Goalies 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SidneysDogHouse

Post by SidneysDogHouse »

WestMetro wrote:Anyone have perspectives on Snow or Wendlandt?
\

Snow struggles mentally, and had a rough time in the D league last year even quitting for a short time after a melt down. Had an up and down season on a team that didn't need to rely on him much. If he can shake that he isn't bad, although a little "wiley coyote". Hallett is much better.

Wendlendt is okay, but may struggle if he is relied on game after game IMO. He's been a little behind year after year, but with a little maturity one never knows.

Boe is a good goalie, sort of sad to see him leave the game (if true), good kid, hard worker, fun to watch!

Anything lately on Ras?
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

I went to all the Coliseum games and I thought Snow did a great job. Went toe to toe with Driscoll and beat him and played a good game in championship. Boe hasn't been tested with only playing two varsity games and same with Wendlendt. Hopkins returns a good goalie, as does Burnsville. Lubbsmeyer would be my pick for top goalie along with Berger.

How about Eagan's goaltending now that Lindgren is gone? Didn't hear good things about their Jv goaltending. Whose going to replace Driscoll in Eastview?

I think Jancze could do very well too.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Lazy Scout wrote: How about Eagan's goaltending now that Lindgren is gone? Didn't hear good things about their Jv goaltending.
Lazy comment. Where did you "hear" this evaluation?

Lindgren would have made goaltending the obvious (and overwhelming) strength of the Wildcat team this year His departure doesn't automatically turn it into the team's weakness.

It also places just as much pressure (maybe more) on the JV defensemen who will step into the very large skates of last year's seniors. Would have been really nice to have the best HS goalie in the state covering their backs.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
SidneysDogHouse

almostashappy wrote:
Lazy Scout wrote: How about Eagan's goaltending now that Lindgren is gone? Didn't hear good things about their Jv goaltending.
Lazy comment. Where did you "hear" this evaluation?

Lindgren would have made goaltending the obvious (and overwhelming) strength of the Wildcat team this year His departure doesn't automatically turn it into the team's weakness.

It also places just as much pressure (maybe more) on the JV defensemen who will step into the very large skates of last year's seniors. Would have been really nice to have the best HS goalie in the state covering their backs.

Did I just see Snow and Driscoll in the same sentence?

Lindgren will be a a very big void, however, there are a couple capable goalies behind him that should do pretty well.
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

Did I just see Snow and Driscoll in the same sentence?

Lindgren will be a a very big void, however, there are a couple capable goalies behind him that should do pretty well.[/quote]

Geez, I never said he was better I just said he went toe to toe and played well. By the way, who won that game? Also, stats don't lie. His stats were better for that game. STA's goaltending will be fine, Eagans will be a big concern. You must be an Eagan lover and a STA hater. L
Hockey922

Post by Hockey922 »

Lazy Scout wrote:Did I just see Snow and Driscoll in the same sentence?

Lindgren will be a a very big void, however, there are a couple capable goalies behind him that should do pretty well.

Geez, I never said he was better I just said he went toe to toe and played well. By the way, who won that game? Also, stats don't lie. His stats were better for that game. STA's goaltending will be fine, Eagans will be a big concern. You must be an Eagan lover and a STA hater. L[/quote]

If I remember correctly, Snow faced maybe 20 shots that game compared to d
Driscolls 40 so comparing stats would just be stupid as snow wasn't challenged at all..
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

In two games head to head, 1 in season-1 section playoff.
Both games ended 2-1, one in OT. Each team won once.

Goalie A-56 total shots and 53 saves
Goalie B-73 total shots and 70 saves

Goalie A is considered a best of the best, Goalie B is an afterthought despite a Varsity record of 22-6-3 2.02 GAA and .920 SV%

The goalie comparison thing is very very difficult..some goalies are blessed with great teams in front of them (see EP and EDINA), some teams are blessed with great goaltending (see EV, Eagan very recent, Moorhead)..as for the Elite league..I'm certain each kid playing is deserving.
WCHBlog

Post by WCHBlog »

SidneysDogHouse wrote:
Anything lately on Ras?
Rasmussen will play AAA in Colorado next season. I've heard a rumor that Holy Family is going to have a pretty well-known goalie transfer in to replace him, however.
SidneysDogHouse

WCHBlog wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:
Anything lately on Ras?
Rasmussen will play AAA in Colorado next season. I've heard a rumor that Holy Family is going to have a pretty well-known goalie transfer in to replace him, however.
I heard the same, but also heard of a well known goalie going, but now not going...?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Anyone have updated news on Boe or Rasmussen?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

WestMetro wrote:Anyone have updated news on Boe or Rasmussen?
He is gone to Colorado - No offense, but its been reported 3 times on this thread alone.

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch Jul 22
Seems like U16 Thunderbirds could be very much in the Nat'ls mix again: new 98s F Ben Lown, G Dayton Rasmussen, 99 F Baker Shore and others.

Good luck to him - hope he does well.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

WCHBlog wrote:
SidneysDogHouse wrote:

I've heard a rumor that Holy Family is going to have a pretty well-known goalie transfer in to replace him, however.
I heard the same thing today - A kid from up north...Not sure of his name yet though
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Ok, I see Exiled One has now officially added Ras to the Whos Not Returning List, even though I don't think we ever saw an officially Twitter from Ras .

At the same time, SDH had also been implying that a high level early departing goalie had changed his mine and was staying, if not Ras would that then be Ahrens?

As far as the kid from up north, has Sibells name been mentioned?
BP

Post by BP »

WestMetro wrote: As far as the kid from up north, has Sibells name been mentioned?

Heard he was going to Providence, but maybe he changed his mind. I do know the New Prague A Bantam goalie has decided to change from NP to Holy Family.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

BP wrote:
WestMetro wrote: As far as the kid from up north, has Sibells name been mentioned?

Heard he was going to Providence, but maybe he changed his mind. I do know the New Prague A Bantam goalie has decided to change from NP to Holy Family.
It's Gabe Hiefort from Bemidji coming to The Family
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

SuperStar wrote:
BP wrote:

It's Gabe Hiefort from Bemidji coming to The Family
This should be interesting.

Gabe likes to have his fun.....
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

SS--

Seen any links on this?

Nothing on Gabes Twitter or on Holy Family website. I wonder if they have a scrimmage this weekend, usually they post their scrimmage roster on their website.

Wonder how eligibility issues were worked out.

I wonder if Elite league will transfer him from North team to Southwest
blueblood

Goalie

Post by blueblood »

How do they get away with this?

1) Goalie from SW private metro team leaves for AAA team in CO
2) Senior goalie from a northern MN HS team rumored to be "transferring" to said SW metro soon after departure is announced
3) Said senior goalie from northern MN HS team makes Elite League for Team North
4) Coach of SW private metro team is a major sponsor to Elite League
5) Goalie of Team North announces he is "transferring" to SW private metro team

Very shady...... [-X
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

What does White Bear's goalie situation look like for the upcoming season - besides very little varsity experience?
puckbreath

Re: Goalie

Post by puckbreath »

blueblood wrote:How do they get away with this?

2) Senior goalie from a northern MN HS team rumored to be "transferring" to said SW metro soon after departure is announced
3) Said senior goalie from northern MN HS team makes Elite League for Team North

Very shady...... [-X

Say it ain't so Joe !

Smoky back room deals ?

Politics ?

Good 'ol boy network ?

I'm shocked !

(sarcasm)
almostashappy

Re: Goalie

Post by almostashappy »

blueblood wrote:How do they get away with this?

Very shady...... [-X
Private league. No obligation to be transparent or accountable.

It's a market-driven situation. So long as there's a steady supply of willing parents/players with cash in hand, and as long as they don't drive their sponsors away, they can run things however the hell they want.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

wbmd wrote:What does White Bear's goalie situation look like for the upcoming season - besides very little varsity experience?
Brady Peterson was the back up last year and look kind of shaky at times he did play. Maybe that will change as he gains more experience if he's the starter. Brandon Dornfeld played well for jv last year and in my opinion should make varsity from the start of the season. There is also Bob Parenteau who played Bantams last year who I hear is a pretty good goalie. We'll see if Sager goes with the program veteran in Peterson or the younger guys in Dornfeld and Parenteau
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Looks like official Family Fire notice is now on Gabes twitter. Good advance info by SuperStar!

Assuming John Peterson does not early depart this month, this solidifies the Family in the top 10 going into the season. But Gabe will have that first Turkey Trot buzz attack from the Hornets at Plymouth as his initiation.

Retweeted by gabe heifort
Allie Heifort @allieheifort · 8h
Little recent throw back in honor of the little bro moving down to HF 💚 #TBT #Family

Does anyone have any updates on the Edina Boe/Enriquez situation?
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

WestMetro wrote:Looks like official Family Fire notice is now on Gabes twitter. Good advance info by SuperStar!

Assuming John Peterson does not early depart this month, this solidifies the Family in the top 10 going into the season. But Gabe will have that first Turkey Trot buzz attack from the Hornets at Plymouth as his initiation.

Retweeted by gabe heifort
Allie Heifort @allieheifort · 8h
Little recent throw back in honor of the little bro moving down to HF 💚 #TBT #Family

Does anyone have any updates on the Edina Boe/Enriquez situation?
This should be interesting............Gabe at a private school, lol.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Looks like here is the answer to the the Edina Boe hockey vs golf question:

Kobi Boe @Koboe_33 · Aug 12

I need hockey season