Coaching Openings for 2014-15 List

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stars67

Post by Stars67 »

Chris Carroll reportedly was announced as the new HC at Blaine!
BP

Post by BP »

Correct by Stars. Chris Carroll is new head coach at Blaine HS. 10 year asst at Bethel.
offtheglas

Post by offtheglas »

Sounds like GR has promoted Clairmont last years JV coach to asst Varsity and hired Brett Beckfeld and Tony Clafton as JV coaches. Great additions to JV staff.
BP

Post by BP »

Ken Karna hired at Sauk Rapids - Rice.
nine mile

Post by nine mile »

Mike Guzzo is the new coach of the North Shore Storm.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

nine mile wrote:Mike Guzzo is the new coach of the North Shore Storm.
Can't get rid of Guzzo......
BP

Post by BP »

Shakopee and Richfield added to the jobs open for this year.
Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 »

Anyone know the story at Richfield? Mark Johnson was a very dedicated hometown guy there. I know the program may only have a season or two left due to the youth numbers but I thought that Mark would be around until the end.
BP

Post by BP »

Oldcoach63 wrote:Anyone know the story at Richfield? Mark Johnson was a very dedicated hometown guy there. I know the program may only have a season or two left due to the youth numbers but I thought that Mark would be around until the end.
He took the JV Head Coaching position at Hill-Murray. I think he's close friends with Bill.
Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 »

Good for Mark. He's got a great heart and always cared about the kids. It's a tough situation at Richfield. They'll barely have enough to field a varsity team this season and they haven't had a JV since the '08-'09 season.
BP

Post by BP »

Josh Meyer hired at Prairie Centre.
BP

Post by BP »

Oldcoach63 wrote:Good for Mark. He's got a great heart and always cared about the kids. It's a tough situation at Richfield. They'll barely have enough to field a varsity team this season and they haven't had a JV since the '08-'09 season.

Agreed....I think Mark did a great job and got a lot out of those kids. I worry about them in their new conference. They should be independent and play some teams at their level. It could be grim.
Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 »

Oldcoach63 wrote:
Good for Mark. He's got a great heart and always cared about the kids. It's a tough situation at Richfield. They'll barely have enough to field a varsity team this season and they haven't had a JV since the '08-'09 season.

Agreed....I think Mark did a great job and got a lot out of those kids. I worry about them in their new conference. They should be independent and play some teams at their level. It could be grim.
The new conference won't be a picnic for Richfield but at least they don't have to play HM, STA, and Mahtomedi any more. That was rough (although they did win against HM in '08-'09).
BP

Post by BP »

Oldcoach63 wrote:
Oldcoach63 wrote:

The new conference won't be a picnic for Richfield but at least they don't have to play HM, STA, and Mahtomedi any more. That was rough (although they did win against HM in '08-'09).

Very true.....But at least they had a prayer against Simley, Sibley, and North St. Paul......
BP

Post by BP »

Dave Shute has been named the new Head Coach at Richfield.
BP

Post by BP »

Jamie Hagen named the new Head Coach at Willmar.
Oldcoach63

Post by Oldcoach63 »

Dave Shute has been named the new Head Coach at Richfield.
Another hometown guy. He logged a lot of miles in his playing days and really knows the game. I believe he was Dziedzic's assistant with the Novas last season. He had some glory years at Richfield around the time that Darby and his brother were coming up. If I remember, Damien Rhodes may have been their goalie at that time.

It would be great if Richfield could revive that program but my guess is this could be their last season of HS hockey. I'm thinking they'll be lucky to have enough kids for three lines tops this season and probably four defensemen. That's with no JV. Only one goalie and he played Bantam B last season. Shute will have his work cut out for him.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

you can fill the shakopee vacancy. per LPH twitter yesterday, shakopee hired ed loiselle to fill the void.
BP

Re: Coaching Openings for 2014-15 List

Post by BP »

[quote="BP"]Here is what I'm aware of for new coaches/openings for 2014-15. Feel free to add on. New coaches listed when announced.

1) Henry Sibley - Corey Hessler
2) Coon Rapids - Steve Moe
3) Simley - Austyn Kryzer
4) North St. Paul - Nate Peasley
5) East Ridge - Wes Walz
6) Delano - Gerrit Van Bergin
7) Waconia - Patrick Lenton
8) Northfield - Mike Luckcraft
9) Brainerd - Dave Aus
10) Bagley - Matt Penner
11) Sauk Rapids/Rice - Ken Karna
12) Farmington - Greg May