Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender »

Just happened to check the New Ulm - Mahtomedi score.... Had to double take....

4-3 Mahtomedi 12 min to go in the 3rd
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Bettman's Bender wrote:Just happened to check the New Ulm - Mahtomedi score.... Had to double take....

5-3 Mahtomedi 7:28 remaining.
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
Bettman's Bender wrote:Just happened to check the New Ulm - Mahtomedi score.... Had to double take....

5-3 Mahtomedi 7:28 remaining.
power play dagger, and gives Becker the hatty.

NU played hard, was pulling for them. Unfortunately looks like all for not
hammer99

Post by hammer99 »

Teak wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:I think I speak for everyone except bender, when I say the grammer police posts are the worst.
Well, I find that grammar helps me to avoid entering useless discussions with cretins. 8)

It's kind of like the canary in a coal mine.

Almost, but not quite.

Try removing the "to" from your first sentence. "I find that grammar helps me avoid entering useless discussions with cretins" would be the grammatically correct way to word that sentence.

Sorry Teak, couldn't resist. :wink:
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Good job New Ulm! That's two years in a row now that Section 3A has kept the quarterfinal games close. Hopefully this section can continue to get better and finally win one of these games.
pats12

Post by pats12 »

Good showing for NUSE, I believe the shots were almost dead even in the 2nd &3rd. Pretty lopsided in the first. The gap between 3A and the best teams seems to be narrowing.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Huh. There were some 'good teams' that got beaten up by Mahtomedi worse than NU. So much for the 3A haters claiming that these teams are not worthy of the state tournament. Way to go 3A. Win one now.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Mahtomedi didn't look as good as advertised, but NU played them tough. Good showing!!
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:You throw the words "talent" around very loosely. This section only has a handful of "talented" players.
Here is a link to one of the talented ones grabbing something Luverne did not get at state last year. A little National Media Attention.

http://youtu.be/lEsvEj2nacE
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Good luck to NU and NP, should be an entertaining cons. game.
Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:You throw the words "talent" around very loosely. This section only has a handful of "talented" players.
Here is a link to one of the talented ones grabbing something Luverne did not get at state last year. A little National Media Attention.

http://youtu.be/lEsvEj2nacE
New Ulm ends up on waffleSCtopten, national recognition for a heckuva play, deservedly so. Luverne's PR team finds themselves at a bifurcation (8), increase the volume of strategic communication in hopes of strengthening their relationship with the public, or regress towards a 'less is more' strategy, and let the product sell itself.....

Serious note, and truly, this goes against my nature, good job New Ulm, made me a proud 3Atian, not sure what this section's fate is, but either way as it stands now it is ascending and that is good.

P.S. Glad for them and us they didn't draw the HermanTrain, man they put on a clinic, whether you love it or hate it, they put on a clinic.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

New Ulm Should be able to handle New Prague in my Opinion. New Ulm is playing REALLY well right now.

Could be big win for 3A. With 5A taking the crown for worst section in the state, Runner up is between 1A and 3A. This game will be a big step in establishing some forum pride.
TooMuchFUn

game scores?

Post by TooMuchFUn »

anyone at the game able to keep us updated?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

According to the Hub, NP is up 2-1 after the first. SOG: NP-11 NU-5
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Listening on radio, New Ulm scored first, NP scored 3 straight, including a shorthanded goal to go up 3-1, but 20 seconds later (just as I was typing this) New Ulm made it 3-2. 13 minues left in second
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

NP 3-2 early in 2nd.
Shorty by NP and PP by NU.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

After 2, 4-2 Czechs over the Germans

NP goals Witt (PP), A Gregor, A Gregor (SH), Simon

NU Goals Helget, Beltz (PP)

Shots 22-13 NP
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

hockeydad wrote:After 2, 4-2 Czechs over the Germans

Shots 22-13 NP
Now don't turn this into an international incident there Scoop K' ! :lol:
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Wreckincrew wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: The student section should get a couple quality wins....
Which is more then LaVerne can say.

ChokeCardsChoke!

Maybe Shirley can help next year.
Maybe In New Ulm's 5 trip's to state they can match the amount of wins Luverne had in their first trip..... on the ice...

Another winless trip for New Ulm as they fall 5-2 to New Prague. Damn! Good season Eagles. See ya Next year.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

The perfect record is still intact 0-10 at state what a beautiful thing! Congratulations on a great season Eagles!
fastncrash

Hmmmmm....

Post by fastncrash »

hockeydad wrote:After 2, 4-2 Czechs over the Germans

Shots 22-13 NP
Congrats to Sleepy Eye. Strong showing.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

How man kids on the New Ulm team this year were from Sleepy Eye? I don't care but just curious. I remember a kid with the nickname Bear (don't remember his real name) and a beltz kid that were good players from Sleepy Eye around the 2000 time. Also, does the Sleepy Eye rink still have the chairs from the old Met Center?
Wreckincrew

Post by Wreckincrew »

CherryPicker99 wrote:How man kids on the New Ulm team this year were from Sleepy Eye? I don't care but just curious. I remember a kid with the nickname Bear (don't remember his real name) and a beltz kid that were good players from Sleepy Eye around the 2000 time. Also, does the Sleepy Eye rink still have the chairs from the old Met Center?
Helget, Beltz, Heiderscheidt, Kopecek, Gilliland, Sellner - SE St. Mary's
Berkner & Klein - SE Public

Yes, Met Center chairs still there.

Not sure about whereabouts of the 2 players.
TheSiouxSuck

Post by TheSiouxSuck »

CherryPicker99 wrote:How man kids on the New Ulm team this year were from Sleepy Eye? I don't care but just curious. I remember a kid with the nickname Bear (don't remember his real name) and a beltz kid that were good players from Sleepy Eye around the 2000 time. Also, does the Sleepy Eye rink still have the chairs from the old Met Center?
Loren havemeier.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Wreckincrew wrote:
Helget, Beltz, Heiderscheidt, Kopecek, Gilliland, Sellner - SE St. Mary's
Berkner & Klein - SE Public

Yes, Met Center chairs still there.

Not sure about whereabouts of the 2 players.
Love those chairs! Did Bear ever a hockey after high school?