Section 3A 2014 - 2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I don't see much of anything about Hutchinson, in general, much less their first line. 2 minutes of researching online, looks like Hutchinson graduated 5 of the 6 kids on the first two forward lines, 3 of 4 defensemen, and the goalie. For a team that's listed on another thread as being one of the few remaining undefeated teams, they're very quiet.
Teak

Post by Teak »

Whiner33 wrote:
Teak wrote:
bardown27 wrote:a couple 3A scores from tonight:

**River Lakes 5
Willmar 4 OT

**added
I was at this game. It did not go to overtime. Willmar scored 3 in the first 5 minutes but stopping passing the puck around after that. Too many penalties and players trying to do it on his own.
He's back!!!!
Unfortunately, this was the first game I could attend this season. Too much work and travel. :cry:
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Teak wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Teak wrote: I was at this game. It did not go to overtime. Willmar scored 3 in the first 5 minutes but stopping passing the puck around after that. Too many penalties and players trying to do it on his own.
He's back!!!!
Unfortunately, this was the first game I could attend this season. Too much work and travel. :cry:
You have great insight on this thread look forward to more of your posts!

Time for a new job😃
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

The Cards better be cheering for T-G to pull off an upset of A-C tonight, or next week they could be hosting an unranked 2-6 (or 1-7) team in a game that has no upside for them, but a lot of pressure on them to win.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InigoMontoya wrote:The Cards better be cheering for T-G to pull off an upset of A-C tonight, or next week they could be hosting an unranked 2-6 (or 1-7) team in a game that has no upside for them, but a lot of pressure on them to win.
Luverne might have inadvertently put themselves in the position Lord so masterfully avoided when it came to playing Luverne in years past. No upside to win, but a big impact if you lose.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

InigoMontoya wrote:The Cards better be cheering for T-G to pull off an upset of A-C tonight, or next week they could be hosting an unranked 2-6 (or 1-7) team in a game that has no upside for them, but a lot of pressure on them to win.
Not to be. Totino won tonight.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

rollCARDSroll wrote:
I don't know if T-G is out of the woods yet, regarding being an unranked 2-6 team. A big win against all that D-1 talent should vault them back up there, though.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

InigoMontoya wrote:
rollCARDSroll wrote:
I don't know if T-G is out of the woods yet, regarding being an unranked 2-6 team. A big win against all that D-1 talent should vault them back up there, though.
Coach Putulny will be at BMIA on Saturday. You can ask him if the squad has D-1 talent.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Good grief are we back on that again? I am sure you have some nice players down there but phrases about counting chickens and carts before horses come to mind. Maybe there are a couple D1 kids in Luverne, no clue as I have not seen them play since state. I angered Herb when I asked where his 'D1' kids were late in section play and at state because they pretty much disappeared. I will ask again... Luverne played 1 good team so far. And was badly outplayed, including your D1 guys. From what I heard the two goals put up were not goals you will typically get against strong teams as they were the result of a weird bounce and a little dangle around a D guy (who I would imagine heard the phrase the body the body the body a few times after that). Constantly blowing your own (or more likely your kids) horn makes people wonder who you are trying to convince? Us or yourself? Let your game do the talking. If they are D1 caliber, people will find them.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Despite the number of losses they have, Totino's Class A losses are by 2 to EGF and by 3 to TRF. It's still too early to tell much about them as far as the Class A landscape goes, but they shouldn't be looked past.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

hawkenjonny wrote:Good grief are we back on that again? I am sure you have some nice players down there but phrases about counting chickens and carts before horses come to mind. Maybe there are a couple D1 kids in Luverne, no clue as I have not seen them play since state. I angered Herb when I asked where his 'D1' kids were late in section play and at state because they pretty much disappeared. I will ask again... Luverne played 1 good team so far. And was badly outplayed, including your D1 guys. From what I heard the two goals put up were not goals you will typically get against strong teams as they were the result of a weird bounce and a little dangle around a D guy (who I would imagine heard the phrase the body the body the body a few times after that). Constantly blowing your own (or more likely your kids) horn makes people wonder who you are trying to convince? Us or yourself? Let your game do the talking. If they are D1 caliber, people will find them.
Ok Johnny we will do it your way. The cards suck and there isn't any D1 talent on the roster.

Somebody better let em know at 1901 4th street southeast in Minneapolis that is a waste of gas money to head down to the farm in rock county on Saturday.

Get over yourself guy, all I did was reply to a comment.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

notTONIGHT wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:Good grief are we back on that again? I am sure you have some nice players down there but phrases about counting chickens and carts before horses come to mind. Maybe there are a couple D1 kids in Luverne, no clue as I have not seen them play since state. I angered Herb when I asked where his 'D1' kids were late in section play and at state because they pretty much disappeared. I will ask again... Luverne played 1 good team so far. And was badly outplayed, including your D1 guys. From what I heard the two goals put up were not goals you will typically get against strong teams as they were the result of a weird bounce and a little dangle around a D guy (who I would imagine heard the phrase the body the body the body a few times after that). Constantly blowing your own (or more likely your kids) horn makes people wonder who you are trying to convince? Us or yourself? Let your game do the talking. If they are D1 caliber, people will find them.
Ok Johnny we will do it your way. The cards suck and there isn't any D1 talent on the roster.

Somebody better let em know at 1901 4th street southeast in Minneapolis that is a waste of gas money to head down to the farm in rock county on Saturday.

=D> =D> Thank you! That was too easy. I just won a $10 bet with another guy who loves the drama and reactionary people on the 3A thread. I bet I would get a comment from you before noon. Candy from a baby. Im sure the gophs know what they are doing and we are all sufficiently impressed that you know their address. Insecurity is an ugly thing Herb. Might be the mecca of D1 talent down there. Heard Nelson is the real deal so assuming that is who they are coming to see. If you aren't HIS dad sorry if I hurt your feelings. Again. Read your last sentence and apply.
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

hawkenjonny wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:

=D> =D> Thank you! That was too easy. I just won a $10 bet with another guy who loves the drama and reactionary people on the 3A thread. I bet I would get a comment from you before noon. Candy from a baby. Im sure the gophs know what they are doing and we are all sufficiently impressed that you know their address. Insecurity is an ugly thing Herb. Might be the mecca of D1 talent down there. Heard Nelson is the real deal so assuming that is who they are coming to see. If you aren't HIS dad sorry if I hurt your feelings. Again. Read your last sentence and apply.
Thank you jonny, that just made my day.

BTW he is Chaz's Big Bro
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Clever girl.

I'm not the troll here.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

notTONIGHT wrote:Clever girl.

I'm not the troll here.
2 points for using a Jurassic Park quote.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

I'm not the troll here.
Sorry Herb, I sort of set you up, but ten bucks is ten bucks. Also like the JP reference, but who is Chaz? What is a Chaz?
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

hawkenjonny wrote:

I'm not the troll here.
Sorry Herb, I sort of set you up, but ten bucks is ten bucks. Also like the JP reference, but who is Chaz? What is a Chaz?
what one is the quote from Jurassic Park? I've seen the movie a bunch of times, but that quote doesn't stick out.

All I know is that TG/Luverne is going to be a good game, regardless if TG has 1,2,3 wins.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Cmon you don't remember that?
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

notTONIGHT wrote:Image

Cmon you don't remember that?
ahh, yes. I watched the clip on the "tube" I remember know, thanks for the reminder. Not as memorable as the poor basterd on the port a PLEASE BAN ME though.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

If anyone else would like to earn 10$ publicly bashing high school boys. Please, sign up here on the Section 3A high school hockey thread. These boys wont know the difference.
rollCARDSroll

Post by rollCARDSroll »

notTONIGHT wrote:If anyone else would like to earn 10$ publicly bashing high school boys. Please, sign up here on the Section 3A high school hockey thread. These boys wont know the difference.

The HERO of Duluth did it! It must be ok!!!! Put your money in boys!!!!
gingerroll

Post by gingerroll »

notTONIGHT wrote:If anyone else would like to earn 10$ publicly bashing high school boys. Please, sign up here on the Section 3A high school hockey thread. These boys wont know the difference.
I don't think Jonny was bashing high school kids. Looked like he was getting under your skin. Or should I say Roseau South or Edina West.

Just to let you know Herb that there is a lot of hockey in the state and Luverne is just a blip on the map.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

gingerroll wrote:
I don't think Jonny was bashing high school kids. Looked like he was getting under your skin. Or should I say Roseau South or Edina West.

Just to let you know Herb that there is a lot of hockey in the state and Luverne is just a blip on the map.
We all know you look pretty cute in your red hair ginger but I'd back off a bit you got your two cents in for what it's worth. It's cute you guys need ten doll hairs...

Herb brings great insight to the thread and you guys can't stand the truth from him.

Best of luck calling kids out on here. We all know yours never skated ginger!!
Better luck next time!
Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender »

Whiner33 wrote:
gingerroll wrote:

We all know you look pretty cute in your red hair ginger but I'd back off a bit you got your two cents in for what it's worth. It's cute you guys need ten doll hairs...

Herb brings great insight to the thread and you guys can't stand the truth from him.

Better luck next time!

Please enlighten us to a time when Herb or anyone with the Red Goggles on has provided this thread with any "great insight."

If we define "great insight" as notifying the general public at every opportunity how unreasonably great "Luverne/Roseau South/Edina West/Pipestone South/Lost to SPA East" is then we have an issue in and of itself. Then again, this is 3A. This section is still a generation or two from actually understanding hockey. So I guess I'm not surprised that some people's hockey satiety is satisfied by the insight provided in this thread.

Seriously please show me where this insight occurs. I'm too lazy to go back and look.

I keep telling you all, there are some great resources online where you can actually pick up on alot of the X's and O's of hockey. Hockey is a sport where if you don't know what you're looking for, anyone who can do a nice toe drag and has a nice pair of spendy skates will look like a good player to you.

Once you understand the game, you'll really get a real appreciation for the way a team like the L.A Kings often play.

Whiner. I don't think anyone was calling out kids. They made a bet on trigger happy notTonight who I will now refer to as Mr. Hall Monitor. (We all know that guy who takes their gig just a bit too seriously.) Mr. Hall Monitor.

I'll go $20 with somebody on here that the next time Luverne loses we don't hear from the red hat ladies (luverne fan club) on here for a few days. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Bettman's Bender wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
gingerroll wrote: I don't think Jonny was bashing high school kids. Looked like he was getting under your skin. Or should I say Roseau South or Edina West.

Better luck next time!

Please enlighten us to a time when Herb or anyone with the Red Goggles on has provided this thread with any "great insight."

If we define "great insight" as notifying the general public at every opportunity how unreasonably great "Luverne/Roseau South/Edina West/Pipestone South/Lost to SPA East" is then we have an issue in and of itself. Then again, this is 3A. This section is still a generation or two from actually understanding hockey. So I guess I'm not surprised that some people's hockey satiety is satisfied by the insight provided in this thread.

Seriously please show me where this insight occurs. I'm too lazy to go back and look.

I keep telling you all, there are some great resources online where you can actually pick up on alot of the X's and O's of hockey. Hockey is a sport where if you don't know what you're looking for, anyone who can do a nice toe drag and has a nice pair of spendy skates will look like a good player to you.

Once you understand the game, you'll really get a real appreciation for the way a team like the L.A Kings often play.

Whiner. I don't think anyone was calling out kids. They made a bet on trigger happy notTonight who I will now refer to as Mr. Hall Monitor. (We all know that guy who takes their gig just a bit too seriously.) Mr. Hall Monitor.

I'll go $20 with somebody on here that the next time Luverne loses we don't hear from the red hat ladies (luverne fan club) on here for a few days. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Hat Ladies, I like that one.