Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

My_Kid_Loves_Hockey

Post by My_Kid_Loves_Hockey » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:29 pm

I was at the Open Championship game and I can tell you that if you really enjoy the comedic power of this topic, you should attend a game to take in the atmosphere in the stands. :oops: :oops:

At the end of the game, you would have thought that BK had sent out a line of ax murderer's the way their stands were screaming at the officials, it was so entertaining.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Luverne is a top 25 single A team and #1 in 3A. (Kennedy is not a bad team, average A team.)
Hutch is very capable to win the section. New Ulm could give Hutch trouble in the semis.
Litch and Marshall could upset someone.
All the others, I hope they are having fun and enjoying the season
Last edited by elliott70 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:52 pm

elliott70 wrote:Luverne is a top 25 single A team and #1 in 3A. (Kennedy is not a bad team, average A team.)
Hutch is very capable to win the section.
I'd assume you forgot to mention New Ulm as someone capable of winning the section.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:11 pm

MrGoalieBoy wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Luverne is a top 25 single A team and #1 in 3A. (Kennedy is not a bad team, average A team.)
Hutch is very capable to win the section. New Ulm would give Hutch a challenge in the semis.
I'd assume you forgot to mention New Ulm as someone capable of winning the section.
Thanks. Got interrupted by bantam kids selling raffle tickets. Have six of them now. Likely more to come.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:52 am

I don't think the BK loss means the Cards won't win their conference, or even their section. If they switched places, I think Hutch or LDC would probably win Luverne's conference, and Luverne would probably finishe 5th or 6th in that conference. Nothing has changed there.

However, I think it means the metro will stop wondering whether they should consider the D1 talent, or seed a 3A team. Going forward, all the chest-thumping and cries of 'look at me' will largely go unheard, with the exception of others from Iowa and South Dakota.

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 am

InigoMontoya wrote:I don't think the BK loss means the Cards won't win their conference, or even their section. If they switched places, I think Hutch or LDC would probably win Luverne's conference, and Luverne would probably finishe 5th or 6th in that conference. Nothing has changed there.

However, I think it means the metro will stop wondering whether they should consider the D1 talent, or seed a 3A team. Going forward, all the chest-thumping and cries of 'look at me' will largely go unheard, with the exception of others from Iowa and South Dakota.
LDC would win the Big South? I like your Dragons squad but maybe they should focus on trying to beat Rivers Lakes first?

Hutch will beat up your Dragons and I think Willmar will give them all they want. LDC is getting better but again slow down with that statement.

LDC will have its hands full with Marshall and New Ulm yet this year. They are getting better but let's get ahead of ourselves.

fastncrash

Post by fastncrash » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:23 am

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:I don't think the BK loss means the Cards won't win their conference, or even their section. If they switched places, I think Hutch or LDC would probably win Luverne's conference, and Luverne would probably finishe 5th or 6th in that conference. Nothing has changed there.

LDC would win the Big South? I like your Dragons squad but maybe they should focus on trying to beat Rivers Lakes first?

Hutch will beat up your Dragons and I think Willmar will give them all they want. LDC is getting better but again slow down with that statement.

LDC will have its hands full with Marshall and New Ulm yet this year. They are getting better but let's get ahead of ourselves.
And with your "Spot ON" History of analysis and predictions.... errrrr.... Nevermind. :roll:

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 am

I'm not sure how I got custody of LDC, but since they are mine: if Luverne was not in the conference, then the likely teams to beat would be Marshall, New Ulm, and St Peter/LeSueur/Henderson/et al. (I don't see Willmar in the conference - I don't see River Lakes either.) LDC may indeed have to work to beat those three teams, but if they do, wouldn't they win the hypothetical conference championship?

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 am

My_Kid_Loves_Hockey wrote:I was at the Open Championship game and I can tell you that if you really enjoy the comedic power of this topic, you should attend a game to take in the atmosphere in the stands. :oops: :oops:

At the end of the game, you would have thought that BK had sent out a line of ax murderer's the way their stands were screaming at the officials, it was so entertaining.
This is awesome! lol.

OU812

Post by OU812 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 pm

My_Kid_Loves_Hockey wrote:I was at the Open Championship game and I can tell you that if you really enjoy the comedic power of this topic, you should attend a game to take in the atmosphere in the stands. :oops: :oops:

Just so we're clear, which side's fans were screaming? And what was the crime those fans thought the officials were supposedly guilty of?

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:53 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:

I'm not sure how I got custody of LDC, but since they are mine: if Luverne was not in the conference, then the likely teams to beat would be Marshall, New Ulm, and St Peter/LeSueur/Henderson/et al. (I don't see Willmar in the conference - I don't see River Lakes either.) LDC may indeed have to work to beat those three teams, but if they do, wouldn't they win the hypothetical conference championship?
You might just be better suited to keep donkey punching sheep?

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:23 pm

My son was done playing last year and I thought life was over after a great State Tourney run, but following this thread again this year is soooo entertaining!! I would rather read the Jab's and insights on here than read the "AA" biased newspaper scribes any day!! :D

My_Kid_Loves_Hockey

Post by My_Kid_Loves_Hockey » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:58 pm

OU812 wrote:

Just so we're clear, which side's fans were screaming? And what was the crime those fans thought the officials were supposedly guilty of?
The mighty Cards fans were the screamers, and I didn't see anything that should have been called so I would not know what they thought was so agregiously not called.

It is no wonder this topic is so entertaining.

Seriously you need to catch a game and take it all in.

Edger

Post by Edger » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Jaxson Nelson makes it 1-0 for Luverne early.
NU comes back with a PP goal to tie it at 1.

3-1 Luverne after 1.
All over the Eagles.

6-1 late in the second.
NU taking penalties and Luverne making them pay.

8-1. Time is a-running.

MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Edger wrote:Jaxson Nelson makes it 1-0 for Luverne early.
NU comes back with a PP goal to tie it at 1.

3-1 Luverne after 1.
All over the Eagles.

6-1 late in the second.
NU taking penalties and Luverne making them pay.

8-1. Time is a-running.
Maybe this is why Hutch, New Ulm, or Litchfield wouldn't drive to Luverne before? Yikes. I thought New Ulm would give them a run for their money tonight. Hate to say it, but this one was all luverne...a 4 goal comeback to tie New Ulm doesn't look so good for Hutch now does it?

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Attention Section 3A

CC: LORD

BCC:TROUT

MESSAGE PENDING....

URGENT Brief Message as follows;

TICK TOCK.

NOTHING FOLLOWS.

NOTTONIGHT OUT.

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:09 am

8-1.

No sugar coating that. New Ulm got pumped.

This section is all over the place.

What's up with Marshall? Looks like they got throttled in the open division by some cupcake teams.

One word for every team in this section. Inconsistent.

Makes for a wild race to the finish

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:09 am

8-1.

What's up with Marshall? Looks like they got throttled in the open division by some cupcake teams.

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:14 am

Bettman's Bender wrote:8-1.

Marshall got beat up in the Open Division does that surprise you? Even when they had God's Gift to Hockey in the Net AKA YOU.... They got beat up pretty good in the Open Division.

Not sure what is up with New Ulm but that is an ugly score out of Luverne.

This Section gets better every night no one want to take charge.

Hutch seems to have the upper hand and everyone else is chasing Cowger & Company

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:08 am

Marshall got beat up in the Open Division does that surprise you? Even when they had God's Gift to Hockey in the Net AKA YOU.... They got beat up pretty good in the Open Division.

Hutch seems to have the upper hand and everyone else is chasing Cowger & Company
Cowger is the king of the section. Not one player that could consider challenging the king of the section.

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:52 am

The Senior Sniper is the best player in this section for second year in a row!

Meow Kitty Meow...

MrGoalieBoy

Post by MrGoalieBoy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 am

Give Luverne some credit Scout. They throttled New Ulm. Explain to me how Hutchinson has the upper hand? You can knock Luverne on any of their "bad loss" to Kennedy, but a tie to New Ulm looks pretty bad as well.

Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:33 pm

St Peter 6 Marshall 0 Final from this afternoon

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:St Peter 6 Marshall 0 Final from this afternoon
Are the wheels falling off in M-town or what?

Teak

Post by Teak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Bettman's Bender wrote:
Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:St Peter 6 Marshall 0 Final from this afternoon
Are the wheels falling off in M-town or what?
I watched the LeSueur et al. whitewash of Marshall.

The first period was even and Marshall was putting pressure on the LeSueur goalie (who likes to move the posts under pressure), and then a Marshall defender lets the puck break out and Sam Wenner scores at the buzzer, 1-0 to the Sewer.

Second half was the blowout. Wenner scores on a soft goal, which the Marshall soft-more goalie lets slide in without a fight. Westphal scores the next two, the first on a poor break out by Marshall. I don't know why the Marshall breakout includes setting up the opposition in front of the Marshall net.

After 5-0, the soft-more goalie got subbed out and the senior goalie kept it close the rest of the game, conceding only one.

Hard to get excited about going out in the cold when you lose at home to LeSueur et al. But Sam Wenner was clearly the best player on the ice and showed his class.