Oscars!

Some examples:

Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

"MVP Other Than karl"
Ahhhh, but therein lies the question I was just pondering....
Can a moderator win an award?
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Okay vote for top 10(1 being best) and also for these categories.

Note: Moderators are like Achiever Academy hockey players, they are NOT eligible.

Votes in by March 20 by PM to ELLIOTT70

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
almostashappy wrote:

Some examples:

"MVP Other Than karl"
It depends on how much they can stuff the ballot box.

But the easiest way is for Mitch, Karl or I to create a poll for voting on the MVP, have us three vote, and then lock the topic! :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

east hockey wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
almostashappy wrote: Waste of time asking people to vote in that last category, unless you also add

"MVP Other Than karl"
It depends on how much they can stuff the ballot box.

But the easiest way is for Mitch, Karl or I to create a poll for voting on the MVP, have us three vote, and then lock the topic! :mrgreen:

Lee
There are those that know how to override any system.
And those of us with the money to pay them.

:D :D
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

1) karleast- who would of thought that one of our own would become famous? Now talks of himself in the third person. Heard he's trying to sue "Karl" (same birthyear) from the walking dead for infringement rights.

2) oldgoalie85- has a boy or girl at every age level possible..... The thought of tier 1 hockey taking over Minnesota, and having to pay for it, makes him drink more beer.

3) DJ- loves his Grand Rapids deeply.., but can't control his dirty fantasies about duluths Amsoil arena and the skywalks that lead him there.

4) gogherblog- any gopher recruit is all world. Any talent they didn't get has "obvious problems" that he'll make all attempts to point out.

5) elliot1909- old timer, been around since the creation of the hockey forum and hockey. Hooked up to an I-V and the hockey forum as a form of life support.

6)backwoodsoldtimer- used to love Grand Rapids and high school hockey, but some type of tragedy must have changed that.. Would be totally off the grid if it wasn't for the hockey forum. If you see a guy on 2 dragging road kill off the road in a ghillies suit, you'll know it's him.

7) easthockey- the nazi party is alive and well through east. There's a whole other hockey forum filled (12 of them) with guys he's terminated.

8 imlisteningtofnsong- achie....omahaU....Portland winterhawks are the greatest thing since.....!!! Currently drives a 80's model pinto and feeds his family peanut butter to be able to afford hockey. Has big plans to drive his boys out to Portland this summer. They're still trying to figure out how all their heads are going to fit out the sunroof of the pinto.

9)tigers33- he'll argue with you about the gophers, Edina.... Whatever. He'll argue the other side and then you'll read later on that he agreed with you the whole time.

10) mitchhawker- who is this mystery administrator that has three posts in the last five years? Hard to get a read on him..

Tough leadership, old world smarts, mystery, size, Hollywood flare and fight. A dream team!

:wink:
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

:lol: :lol:

Oh man, this thread is great !
Cadets16

Post by Cadets16 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MrBoDangles wrote:1) karleast- who would of thought that one of our own would become famous? Now talks of himself in the third person. Heard he's trying to sue "Karl" (same birthyear) from the walking dead for infringement rights.

2) oldgoalie85- has a boy or girl at every age level possible..... The thought of tier 1 hockey taking over Minnesota, and having to pay for it, makes him drink more beer.

3) DJ- loves his Grand Rapids deeply.., but can't control his dirty fantasies about duluths Amsoil arena and the skywalks that lead him there.

4) gogherblog- any gopher recruit is all world. Any talent they didn't get has "obvious problems" that he'll make all attempts to point out.

5) elliot1909- old timer, been around since the creation of the hockey forum and hockey. Hooked up to an I-V and the hockey forum as a form of life support.

6)backwoodsoldtimer- used to love Grand Rapids and high school hockey, but some type of tragedy must have changed that.. Would be totally off the grid if it wasn't for the hockey forum. If you see a guy on 2 dragging road kill off the road in a ghillies suit, you'll know it's him.

7) easthockey- the nazi party is alive and well through east. There's a whole other hockey forum filled (12 of them) with guys he's terminated.

8 imlisteningtofnsong- achie....omahaU....Portland winterhawks are the greatest thing since.....!!! Currently drives a 80's model pinto and feeds his family peanut butter to be able to afford hockey. Has big plans to drive his boys out to Portland this summer. They're still trying to figure out how all their heads are going to fit out the sunroof of the pinto.

9)tigers33- he'll argue with you about the gophers, Edina.... Whatever. He'll argue the other side and then you'll read later on that he agreed with you the whole time.

10) mitchhawker- who is this mystery administrator that has three posts in the last five years? Hard to get a read on him..

Tough leadership, old world smarts, mystery, size, Hollywood flare and fight. A dream team!

Lessers Verboten!

Image Image Image

Psssstt....Godwin's Law.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Not to derail, but where has PuckU126 been?
Buy ya a soda after the game!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Don't forget the lifetime achievement award to be awarded to all 7AA teams forum fans that don't have home ice for the section final. Elk River currently has this award locked up for the foreseeable future.
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

There has to be some award for Teak and 3A Hockey Scout for the ability to create and sustain 50+ page threads for Section 3A year after year.
blindref

Post by blindref »

Will there be a class AA and a class A team for posters?

How about the team banquet? The Lake Street White Castle is a swanky place.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

east hockey wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:1) karleast- who would of thought that one of our own would become famous? Now talks of himself in the third person. Heard he's trying to sue "Karl" (same birthyear) from the walking dead for infringement rights.

Lessers Verboten!

Image Image Image

Psssstt....Godwin's Law.

Lee
Godwin's Law would come rather easily after reading your tag line...

:idea: :D
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Ogie wrote:Not to derail, but where has PuckU126 been?
Must be busy with his blog

followthePUCK.com
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

bookmarked

thx :)
Buy ya a soda after the game!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

First off, I love everything about this thread. I wish I could quote all of it. Delicious. :)

I'll have to get my ballot in. I see Elliott's giving me til the 20th, so I'll take my time. Gotta do my research--there are lots of good candidates. For the sake of transparency I'll make my ballot public, too, lest anyone thing we admins are stuffing the ballot box...

One note, though: unless I really missed something, PuckU is not the guy who runs FollowThePuck. He has been MIA this year, though I believe he's still lurking out there. C'mon, man, show us some signs of life...

I'm also wondering about Elliott's comment on being able to pay off the people who run the site. When did he leave Bemidji for Edina?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

karl(east) wrote:First off, I love everything about this thread. I wish I could quote all of it. Delicious. :)

I'll have to get my ballot in. I see Elliott's giving me til the 20th, so I'll take my time. Gotta do my research--there are lots of good candidates. For the sake of transparency I'll make my ballot public, too, lest anyone thing we admins are stuffing the ballot box...

One note, though: unless I really missed something, PuckU is not the guy who runs FollowThePuck. He has been MIA this year, though I believe he's still lurking out there. C'mon, man, show us some signs of life...

I'm also wondering about Elliott's comment on being able to pay off the people who run the site. When did he leave Bemidji for Edina?
I have family (read children) just about everywhere.

Where are you from again, Karl?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

elliott70 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:First off, I love everything about this thread. I wish I could quote all of it. Delicious. :)

Elliot has grandchildren, great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, great great great grandchildren, great great.......... and on and on.
Must be some of em' in or around Edina. Maybe half the state.
So watch what you say...... :P
What is a Green Wave anyway?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

TTpuckster wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Elliot has grandchildren, great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, great great great grandchildren, great great.......... and on and on.
Must be some of em' in or around Edina. Maybe half the state.
So watch what you say...... :P
This cannot be overemphasized.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Thought that Puck had mentioned it before on here... Now you have me wondering..

His info on here has a link to followthepuck.com/blog and his tag line is "The Puck"

Not sure why he'd have a link to that site, if not..
twolinepass

Post by twolinepass »

I nominate myself for best use of "Mason-Dixon Line." Haven't seen someone bust that out in a coons age.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

twolinepass wrote:I nominate myself for best use of "Mason-Dixon Line." Haven't seen someone bust that out in a coons age.
Also for use of "coons age". :mrgreen:

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MrBoDangles wrote:

Thought that Puck had mentioned it before on here... Now you have me wondering..

His info on here has a link to followthepuck.com/blog and his tag line is "The Puck"

Puck lists his location as Minnesota. I thought Doug lived in Sioux Falls.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

east hockey wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

Puck lists his location as Minnesota. I thought Doug lived in Sioux Falls.

Lee
Always figured that "Doug" was "Puck". Maybe "Puck" wants to be "Doug"?

Maybe "Karl", with his press reporting, can do an I-spy investigational report on the missing "Puck".?

:shock: