Reebok HP 16's & 17s Spring Festival

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 am

Hockeylogger wrote:By my count I see 9 Class A players on the 16 54's. That is 17%, much closer to the % you are looking for.

I agree that the system is biased towards the Twin Cities and AA but some years you are going to have less Class A players, it all goes in cycles.

The 17 54's have 18 players from Class A, 33%.

I think if we didn't have the bias that exists for the Cities teams and AA teams we might see close to 50% some years.

But we all know if that happened the they would probably scrap the whole program because the powers that be would decide that it isn't working.
There are only 1 or 2 class A teams in the state that could play with top 20 AA teams. so how could you think 50% of them should be A

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Just use total # of kids. More kids @ AA schools then @ Aschools. AA will always have more. :roll:

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 pm

hockeymannorth wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:By my count I see 9 Class A players on the 16 54's. That is 17%, much closer to the % you are looking for.

I agree that the system is biased towards the Twin Cities and AA but some years you are going to have less Class A players, it all goes in cycles.

The 17 54's have 18 players from Class A, 33%.

I think if we didn't have the bias that exists for the Cities teams and AA teams we might see close to 50% some years.

But we all know if that happened the they would probably scrap the whole program because the powers that be would decide that it isn't working.
There are only 1 or 2 class A teams in the state that could play with top 20 AA teams. so how could you think 50% of them should be A[/q
uote
There's at least 8 that could play with them I would say.